“Joe pointed to the timekeeper and said ‘Time in,’”

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
“Joe pointed to the timekeeper and said ‘Time in,’” Kizer said. “At that point, the fight is back on and they’re free to punch each other. Joe had them separated, but Victor went to hug him four separate times. But the referee said ‘Time in’ and Floyd Mayweather threw a perfectly legal punch. I have no idea why Victor kept trying to hug him or embrace him. I guess he was feeling guilty because of the head butt, but hey, you’re in a fight. Fight and then feel guilty later.”

Wow, that was some ending. PBF was a cheap shot on first appearance. Probably still is after a few more. But it was legal and will be a punch I will laugh about for the longest time. PBF looked awesome for the first time in a long time. It was an interesting fight. During the match Ortiz was not fazed at all from PBF's power. But as usuall PBF was barely getting touched. I was a little frustrated cause you could see it was another easy match up for PBF. All I was thinking the entire fight was. Since Manny is not a mtchup that will happen. His next best fight is against Canelo. That is a easy fight, but at least one with a certain degree of risk.

Canelo was kind of exposed that fight as a a fighter that could be limited by their opponent in the ring. PBF could easily outbox him an pretty much stay out of harms way as he usually does. The only issue would be could he deal with some of the hard shots he would get.

Erik, Erik, Erik.... Yes it was a softball being tossed at him. But he did a great job. That is my dude. It was awesome seeing his hands raised as the victor.

Larry. LMAO, he is such a little bitch. And I'm not talking about the PBF incident. I am talking about how all through Erik's fight he was talking shit about it being for a title. And when he was interviewing Erik. He acted like the title fight issue was from other people, but not him.

Back on PBF. He looked great. The punch looks to be legal. Ortiz was green as fuck and not up to the challenge. PBF is a funny dude and his knockout was a sucker punch. But that happens when you fight people not in your league. You get opportunities from them that better fighters wouldn't give you.

I think they will have a rematch. Cause it is an easy fight for PBF. Or maybe he will fight Berto. I don't know. l like to see him face Manny or Sergio. But I would also like to have $25 million in my saving account too.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
A remtach would be wack nobody will pay $70 for this bullshit again Khan or Pac Floyd....:smh::angry:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
I don't think Khan is ready for PBF. I think it is Manny, Sergio, or Bust. Who do you think PBF is going to fight. Lol, I saw PBF in an interview talking about cleaning up the sport. LOL, I really think he believes it not that he said it enough. I wonder how many fights on that Mayweather Promotion cards last night had the fighters take "the test." I just got to laugh. But PBF looked awesome. It reminded me of when he fought Brussels and Gatti. I like watching him when he knows that the fighter has no chance in hell causing him problems. It is fun to watch him then.

PS

One last thing. I really thought joe was bring both fighters to the middle to give them a quick lecture. He turned to the judges and "bam." I don't remember him telling them to fight nor was Joe's head in the match. Funny ending. I swear it was classless as hell, but so freaking funny.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
I don't think Khan is ready for PBF. I think it is Manny, Sergio, or Bust. Who do you think PBF is going to fight. Lol, I saw PBF in an interview talking about cleaning up the sport. LOL, I really think he believes it not that he said it enough. I wonder how many fights on that Mayweather Promotion cards last night had the fighters take "the test." I just got to laugh. But PBF looked awesome. It reminded me of when he fought Brussels and Gatti. I like watching him when he knows that the fighter has no chance in hell causing him problems. It is fun to watch him then.

PS

One last thing. I really thought joe was bring both fighters to the middle to give them a quick lecture. He turned to the judges and "bam." I don't remember him telling them to fight nor was Joe's head in the match. Funny ending. I swear it was classless as hell, but so freaking funny.

Khan can make 147 & the fact he is close to Pac & Roach it would be a good choice....& Khan is the star of his division & has international star power I doubt he will turn down a fight with May....

I wouldn't say it was classless...Ortiz said sorry embraced him May embraced him back....now back to the fight...what is May suppose to do wait for the right time to start fighting?...Ortiz could have done the same thing....you have to always protect yourself....

May is not looking to fight Martinez that fight won't happen his best bet right now IMO is Khan or Pac....Sergio is going to be the most avoided fighter :smh:

PBF needs to slow down before his head explodes with "I am Boxing" talk....the sport will be here after your gone bruh....

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
“Joe pointed to the timekeeper and said ‘Time in,’” Kizer said. “At that point, the fight is back on and they’re free to punch each other. Joe had them separated, but Victor went to hug him four separate times. But the referee said ‘Time in’ and Floyd Mayweather threw a perfectly legal punch. I have no idea why Victor kept trying to hug him or embrace him. I guess he was feeling guilty because of the head butt, but hey, you’re in a fight. Fight and then feel guilty later.”

Wow, that was some ending. PBF was a cheap shot on first appearance. Probably still is after a few more. But it was legal and will be a punch I will laugh about for the longest time. PBF looked awesome for the first time in a long time. It was an interesting fight. During the match Ortiz was not fazed at all from PBF's power. But as usuall PBF was barely getting touched. I was a little frustrated cause you could see it was another easy match up for PBF. All I was thinking the entire fight was. Since Manny is not a mtchup that will happen. His next best fight is against Canelo. That is a easy fight, but at least one with a certain degree of risk.

Canelo was kind of exposed that fight as a a fighter that could be limited by their opponent in the ring. PBF could easily outbox him an pretty much stay out of harms way as he usually does. The only issue would be could he deal with some of the hard shots he would get.

Erik, Erik, Erik.... Yes it was a softball being tossed at him. But he did a great job. That is my dude. It was awesome seeing his hands raised as the victor.

Larry. LMAO, he is such a little bitch. And I'm not talking about the PBF incident. I am talking about how all through Erik's fight he was talking shit about it being for a title. And when he was interviewing Erik. He acted like the title fight issue was from other people, but not him.

Back on PBF. He looked great. The punch looks to be legal. Ortiz was green as fuck and not up to the challenge. PBF is a funny dude and his knockout was a sucker punch. But that happens when you fight people not in your league. You get opportunities from them that better fighters wouldn't give you.

I think they will have a rematch. Cause it is an easy fight for PBF. Or maybe he will fight Berto. I don't know. l like to see him face Manny or Sergio. But I would also like to have $25 million in my saving account too.

No. Berto hasn't done anything to earn the fight so he won't get it.
There will be no rematch because it won't sell.
But since he lost to Mayweather, Victor might get a fight with Manny Pacquiao.

Now the guy who deserves a rematch is Alphonso Gomez. What the fuck kind of stoppage was that?

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Khan can make 147 & the fact he is close to Pac & Roach it would be a good choice....& Khan is the star of his division & has international star power I doubt he will turn down a fight with May....

I wouldn't say it was classless...Ortiz said sorry embraced him May embraced him back....now back to the fight...what is May suppose to do wait for the right time to start fighting?...Ortiz could have done the same thing....you have to always protect yourself....

May is not looking to fight Martinez that fight won't happen his best bet right now IMO is Khan or Pac....Sergio is going to be the most avoided fighter :smh:

PBF needs to slow down before his head explodes with "I am Boxing" talk....the sport will be here after your gone bruh....

It will but right now, he's THE MAN like Jordan was for the NBA. Manny is close but we'll have to see his numbers with JMM to determine how close.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

Now the guy who deserves a rematch is Alphonso Gomez. What the fuck kind of stoppage was that?

The way you feel about berto is how I feel about ortiz. It was just another mayweather/gbp lamb to the slaughter fight.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Berto was the man up next if he had beaten Ortiz and really I think Berto would have done a better job. Neither guy deserved a shot but anyone holding that belt at the time would have been in that fight,

I agree about Gomez. He was trying to make a name for himself and he was winning.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ortiz has only himself to blame

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/169216-ortiz-only-has-himself-to-blame

LAS VEGAS – The words of wisdom reverberated across the MGM Grand Garden Arena after the crazy ending to the Floyd Mayweather Jr.- Victor Ortiz fight Saturday night.

“PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES.”

Indeed. Victor Ortiz, new to mega-fights and in over his head, was brutally knocked out with one second remaining in the fourth round because he let his guard down in a moment of confusion and stupidity. For that he can only blame himself.

On top of that, he had purposely head butted Mayweather only moments earlier. It was an ugly moment, although one that probably can be attributed to a frustrated kid losing his head.

Again, though, he must take responsibility for his actions.

Ortiz clearly wasn’t prepared to fight at the moment he was taken out and Mayweather knew it. The two were about to embrace to signal the end of the rough play -- or so it seemed -- when Mayweather, not interested whatsoever in niceties, landed a short left.

