10 Best Arms In Nfl History

TB1996

Star
Registered
Ok, lets critique this by arm strength, ability to throw the deep ball, and finally, aesthetics ( did he throw a PRETTY ball, tight spiral, pretty projectory, etc.) note, there were good arms pre 1970, but the nfl was more of a running league, thus, most quarterbacks of the era before that time couldnt showcase their arms that much. Im leaving off quarterbacks who dont have 5 years experience, cutler, russell, etc.

MY FIVE:

1. DOUG WILLIAMS- threw with a HARD tight spiral, threw the prettiest deep balls in nfl history.
2. JEFF GEORGE- go ahead and laugh, put aside the way people feel about george, dude had a gun with a pretty spiral and throwing motion.
3. STEVE BARTKOWSKI- threw one of the deepest and pretty long balls. highly underated because he played on the falcons.
4. JOHN ELWAY - pretty, tight spiral, deep long ball.
5. BRETT FAVRE- one of the hardest balls ever, can go deep.
6. BYRON LEFTWICH- another quarterback who is overshadowed by stuff that has nothing to do with his arm. a pretty, tight spiral and he can go deep. one of the hardest throws in football right now.
7. RANDALL CUNNINGHAM- his deep ball puts him on any list.
8. MICHAEL VICK - hate all you want, probably STILL got the hardest ball in the league, with a pretty tight spiral. just not consistant because of fundamentals.
9. DAUNTE CULPEPPER - nice deep ball.
10. DAN MARINO - nice deep ball, pretty throws.

honorable mention -

warren moon - nice arm. didnt particularly shine in any one arm category.
vince ferragamo- los angeles rams quarterback early 80s. had a nice deep ball.
terry bradshaw - nice deep ball.
ron jaworski - pretty deep balls.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P_wdZwqByF0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P_wdZwqByF0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

clarkkent

Potential Star
Registered
Dan Marino should be rated higher on the list,Michael Vick has the strongest arm I've ever seen with jeff george a close second

4ce of n8ur

Star
Registered
Dan Marino should be rated higher on the list,Michael Vick has the strongest arm I've ever seen with jeff george a close second

mike vick does have a fucking cannon. niggas hate but he has the best set of physical skills ever at the QB position.

datruth

Support BGOL
Registered
vick is going to fuck some teams up this year too, not my cowboys, but other teams , his arm is under-rated in my opinion and is rightfully placed on this list, vick never , I repeat never had decent receivers, except Alge Crumpler, that changes a little this year.

Rezn8

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some pure power arms from the past that come to mind are:

Darryl Lamonica
Bert Jones
Sonny Jergensen
John Elway
Steve Bartkowski
Bobby Douglass
Greg Cook
James Harris
Joe Namath

chops

Doctor of Medicine. Ringside Physician.
BGOL Investor
rex_grossman_0001.jpg

TB1996

Star
Registered
Some pure power arms from the past that come to mind are:

Darryl Lamonica
Bert Jones
Sonny Jergensen
John Elway
Steve Bartkowski
Bobby Douglass
Greg Cook
James Harris
Joe Namath

i was trying to remember harris name, old los angeles rams quarterback.

BlackBoyBen

Star
Registered
WERD

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:hmm:Im glad sexy rexy is finally out of chi

top QB Arms
Dan Marino
Warren Moon
Dan Fouts
Roger Staubach
Johnny Unitas
Otto Graham
Peyton Manning
Joe Montana
Terry Bradshaw
Doug Williams
John Elway

i think montana is the best qb of all time, but he shouldn't be on a "best arm" list

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How dare you guys not Tebow on this list. He's not in the pro's but the way ESPN talks about him he'd top all these guys.

MonkeyBizness

Man of the People
Registered
While he was in the league, Aaron Brooks of the NO Saints had the prettiest spiral in the game. The joint was laser-like. Too bad he turned out to be a bum.

Vinny Testaverde had a cannon too.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
My QB Carson Palmer should be on the list... He got a deep ball with stupid good accuracy :yes:

An yes Vick does have a CANNON CANNON :lol:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
RANDALL CUNNINGHAM had a canon, I remember he used to destroy the comp in long throw toss competitions!

DV8ed

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is this list supposed to be of QBs with cannons for arms or who threw the prettiest & most accurate deep passes. There is a difference.

On arm strength alone (and in no order):

Randall Cunningham
John Elway
Dan Marino
Mike Vick
Warren Moon
Jamarcus Russell
Steve McNair
Kordell Stewart

Best passer
Warren Moon all day everyday!

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Agree with alot of dudes on this list but we are leaving out

Jeff Blake.

He had the prettiest deep balls...i don't think i've ever seen him throw a duck...Balls never wobbled...Pretty throws man...fluid motion.

Y'all know ya leavin off Donovan Too....Donovan can throw them bullets dude. He's a strong chucker they say he can bruise the chest of recievers in full pads.

Rembrandt

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
honestly, you can talk arm strength but accuracy is a part of the arm. being able to actually control where the ball goes. Your list is wack.

Elway and Marino would be at the top because of strength and accuracy. Peyton would make the bottom because he doesn't have the strongest but he is incredibly accurate. Warren Moon would be number 3 probably because he had a good combination. Daunte has a cannon and Russell dort of does but I have yet to see him do anything with it ina game so it's worthless. Randall had a good deep pass and was relatively accurate probably my favorite QB of all time just personally.

datruth

Support BGOL
Registered
Vick is getting ten to fifteen plays a game, mark my words, and Im a cowboys fan. You don't sigh a weapon at qb like that to have him ride pine

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Troy Aikman is known for his accuracy not for his arm strengthA
Now if you make a list about accurate passers then you put him in the top 5..his shit was on the dime