60% of NBA players are broke after 5yrs of retirement.

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got podnas in the league(s), the biggest problem these dudes face is upon retirement...they live as if they're still making $______ million a year, when its simply not the case. They can't maintain that lifestyle. Which in reality, they shouldn't have lived as extravagent when the money was flowing. A lot of them are so distrustful, that they turn down solid advice & warning because it comes a guy named Smith & not Rubenstein.

Bruh 60k a yr in pension for doing absolutely nothing is great. Honestly most athletes don't think like your cousin.

Trust in my 1st 3 yrs as an 1st round NBA player I would own a couple of fast food franchises too along with some dunkin donuts spots. By the time of projected retirement from the league I would already be a business mogul. Please you keep that continuation of income for yourself and family for generations to come.

Man, tried to get that through some of my boy's head in the nfl...they just thought I was tryna beat them out some money. This impending lockout/work stoppage the NFL looking at next year, these boys getting shook realizing they can't afford to not play next year because they can't afford their bills.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got podnas in the league(s), the biggest problem these dudes face is upon retirement...they live as if they're still making $______ million a year, when its simply not the case. They can't maintain that lifestyle. Which in reality, they shouldn't have lived as extravagent when the money was flowing. A lot of them are so distrustful, that they turn down solid advice & warning because it comes a guy named Smith & not Rubenstein.

Man, tried to get that through some of my boy's head in the nfl...they just thought I was tryna beat them out some money. This impending lockout/work stoppage the NFL looking at next year, these boys getting shook realizing they can't afford to not play next year because they can't afford their bills.

you cant advise or tell niggas shit when they are in that position cuz they feel like they are the ones making the money so they know whats good :smh:

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you cant advise or tell niggas shit when they are in that position cuz they feel like they are the ones making the money so they know whats good :smh:

:yes:

That boy Donnie got his head on straight, I was chopping it up with him a couple months ago. I hated seeing him burn Anthony Henry ass all game, but I was happy for my lil nigga...then he came out & scorched the Pats. The dude has a nice condo, regular whip, nice leather watch, nice necklace, only rock Polos & jeans, too bad more of these other niggas not simple like him.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:yes:

That boy Donnie got his head on straight, I was chopping it up with him a couple months ago. I hated seeing him burn Anthony Henry ass all game, but I was happy for my lil nigga...then he came out & scorched the Pats. The dude has a nice condo, regular whip, nice leather watch, nice necklace, only rock Polos & jeans, too bad more of these other niggas not simple like him.

He was always a cool cat when I was at UH

Low key ass nigga :yes:

kinglickk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
like my grandma used to say, if u give a dumb dog money, he will buy cheese knowing fully well he can't eat it. She used to say another one but the word monkey is in it so I'm gonna refrain from using that one cuz I might be accused of being racist even tho that aint my intention and I'm big black and ugly as ever so would be no racist intent on my part.

DolphinBoy

Star
Registered
Word fam.

I remember 1 summer I spent with Tyrone Nesby in his hometown. Dude was a local celebrity, buying out the bars, ordering 2 & 3 meals at Applebee's plus desserts and would only have a bite or two.

:eek::smh:

He rolled with a click, and had this lame asian bitch on deck who sucked a lot of cash dry just from the 3 days we were out there.

He even gave me & his nephew $200 off GP when we hit the mall and told us to get whateva.

Dudes mad nice & has a big heart, but I know he must be kicking himself on just how much money he's thrown away on bullshit.

:smh::(:smh:

I met dude through one of my boys who plays in the league a few years ago. Real cool dude. Last I heard of him he was in hot water with the law b/c of child support. My boy told me he owes like 200,000 in child support :smh:

kenbgco68

Rising Star
Registered
NBA players looking as bad as Wall Street wage slaves.

Guess which group is gonna be back on their feet in a few months.

thesenator20904

Star
Registered
I agree; these fools with the over the top lavish lifestyles are what do it.

Also the hangers-on/entourage/groupies/and family who come out of the woodworks like roaches when they get the loot.

bgque12

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So true. When a player enters the NBA there primary focus should be winning the NBA Championship. Not bailing out family members from jail, paying for your sisters education and she is funking out of school, paying mortgages.
If you focus on that goal more money should come. 60 percent of NBA players are playing checkers not chess.

Great quote!

bgque12

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why is it that some of you believe every story posted on the internet :confused:

Dude, I talked to Eddie Jones who went to Temple one summer he was back in town working on his degree and playing summer ball. All he talked about was trying to be like former teammate Sam Bowie and having a bank account like his when he was done playing. You wouldn't believe the number of players living pay check to pay in the NBA! It's a damn shame the way these guys through their money around. When I use to work for NPR, I covered the 76ers and I got pretty cool with Jeff Hornecek and this guy lived in a modest house and drove a honda! Most of the brother's in the league feel as though they have to live up to the hip-hop culture of being a baller instead of doing what's best for them.

I also hung out with Dominique Wilkins after a game and was interviewing him about his achillis tendon tear and then we just started talking about life and he was telling me how his family is mad at him because his wife made him cut everybody off the money train. He was supporting like over 30 relatives!

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I also hung out with Dominique Wilkins after a game and was interviewing him about his achillis tendon tear and then we just started talking about life and he was telling me how his family is mad at him because his wife made him cut everybody off the money train. He was supporting like over 30 relatives!

She told him the right thing to do

Unless those 30 relatives were his children no need to be supporting them :hmm: