7 People shot at Detroit bus stop....

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31668085/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Two of the victims reported in critical condition; no arrests made

Detroit police say at least seven teenagers have been shot near a high school and two are in critical condition.

Detroit Police spokesman Rod Liggons tells WXYZ-TV the victims were shot Tuesday afternoon at a bus stop by gunmen who emerged from a green minivan.

Detroit Public Schools Police Chief Roderick Grimes says at least five students attending classes at Cody High School were shot. He says two are in critical condition.

Grimes says two or possibly three gunmen asked for a person by name before opening fire on the crowd.

The shooting took place about a block away from the high school shortly after summer school classes had ended for the day.

The victim's were transported to area hospitals.

No arrests have been made.

This is a breaking news story. Check back for updates.

:smh::smh::smh::smh: Its so cold in the D.

Acur

wannabe star
Registered
All I'm saying is stop the bs. Bad things happen everywhere. Chicago (school kids getting shot and killed in the inner city), Dallas, Detroit, Philly etc etc.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
All I'm saying is stop the bs. Bad things happen everywhere. Chicago (school kids getting shot and killed in the inner city), Dallas, Detroit, Philly etc etc.

Interesting you have this attitude now. Where's this sentiment when you're ripping the south? :hmm: Like I keep saying, we're all in this together. Stop regional bullshit.

easlib1

Potential Star
Registered
i went to cody high for a minute back in '82. it was rough then with ybi and guns at mcdonalds. go cody comets.

Acur

wannabe star
Registered
Interesting you have this attitude now. Where's this sentiment when you're ripping the south? :hmm: Like I keep saying, we're all in this together. Stop regional bullshit.

Who the hell are You questioning what I do? :lol: I speak on the bottom where you live.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Who the hell are You questioning what I do? :lol: I speak on the bottom where you live.

And you're the one crying for sympathy. :rolleyes:
Well, we know he didn't shoot 'em! I guess it is cold in the D!
frozen-man-detroit-773810.jpg

TCapone

Potential Star
Registered
You niggaz need to quit because most of you niggaz talking shit come from waaaaaaaay worser places than Detroit. Do you remember this post? NUFF SAID! :lol:

062309hoods.jpg_20090622_19_54_15_1370-282-400.imageContent

The nation's 25 most dangerous neighborhoods

1) Cincinnati, Central Pwky./Liberty St.

2) Chicago, State St./Garfield Blvd.

3) Miami, 7th Ave./North River Dr.

4) Jacksonville, Beaver St./Broad St.

5) Baltimore, North Ave./Belair Rd.

6) Kansas City, Bales Ave./30th St.

7) Memphis, Warford St./Mt. Olive Rd.

8) Kansas City, Forest Ave./41st St.

9) Dallas, Route 352/Scyene Rd.

10) Richmond, Va., Church Hill

11) Memphis, Bellevue Blvd./Lamar Ave.

12) Dallas, 2nd Ave./Hatcher St.

13) Springfield, Ill., Cook St./11th St.

14) St. Louis, 14th St./Dr. Martin Luther King Dr.

15) Little Rock, Ark., Roosevelt Rd./Bond St.

16) Philadelphia, Broad St./Dauphin St.

17) Tampa, Amelia Ave./Tampa St.

18) New York, St. Nicholas Ave./125th St.

19) Chicago, 66th St./Yale Ave.

20) Baltimore, Orleans St./Front St.

21) Cleveland, Cedar Ave./55th St.

22) Orlando, East-West Expy./Orange Blossom Trail

23) Detroit, Mt. Elliott St./Palmer Ave.

24) Chicago, Wallace St./58th St.

25) Chicago, Winchester Ave./60th St.

Chicago's most dangerous neighborhoods
URBAN CRIME | FBI statistics show residents near 55th and State had 1-in-4 chance of being victims

June 23, 2009

BY MARK J. KONKOL Staff Reporter

Chicago is home to four of the top 25 most dangerous "neighborhoods" in the country, including a sliver of Washington Park that ranked No. 2, a recently released study of FBI crime statistics shows.

