49ers Jimmy Garoppolo just got paid like a mofo, highest QB ever !!!

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
OMG !!!
I guess we had to do it

On my cell phone at work right now
Can someone post the details of the contract

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Another case of a team jumping the gun and going all in on a guy who hasn’t proven himself.

has dude even played 10 games?

Nah fam, we had to pay it because this is the current market for QB's now

The Redskins messed up the market for everyone
Kirk Cousins just showed every QB going forward the blueprint to get paid
Now every QB will want at least franchise tag money...or they will just play on the tag like Cousins did

Non running QB's don't really get injured that much, so it's worth the risk for some

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They didn't jump the gun with him. He's legit. That's what qb cost now.

Yeah but he ain't proved shit. I get why they did it. Its just how stupid NFL organizations are. Overvaluing the qb position. You paying this dude so much money....which its fine now since they don't have no talent anyway to pay....but now you gotta be cautious how you spend money knowing in the future you gonna have to pay Deforest Buckner and the rest of their guys.

I don't get it at all. He had a solid 6 game run last year....that shit wouldn't warrant being the highest paid in the league. I'm sorry.

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
People love Jimmy man....I don't get the love affair. I see the potential....I just don't get the love affair.

It's because people have already anointed him the next top tier QB. Looking at him as the next Rodgers/Manning/Brady of the NFL.

And that was BEFORE this season. They were basing it on the 6 quarters he played last year.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Based on him being a 49er, and Carr a Raider ;)

But nah, seriously if you watched the games Jimmy G played, you can tell hes a legit top 10 QB.
Especially the way he beat the Jaguars defense
He plays just like Brady
That's not nearly a large enough sample size. We've seen this shit before. When the league catches up to him and gets more film on him let's see how good he is. Until then he's another over paid cac.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Foles-2-672x840.jpg

so whats this guy gonna get then???

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's because people have already anointed him the next top tier QB. Looking at him as the next Rodgers/Manning/Brady of the NFL.

And that was BEFORE this season. They were basing it on the 6 quarters he played last year.

Its stupid as fuck......but aye....its the 49ers problem not mine. :lol: The blueprint for a lot of teams to have cheap qb play and try and use that money to build around the qb until its time to pay him big money. 49ers are going out about it the whole opposite way. But we will see. They going about it the Matt Stafford way.