2026 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Jimmy G is a free-agent. If Caleb has to miss 8 or more games, do you wanna sign him to back up Bagent or roll with Keenum as #2.
 
Old school, Black and Blue Division football. Either team could have won it. Flores called a great game, but our defense played pretty well. Nice bounce back game for Tyrique Stevenson.

And just my personal feeling - at this point in time, no NFL franchise should field a team without having a stadium with a retractable roof. With the multiple billions these asshole owners are raking in, and with all the money they require fans to pay to see games live, it's the least they can do. I still can't believe that crap they built in Buffalo, and that it's an open-air stadium.
I think the weather is an element that makes the game what it is, but the field should be a premier surface used only for football, and if a franchise can’t guarantee that, they need to install the most modern fieldturf available. Of course, that’s predicated on having control of the stadium, which the Chicago Bears have never had, and the city of Chicago is a joke for continuing to allow them to play on a suboptimal surface.
 
What the hell has happened to our all-world tight end? I've rarely heard his name all season. One pass reception in two games?
 
  • Sad
Reactions: DJ
What the hell has happened to our all-world tight end? I've rarely heard his name all season. One pass reception in two games?
Seems like teams are keying in on him because they trust their DBs to contain Rome and Luther.
 
I think the weather is an element that makes the game what it is, but the field should be a premier surface used only for football, and if a franchise can’t guarantee that, they need to install the most modern fieldturf available. Of course, that’s predicated on having control of the stadium, which the Chicago Bears have never had, and the city of Chicago is a joke for continuing to allow them to play on a suboptimal surface.

Im with this 100 !!!
Im not justifying the loss, it is what is is.
Do i believe we are far more healthy team if we play on an optimal field, ab-so-fuckin-lutely !!!
The field has been trash since i was a kid.
Theres a reason why bookies and gambling sites are in busisiness.
 
If correct, this is a best-case scenario.


This would be really encouraging if it turns out this way. I only hope it won't hamper his overall quickness. His speed and escapability is an incredible weapon.

Side note: It was so cool to see Johnny Morris at the game. Dude looks great for 90 years old. I was more of a Mark Giangreco/Channel 5 guy when I was back home, but it was great to see him again.
 
Week 2 post-mortem

Spent half of yesterday afternoon in a cloud and pit in my stomach feeling I hadn’t felt since 4/28/12. Glad this doesn’t appear to be that. Still was a sick feeling.

Well, you have to take good with the bad, and Lord knows there was a lot of bad. Penalties, turnovers, drops….the injury to #18 (and Stevenson also tweaked a hammy after making a great stick) and what’s crazy, the game was winnable up to the last snap.

The good

- Solid games from Stevenson, Muhammad, Thieneman and Edwards. Even though the front four were nowhere to be found, this game was winnable. Yeah, it was Carson Wentz, but Wentz will always be a SB winning QB who was legit in the season his team won until he got hurt.

- Kalif Raymond was solid, catching the ball in and on special teams.

The bad

- Sam Roush. Dude had one of the worst individual games I’ve seen since Velus Jones left town. Dude needs to get his head out his ass quick.

- Braxton Jones. Buddy was awful. Theo Benedet, fuck it, ride with him until Trapilo is ready, then send Jones’ to waivers.

- The offense. The sloppy track did it no favors. The drops did it no favors. The fumble at the one did it no favors. Regardless of all of that, 3 points, even when it probably should’ve been 10-20, ain’t gonna cut it.

- The field. Look to be in peak mid- October shape. Just ridiculous, and if you follow the history of Solider Field, do know it doesn’t gets better as the season moves along.

Overall, I suppose the only positive you can take away are the hamstring is not season ending, and that maybe an early season loss is a wake up call.

Lastly, it’s fucking personal with Aaron Jones, last six games against the Bears, he’s rushed for > 100 years in three of them, with 86 and 70 yards in two others. Yeesh.

Bagent-time! I’m hoping he can keep it together, snag us at least a win or two, and reset his free agent market value for next off-season and make himself some big money. Bear Down!
 


.. at the very end of this interview, Ben had a pretty deadpan but scathing response about the blocked field goal and the lack of execution without naming names
 
  • Like
Reactions: cnc

This shit annoys the hell out of me. I can listen to crap like this (to a point) where baseball and basketball is concerned, but not football!! Fuck anybody making judgements about how someone reacts to an injury. Nobody knows what's truly going on with someone else's body. This game, as much as we love it, destroys these guys. It broke my heart, for example, to hear about and see Roger Craig's condition at the Hall of Fame ceremony in August. I just saw a documentary on Tony Dorsett that was damn near two hours long. And though they intentionally avoided the topic, you can clearly see the effects brain damage is having on him and the struggles he's constantly dealing with. Guys really need to give that "machismo" shit a rest where injuries are concerned.
 
Fournette said about Acho... I'm sick of this nigga... Lol

This shit about Caleb being soft is ridiculous, dude was sacked 68 times his rookie year and didn't miss a game but yet some of these clowns calling him soft.. It's a disgrace!

 
I think the staff did him a disservice by acting like he was week to week

at least it looks like Begent will be available. I think they should still start Keenum though.
 
Back
Top