Ortiz then looked at referee Joe Cortez, at which time Mayweather landed a right-handed bomb that put Ortiz on his back and ended the fight.

Mayweather can argue that he had a right to be angry after Ortiz's head collided with Mayweather's mouth, which is true even if Ortiz apologized by embracing and then kissing him on the cheek. Apologies don't compensate for a badly cut lip.

He can also argue that Cortez ordered the fighters to box, which Cortez later confirmed. He’s right again. The punches were legal. I believe he violated the spirit of sportsmanship; he tricked Ortiz into believing they were going to embrace and then smacked him.

However, Ortiz forfeited the right to be treated in a sportsmanlike manner by his actions. He can’t fight dirty one moment and then complain that his opponent did something dirty a moment later. It’s too late at that point.

“We came together. We touched (gloves). It’s fight time,” Mayweather said afterward, referring to the moments before the knockout.

The saving grace here is that the bizarre ending only prolonged the inevitable.

Mayweather (42-0, 26 knockouts) was in the process of breaking down Ortiz (29-3-2, 22 KOs) anyway, firing hard right hand after hard right hand and avoiding almost all of Ortiz’s punches. The younger man, no where near Mayweather's class, clearly was baffled.

That was Ortiz’s mind set when he momentarily trapped Mayweather in a corner, unloaded a flurry of punches and, in a shocking moment, then jumped in with his head in an obvious attempt to make contact.

Doesn’t get much dirtier than that.

Ortiz, immediately remorseful, apologized by embracing and then kissing Mayweather on the cheek in the same corner. Then, as the action resumed, Mayweather landed the short left when Ortiz let his guard down. Ortiz looked at Cortez, apparently confused about whether the ref had ordered the fight to continue, at which point … BOOM! The right instantly ended the night.

Ortiz couldn't say much afterward. He apologized publicly for the head butt and didn't place blame on Mayweather, although he did use the word "unfair" to describe the ending. He said he never heard Cortez say "box" to signal the fight had resumed. Thus, he was taken by surprise.

"There was a miscommunication with the ref and he blindsided me," Ortiz said. "... He threw the left and the right and that was it. I have to protect myself at all times. Nobody is perfect. This is a learning experience."

This was a significant step backward for Ortiz, who was coming off a sensational victory over Andre Berto that gave him the WBC welterweight title he then lost on Saturday.

Ortiz was accused of quitting against Marcos Maidana in 2009, after which many observers questioned his mental toughness and his commitment to the sport. He gradually rebuilt his reputation, culminating in the hard-fought victory over Berto.

Then this. The head butt was so outrageous -- he cracked under pressure -- that we must question his mental toughness again.

Mayweather?

He looked fabulous for almost four full rounds, as good as he has ever looked. His speed, his defensive skills, his accurate punches, his underrated fighting spirit. It was all there. In my opinion, he remains the best fighter in the world at 34.

I don’t like what he did in the end. He could’ve stopped Ortiz without stooping to trickery.

He's not really the bad guy this time, though. He had a legitimate reason to be irate after what Ortiz did. Anyone one of us might’ve done exactly the same thing under those circumstances. And, again, he probably would’ve knocked out Ortiz anyway.

It was a bad night for Ortiz, a good night for Mayweather and a strange night for everyone else.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Ortiz has only himself to blame

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/169216-ortiz-only-has-himself-to-blame

LAS VEGAS – The words of wisdom reverberated across the MGM Grand Garden Arena after the crazy ending to the Floyd Mayweather Jr.- Victor Ortiz fight Saturday night.

“PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES.”

Indeed. Victor Ortiz, new to mega-fights and in over his head, was brutally knocked out with one second remaining in the fourth round because he let his guard down in a moment of confusion and stupidity. For that he can only blame himself.

On top of that, he had purposely head butted Mayweather only moments earlier. It was an ugly moment, although one that probably can be attributed to a frustrated kid losing his head.

Again, though, he must take responsibility for his actions.

Ortiz clearly wasn’t prepared to fight at the moment he was taken out and Mayweather knew it. The two were about to embrace to signal the end of the rough play -- or so it seemed -- when Mayweather, not interested whatsoever in niceties, landed a short left.

