49ers

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Yeah Brandon Staley is trash as a head coach
But is decent as a defensive coordinator
He helped the Rams have the #1 defense in the NFL
Although how much of that was b/c they had Aaron Donald wrecking shit?
Since this will be Nick Sorensen's first year as DC with us
I'm assuming they brought in Staley as a backup, just in case dude fucks up

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah Brandon Staley is trash as a head coach
But is decent as a defensive coordinator
He helped the Rams have the #1 defense in the NFL
Although how much of that was b/c they had Aaron Donald wrecking shit?
Since this will be Nick Sorensen's first year as DC with us
I'm assuming they brought in Staley as a backup, just in case dude fucks up

Fellas, It don't matter who they bring in to be our DC or whoever!!..As long as Shanahan is our Head Coach, We ain't winning shit!!... :angry:..He's the fucking problem!!..

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
^^That dude has a big ass head... Back up from the camera guy.

Signing Colton was a good move. You keep some continuity with the line. This also DOES NOT rule our the 49ers drafting a RT they can mold for the future.

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^That dude has a big ass head... Back up from the camera guy.

Signing Colton was a good move. You keep some continuity with the line. This also DOES NOT rule our the 49ers drafting a RT they can mold for the future.
Drafting OT to me isn't a "does not rule out" type of move though. I would say they need to potentially upgrade at RT and prepare for Trent Williams retirement. They've ignored the offensive line too much these past few years and tried to piecemeal their way to a OL (4th and 5th rounds picks, castoffs from other teams, UFL alumns, etc).

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
Drafting OT to me isn't a "does not rule out" type of move though. I would say they need to potentially upgrade at RT and prepare for Trent Williams retirement. They've ignored the offensive line too much these past few years and tried to piecemeal their way to a OL (4th and 5th rounds picks, castoffs from other teams, UFL alumns, etc).
Agreed. You said it much more elegant than I did. I'm thinking they have continuity with the line this year - resign McKivitz, try to resign Feliciano.

Then use the draft to sure up the line for the future. That includes drafting Trent's future replacement, which is a big deal. The draft has a lot of potentially good offensive lineman. I would like to see them grab one in the early rounds.

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
Cowgirls offered Kendricks more money and an extra year. He went where the money is.

But thats why we can't buy into these early reports until the contract is signed. Free agency aint done until they put ink to paper.