2 Cleveland News Anchors Fired for "Political Activity," Blame Jay-z

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Two Channel 5 Anchors Fired for 'Political Activity' (Waiting in Line for Jay Z Tix)

via

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and...itical-activity-waiting-in-line-for-jay-z-tix

TV industry news and gossip site FT Liveis reporting that WEWS morning news anchor Jackie Fernandez and weather anchor Somara Theodore were fired after posting to their social media accounts that they were standing in line to get free Jay Z tickets on company time. The Jay Z concert was in support of Hillary Clinton.

jackiefernandez.jpg

WEWS Channel 5 has already removed Fernandez's and Theodore's bios from their staff page.

"Insiders" told FT Live that both women were popular with viewers, but that Scripps, Channel 5's parent company, "had no choice" but to let them go, especially after they'd sent out a memo advising staffers not to participate in political activities before the election.

Somara Theodore, incidentally, was featured in Scene's 2016 People Issue.

• Twitter: @SomaraTheodore

Neither WEWS general manager Steve Weinstein nor news director Jeff Harris were immediately available by phone for comment. Harris did issue a statement to Cleveland.com, saying, "We don't discuss internal employee matters. However, News 5 holds all of its journalists to the highest ethical standards. It is important to the reputation of our station and to Scripps, our parent company, that our news coverage is fair and unbiased. Those crucial qualities have been emphasized repeatedly during this contentious election season.

"We remind our journalists frequently to avoid even the appearance of support for any sides of this election. It is imperative that we maintain objectivity in the work we do to serve our communities in NE Ohio.

more pics

jackie fernandez

GMC_CLE_MAG_1_0_28902127_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

with rapper Stalley and interestingly enough someone I know

jackie-fernandezjpg-aa3eb779802ded69.jpg

14553149_301627633555606_3666360452402642944_n.jpg

14482772_1103537463032684_7318252684698451968_n.jpg

Somara

black-enterprise-somara-theodore-body-piece.png

LL

LL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cprpw_CXgAAIwdO.jpg

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I gotta job for both of'em.

All they had to do was get the tickets, go to the concert, go the fuck home, and keep that shit to themselves as their secret.

Seriously, a looooot of people wouldn't have made it out if the 80's and the 90's if we had the social media culture we have now back then.

How many people skipped school to go buy some Jordan's. And how many fools would have posted it.

Last edited:

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

All they had to do was get the tickets, go to the concert, go the fuck home, and keep that shit to themselves as their secret.

Seriously, a looooot of people would't made it out if the 80's and the 90's if we had the social media culture we have now back then.

How many people skipped school to go buy some Jordan's. And how many fools would have posted it.

#true

social media is the downfall of a lot of ppl, haha

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Seriously, a looooot of people would't have made it out if the 80's and the 90's if we had the social media culture we have now back then.

LOL,

man if they had that shit in the eighties... it wouldve been
a fuckin disaster,

folks wouldve been recording themselves at the weed spot and shit, takin selfies with the dealers..

dudes wouldve been filmin themselves runnin trains on a chick an that chicks life wouldve been ruined..

back then it wasnt just the low self esteem chicks runnin trains.. chicks that just liked being around a lot of dudes

was just bout dat life.. I know of two neighborhood sluts,

that are doing very well for themselves now... that wouldnt have been the case if they were teen agers now and on snap chat..

it wouldve been a messs.

Reactions: fu2

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Hopefully these stupid bitches end up on hard times. When they do, I'll be waiting to stick my dick in them :fucking:

NyGvv9.jpg

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Dumb asses. :smh: She was nice eye candy in the mornings when the TVs on at the gym. More air time for Janessa I suppose.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
People these days feel they gotta post EVERYTHING on social media.

Some idiots even posting their dirt :smh:

Attention whoring at an all time high

One of my professors used to be a probation officer, and he said every morning he'd hit up FB to see who he was going to drug test that day, because cats used to post themselves smoking weed.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol... I can't put my brain in neutral and play with you this morning Lil fella...maybe later though...:giggle:
Carry on.

ok I will carry on....

these are YOUR words...

Famous1 said:
"Those hoes didn't really blame jay-z. ....that's click bait to make sure negros read the story. ...duh."

define negro.....

I want to see what you consider yourself.....