Ortiz then looked at referee Joe Cortez, at which time Mayweather landed a right-handed bomb that put Ortiz on his back and ended the fight.

Mayweather can argue that he had a right to be angry after Ortiz's head collided with Mayweather's mouth, which is true even if Ortiz apologized by embracing and then kissing him on the cheek. Apologies don't compensate for a badly cut lip.

He can also argue that Cortez ordered the fighters to box, which Cortez later confirmed. He’s right again. The punches were legal. I believe he violated the spirit of sportsmanship; he tricked Ortiz into believing they were going to embrace and then smacked him.

However, Ortiz forfeited the right to be treated in a sportsmanlike manner by his actions. He can’t fight dirty one moment and then complain that his opponent did something dirty a moment later. It’s too late at that point.

“We came together. We touched (gloves). It’s fight time,” Mayweather said afterward, referring to the moments before the knockout.

The saving grace here is that the bizarre ending only prolonged the inevitable.

Mayweather (42-0, 26 knockouts) was in the process of breaking down Ortiz (29-3-2, 22 KOs) anyway, firing hard right hand after hard right hand and avoiding almost all of Ortiz’s punches. The younger man, no where near Mayweather's class, clearly was baffled.

That was Ortiz’s mind set when he momentarily trapped Mayweather in a corner, unloaded a flurry of punches and, in a shocking moment, then jumped in with his head in an obvious attempt to make contact.

Doesn’t get much dirtier than that.

Ortiz, immediately remorseful, apologized by embracing and then kissing Mayweather on the cheek in the same corner. Then, as the action resumed, Mayweather landed the short left when Ortiz let his guard down. Ortiz looked at Cortez, apparently confused about whether the ref had ordered the fight to continue, at which point … BOOM! The right instantly ended the night.

Ortiz couldn't say much afterward. He apologized publicly for the head butt and didn't place blame on Mayweather, although he did use the word "unfair" to describe the ending. He said he never heard Cortez say "box" to signal the fight had resumed. Thus, he was taken by surprise.

"There was a miscommunication with the ref and he blindsided me," Ortiz said. "... He threw the left and the right and that was it. I have to protect myself at all times. Nobody is perfect. This is a learning experience."

This was a significant step backward for Ortiz, who was coming off a sensational victory over Andre Berto that gave him the WBC welterweight title he then lost on Saturday.

Ortiz was accused of quitting against Marcos Maidana in 2009, after which many observers questioned his mental toughness and his commitment to the sport. He gradually rebuilt his reputation, culminating in the hard-fought victory over Berto.

Then this. The head butt was so outrageous -- he cracked under pressure -- that we must question his mental toughness again.

Mayweather?

He looked fabulous for almost four full rounds, as good as he has ever looked. His speed, his defensive skills, his accurate punches, his underrated fighting spirit. It was all there. In my opinion, he remains the best fighter in the world at 34.

I don’t like what he did in the end. He could’ve stopped Ortiz without stooping to trickery.

He's not really the bad guy this time, though. He had a legitimate reason to be irate after what Ortiz did. Anyone one of us might’ve done exactly the same thing under those circumstances. And, again, he probably would’ve knocked out Ortiz anyway.

It was a bad night for Ortiz, a good night for Mayweather and a strange night for everyone else.

I agree with everything he said.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
The way you feel about berto is how I feel about ortiz. It was just another mayweather/gbp lamb to the slaughter fight.

The difference is Ortiz won a significant fight to get a Mayweather payday. I know Pacquiao/Top Rank doesn't operate like that so he might fight Ortiz or Berto.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
The difference is Ortiz won a significant fight to get a Mayweather payday. I know Pacquiao/Top Rank doesn't operate like that so he might fight Ortiz or Berto.

Ortiz was a few fights from quitting. In the fight he won he was knocked down repeatedly and showed so many flaws it was crazy. Now those flaws did give us an opportunity to watch pbf be offensive. but dude never deserved to be in the ring with him and it showed. mismatches like that are the norm but damn. at some point he needs to take a challenge. cause beating 41 opponents that he should beat just seems like a waste of time for most fans. you can't deny the skill. but you like to see him tested at some point.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Ortiz was a few fights from quitting. In the fight he won he was knocked down repeatedly and showed so many flaws it was crazy. Now those flaws did give us an opportunity to watch pbf be offensive. but dude never deserved to be in the ring with him and it showed. mismatches like that are the norm but damn. at some point he needs to take a challenge. cause beating 41 opponents that he should beat just seems like a waste of time for most fans. you can't deny the skill. but you like to see him tested at some point.

