21 Year Old Black Kid Algorithm Architect For IG, Snapchat, & Uber

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Props to this young man!! The man behind the success of social media platforms Instagram, Snapchat, and drive share app is Iddris Sandu.

When Iddris Sandu was in high school, he developed a mobile software that would later gain the attention of former U.S. president Barack Obama and land him at the White House, where he received the honorary presidential scholar award.

He was only 16 years old. Now 21, the Los Angeles-based young man is the unconventional tech guru who has accomplished many incredible feats, including being responsible for algorithms that have made Uber, Instagram and Snapchat what they are today.

“I just got super inspired. I thought – this device is going to change the world. The reason why the iPhone was so important was because it was the first time when regular consumers could develop for other regular consumers. Before, you really had to work at a tech company for multiple years to be able to offer any sort of input or to create an app. But Apple made it so mainstream. I knew it was the future,” he said.

Just 10 years old then, Sandu started learning programming on his own for the next two years at a public library and this was where he got spotted by a designer from Google, who offered him an internship opportunity at the company’s headquarters.
https://face2faceafrica.com/article...HsqbSXdojxYfQGeYtiGXtIeOUgseVTaXLQ_VZisebIxAY