Folks who lived near 55th and State -- less than two miles from President Obama's house and the possible site of a future Olympic stadium -- had a 1-in-4 chance of becoming a victim of violent crime each year between 2005 and 2007, according to NeighborhoodScout.com.

That section of Washington Park -- home to part of the now-demolished Robert Taylor public housing high-rises during the years of the study -- was edged out of the top spot by a crime-ridden corner of Cincinnati, Ohio.

Chicago was the only city to land more than two neighborhoods on the list, which ranked danger by calculating the number of violent crimes per 1,000 residents in a census tract.

Chicago's three other danger zones are located in poverty-stricken Englewood, a hot bed for violence in recent years. They include census tracts near:

• • 66th and Yale, ranked No. 19 with a violent crime ratio of 115 (per 1,000 residents).

• • 58th and Wallace and 60th and Winchester, ranked No. 24 and 25, respectively. Residents had a 1-in-9 chance of being violent crime victims.

"Englewood is a neighborhood that has had a lot of things happen to it. There are very good people in Englewood, and their houses are often the only ones standing on their block," said Ald. Freddrenna Lyle (6th). "Public policy decisions made long ago caused us to get where we are today."

Lyle, whose ward includes 66th and Yale, said the study shines another light on the desperate need for both short-term fixes and a long-term solution to social problems that plague Englewood.

"It's been time for [Mayor Daley] to pay attention," she said. "We put more money collectively into Englewood than anywhere else, but it's a little here and a little there. We need to go back in there and consolidate resources to solve some of the problems."

The study's author, geographer Dr. Andrew Schiller, said the calculation gives people a better way to understand the "climate" of crime in particular sections of cities.

"It's better to understand the climate rather than the weather. It's very important to have a sense of risk for somebody in a particular location rather than a more pedestrian counting of what happened last week," Schiller said.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/neighborhoods/1634761,CST-NWS-hoods23.article

Nothing new to me, just more to be embarrassment about.
Out of the 25 most dangerous neighborhoods, 4 are in Chicago.
That 4 makes Chicago the worst out the entire USA.
Illinois as a whole has a total of 5 on the list....making it the worst state in all of America. In the last 19 months Chicago has had over 600+ school kids admitted into hospitals for some violent related injuries. Being a mixxture of Black and Latino Kids....but the mass majority are Black. Also, Illinois has the worst gun laws in the entire Nation.....proof that strict gun laws dont work

Hmmm....Since im typign about Chicago, let me insert Obama into this.....

One thing i find funny is how the President hasnt even mention the carnage happening in his home town. The second most fucked up neighborhood on the list is blocks away from his house; and Blocks away from the spot where crooked ass mayor Daley is planning to land grab and build an Olympic stadium.

Chicago has been in the media for a while now because of our rise in violence.
CNN, Fox, Huffington Post, NY Times...they all chimed in on the situation. But when the issue gets brought up in front of mayor Daley, he brushes it off like it aint shit. Obama doesnt mention Chicago much, major issues within this country, his admin said he didnt have the time. but when it came time to talk about the Olympics, he and his admin had the time, and they dedicated an entire office within the White house for the Olympic games.
Olympics....Olympics.......Olympics
Daley><Obama

Since Blacks folks in the Chi act like scared bitches when its time to step to these young, mama boy, emotional, insecure ass gangbangin niggas. They rather depend solely on their elected official that dont give ah fuck about them, see the support Black Chicagoans give to Obama and Daley for some examples, i expect more of the same from my city :D

Acur

wannabe star
Registered
the pathetic thing is every single one of those places blacks make up the majority of the population. the lesson is....if you want to live, move as far away from negros as possible. :smh::smh::smh:

I might know You. A former classmate said he was moving away from niggas in Oakland. Your life will be peaceful without lil Ray Ray.

Genetic

Star
Registered
whats wrong nigga? too emotional to handle the truth? i didn't create those stats, negros did. how could you be mad at me for stating the 100% truth? :rolleyes::hmm:
Naw, I don't get emotional bruh. We all know white people pay to keep their image clean. White people will never create statistic to work against their own. Once a created statistic is made and people start to believe in the lame ass report, then it become true when it really wasn't in the first place.