Nonsense. Ortiz, while mismatched, deserved to be there because he won significant fights, no different than what happens in UFC with Anderson Silva. Win fights and titles, get big money fights.
Going by your logic, Mayweather should never fight because he would be favored against every opponent, including Manny Pacquiao.
Skill wise and experience wise, Ortiz was overmatched but he was the exact type of fighter people said Mayweather wouldn't fight: bigger, much younger, southpaw, big puncher, not just a legit welterweight but an unofficial jr middleweight. Mayweather faced him and dominated him.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Nonsense. Ortiz, while mismatched, deserved to be there because he won significant fights, no different than what happens in UFC with Anderson Silva. Win fights and titles, get big money fights.
Going by your logic, Mayweather should never fight because he would be favored against every opponent, including Manny Pacquiao.
Skill wise and experience wise, Ortiz was overmatched but he was the exact type of fighter people said Mayweather wouldn't fight: bigger, much younger, southpaw, big puncher, not just a legit welterweight but an unofficial jr middleweight. Mayweather faced him and dominated him.

If you think Ortiz was ready for PBF and deserved it after 1 fight. Then how do you explain all the other welterweight champs that had numerous defenses that never got a shot a PBF? And how does this make sense?"Skill wise and experience wise, Ortiz was overmatched but he was the exact type of fighter people said Mayweather wouldn't fight: bigger, much younger, southpaw, big puncher, not just a legit welterweight but an unofficial jr middleweight. Mayweather faced him and dominated him." Dude's only chance was a lucky punch or PBF came into the ring rusty and old. Nobody is talking about the size. People are talking about fighting people in their prime.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
If you think Ortiz was ready for PBF and deserved it after 1 fight. Then how do you explain all the other welterweight champs that had numerous defenses that never got a shot a PBF? And how does this make sense?"Skill wise and experience wise, Ortiz was overmatched but he was the exact type of fighter people said Mayweather wouldn't fight: bigger, much younger, southpaw, big puncher, not just a legit welterweight but an unofficial jr middleweight. Mayweather faced him and dominated him." Dude's only chance was a lucky punch or PBF came into the ring rusty and old. Nobody is talking about the size. People are talking about fighting people in their prime.

How doesn't it make sense? Floyd is the most highly skilled guy in boxing today and he has years of big fight experience compared to Ortiz but he's still the older, smaller fighter.
Those are exactly the only ways Ortiz could win and EVERYBODY said that when it was announced but he was still the top welterweight in the world and deserved a chance to fight on a big stage. Once the bell rings, anything can happen.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
When are people going to accept that any Floyd fight is going to be a mismatch... he has superior skills and there isn't a fighter that can compete. It will take a lucky shot to beat him and only watch his fights to see his skills. I don't even debate whether he will win and Ortiz flaws or not, isn't a bum in the skills department... just bitch made.

I still think the Martinez fight is a bad match up because Martinez is a middle weight and Floyd isn't built for super welter in my opinion, but if that happened. Martinez with his hands low and all that silly slick shit he does with boxers that just square up and bam... he would lose and it would be called a mismatch of his skill set.

Pac has already been called a mismatch cause of his size.

Shane was the guy and he was too old.

Ortiz is too young...lol

Floyd is almost flawless in the way he fights and there is no other comp.

merce77

Star
Registered
How doesn't it make sense? Floyd is the most highly skilled guy in boxing today and he has years of big fight experience compared to Ortiz but he's still the older, smaller fighter.
Those are exactly the only ways Ortiz could win and EVERYBODY said that when it was announced but he was still the top welterweight in the world and deserved a chance to fight on a big stage. Once the bell rings, anything can happen.

I don't understand how niccas could bitch about a young hungry dude actually EARNING his title shot, instead of being GIVEN shots like Clottey, Margarito and Mosley were.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Yo... you guys are funny. This dude cried about Floyd not fighting Margarito's old bummy ass and is complaining about Ortiz. He is also doing this after supporting Pac vs Margarito and you are trying to talk logically to dude...lol.

I know its fun, but dude is only entertainment at this point... I'm sure you know that though. Carry on...

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I don't understand how niccas could bitch about a young hungry dude actually EARNING his title shot, instead of being GIVEN shots like Clottey, Margarito and Mosley were.

You know god damn well... Floyd should have been fighting Margarito instead... real comp that Floyd duck and has proven his worth.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Exactly. They were mismatched but they were given shots though all of them were coming off major losses (with one minor victory thrown in between the three of them). Ortiz won and was the defending champion. Give Vic credit for defending his title against a guy who was so much more advanced than he was. He could have found an out (*cough*Tim Bradley, Amir Khan on the phone again) but he didn't.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Yo... you guys are funny. This dude cried about Floyd not fighting Margarito's old bummy ass and is complaining about Ortiz. He is also doing this after supporting Pac vs Margarito and you are trying to talk logically to dude...lol.

I know its fun, but dude is only entertainment at this point... I'm sure you know that though. Carry on...

Then why are you trying to fuck it up for us?

Hater.

:D

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

You are missing my point. I am happy any time a boxer can get a payday. That is how they eat. I just am saying dude never had what it took to beat pbf. Like I said from day 1. Ortiz will always be that guy that quit. Now he is that guy that guy that quit, head butted pbf and got suckered punched. His career is like a high paying joke to me now. His berto win is nothing compared to his missteps.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

You are missing my point. I am happy any time a boxer can get a payday. That is how they eat. I just am saying dude never had what it took to beat pbf. Like I said from day 1. Ortiz will always be that guy that quit. Now he is that guy that guy that quit, head butted pbf and got suckered punched. His career is like a high paying joke to me now. His berto win is nothing compared to his missteps.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Cause you guys are just gay about PBF. Floyd could have fought Marg and Cotto when they were top ten fighters. But it never happened. But he fights Ortiz and that makes sense to yall. That's funny.

fam the man is technically a master boxer yes he could move up & fight slow ass Marg or slow battle worn Cotto to prove what...:smh:

the problem is you critics are never satisfied....he fights Ortiz all I hear is crying...if he fought Cotto or Marg do you think he would lose more than 3 rds :lol:

he is right now more skilled than those guys...give the man some credit....he beat a bigger younger fighter who game off the fight of the year performance...

still not good enough for you cats...but if Pac fights Ortiz next they talk about his greatness :lol:...the media's hate is disgusting....

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
fam the man is technically a master boxer yes he could move up & fight slow ass Marg or slow battle worn Cotto to prove what...:smh:

the problem is you critics are never satisfied....he fights Ortiz all I hear is crying...if he fought Cotto or Marg do you think he would lose more than 3 rds :lol:

he is right now more skilled than those guys...give the man some credit....he beat a bigger younger fighter who game off the fight of the year performance...

still not good enough for you cats...but if Pac fights Ortiz next they talk about his greatness :lol:...the media's hate is disgusting....

fights of the year are sometimes great match making aka all 3 of gatti's FOTY. Look I said he looked awesome. I never said he would lose to Cotto or Antonio, back in the day. I just mention them cause the were ranked in the top ten pound for pound list when he could have fought them. Stop giving Ortiz credit for beating Vivianne Harris and then Berto. Those were not that great of accomplishments. Anyways PBF showed he doesn't have any viable opponents at 147 other than Manny. And they will never fight. Do you really want to see him beat on more guys that don't pose any challenge?

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
fights of the year are sometimes great match making aka all 3 of gatti's FOTY. Look I said he looked awesome. I never said he would lose to Cotto or Antonio, back in the day. I just mention them cause the were ranked in the top ten pound for pound list when he could have fought them. Stop giving Ortiz credit for beating Vivianne Harris and then Berto. Those were not that great of accomplishments. Anyways PBF showed he doesn't have any viable opponents at 147 other than Manny. And they will never fight. Do you really want to see him beat on more guys that don't pose any challenge?

I'm a fan of May but I also criticize him too....he is not as great like he thinks he is...he still has alot to prove....he needs to fight Pac no doubt about it....he can damn near outclass anyone from 140 to 154....

I agree with you I don't want to see no wack ass rematch or a fight with somebody not on his level....we can only hope he fights Pac next...I can settle with a Khan fight at 147...

but the way ppl hate on this man is ridiculous....he makes valid pts about Hatton, DLH & Mosley....Pac gets praise after he fought & beat them...he gets the excuses....