Nasa prepares to bomb the moon

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/?bcpid=4464161001&bctid=26736312001

moon_1425911c.jpg

The aim is to see whether any traces of water will be revealed by the disruption caused to the planet's surface. Nasa will analyse the space cloud caused by the explosion for any sign of water or vapour.

Scientists expect the impact to blast out a huge cloud of dust, gas and vaporized water ice at least 6 miles high - making it visible from Earth.

If the search is successful it could provide vital supplies for a moonbase. The moon is mostly dry desert but ice may be trapped in craters which never see sunlight.

The unmanned Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite mission (LCROSS) will fire a Centaur rocket into the surface at twice the speed of a bullet.

An accompanying spacecraft will orbit the moon for a year looking for possible landing sites for astronauts. The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter will spend at least a year creating the most minutely detailed map of the moon's surface ever seen.

The vessel swill be the first American spacecrafts to make a lunar trip since 1999.

Astronomers have long thought that a rain of comets brought water to the arid, lifeless moon over billions of years.

In the past few years, at least two American spacecraft reported the presence of water by detecting hints of hydrogen and oxygen - the constituents of water - frozen deep in the darkest recesses of craters around both the north and south lunar poles.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/5566137/Nasa-prepares-to-bomb-the-moon.html

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Trying to kill off what Neil Armstrong and 'em found up their back in the day. Notice they havent had a moonwalk in ages. I bet they conveniently take their asses back up there for a stroll soon after nuking the joint.

White men are so destructive.:smh:

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
they will be fuckin' around with the earth's weather patterns, depending on the magnitude of the explosion. i say don't do it. does'nt the moon help play a part in the ocean's tides?

mike123

Rising Star
Registered
Trying to kill off what Neil Armstrong and 'em found up their back in the day. Notice they havent had a moonwalk in ages. I bet they conveniently take their asses back up there for a stroll soon after nuking the joint.

so i aint the only one that thought about that

or this

smokedacane

Star
Registered
It seems that the children with guns from planet Earth are trying its damnedest to gain a rep in the galactic neighborhood that we are eager to war and militarize space.

I don't know if some of you have heard about this but Russia and China are co opting a mission together and plan on sending a container full of Earth microbes to one of Mars Moons.

space.com said:
But what caught my eye was another payload on this heady mission - detailed in a couple of recent articles - that Russia is also dispatching on the flight the "world's hardiest" or "toughest" organisms found here on Earth, sealed up in a bio-container for the Earth-to-Mars/Mars to Earth three year trek. The bio-module will provide 30 small tubes for individual microbe samples

http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/090107-tw-russia-phobos-life.html

They say the want to see if bacteria can survive in space and see if panspermia is feasible but from the way I see it this could be viewed as an act of bio-terrorism.

Hell back in 1988 one of Russia's probes (Phobos 2) was destroyed by an unknown object that came from Mars surface. The probe managed to get one picture off of the object that apparently destroyed it and it was cylindrical shaped.

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/L_x68J3tZjY&feature=player_embedded[/FLASH]

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
judging from our past they prolly found inhabitants on the moon and are now taking their shit

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

That rocket will not make it past earths orbit before that shit mysteriously blows up.... then watch the space shuttles start blowing up upon earths re-entry, man keeps fucking with those who are superior to them in every single facet

komobb

International
International Member
Yeah right, you have exclusive access to the feds black programs.:rolleyes: Fuck off nube.
:confused:
Who said anything about that?

they will be fuckin' around with the earth's weather patterns, depending on the magnitude of the explosion. i say don't do it. does'nt the moon help play a part in the ocean's tides?

I can't remember where I saw it but there is a suggestion that we shift the moon's orbit a bit to solve our climate problems.

smokedacane

Star
Registered

Without the moon it would have been very difficult for intelligent life to have evolved on Earth.

-The moon has drastically slowed down the Earths spin (imagine over 100 mile an hour winds being a daily occurrence:eek:)

-We have axis stability because of the moon

-weaker tides because of the absence of the moon would have a pivotal effect on landmass erosion.

HUFF

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Actually its a race to have mining rights for some of those rare elements mainly found in abundance on the moon. Helium 3 especially. It's never about what they say it is.

Resource: http://www.spacedaily.com/2004/041126084122.6pp9f0wx.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium-3

Or Just Google Helium 3

Aside from batteries for hybrid vehicles, rare earth elements are also used in electronic devices such as computer chips, television/computer monitors, high-power magnets, military defense systems and even iPods. With an industry having gone from virtually nil to what is estimated to be a $1-billion industry in the United States alone, clearly the demand for rare earth elements has been increasing in quantum proportions--a pattern which is anticipated to continue at an unprecedented rate.

Demand for rare earth oxides is set to increase by more than 50% or 200,000 tonnes per year by 2015, driven by growth in hybrid cars and other industrial and high tech applications, according to Dudley Kingsnorth of the Industrial Mineral Company of Australia (IMCOA).

http://www.moonminer.com/Lunar_regolith.html

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
Actually its a race to have mining rights for some of those rare elements mainly found in abundance on the moon. Helium 3 especially.

Or Just Google Helium 3

Aside from batteries for hybrid vehicles, rare earth elements are also used in electronic devices such as computer chips, television/computer monitors, high-power magnets, military defense systems and even iPods. With an industry having gone from virtually nil to what is estimated to be a $1-billion industry in the United States alone, clearly the demand for rare earth elements has been increasing in quantum proportions--a pattern which is anticipated to continue at an unprecedented rate.

Demand for rare earth oxides is set to increase by more than 50% or 200,000 tonnes per year by 2015, driven by growth in hybrid cars and other industrial and high tech applications, according to Dudley Kingsnorth of the Industrial Mineral Company of Australia (IMCOA).

Another interesting viewpoint.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Without the moon it would have been very difficult for intelligent life to have evolved on Earth.

-The moon has drastically slowed down the Earths spin (imagine over 100 mile an hour winds being a daily occurrence:eek:)

-We have axis stability because of the moon

-weaker tides because of the absence of the moon would have a pivotal effect on landmass erosion.

i figured as much. hope like hell they know what they're doing :smh:

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Hundreds of millions just to smash shit into the moon in the hopes of discovering water so one day we can build a station on the moon so we can visit inhabital and non-human life sustaining planets.

Sigh...

Shit like this should be left to private enterprise. Let them burn their cash.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
well eventually we will be spreading out and forming colonies all over the universe like in the movies, earthlings are prolly gonna be refered to as the mexicans of the universe

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The Moon is hit with object much more destructive than what we could ever hurl at it. (Notice the huge craters already on it) Nothing we could possibly do to it could change it's orbit .... it is 1/4 the size of Earth for Heaven's sake. :cool:

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hundreds of millions just to smash shit into the moon in the hopes of discovering water so one day we can build a station on the moon so we can visit inhabital and non-human life sustaining planets.

Sigh...

Shit like this should be left to private enterprise. Let them burn their cash.

Hmmm someone on here already believes NASA is a private enterprise.

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That rocket will not make it past earths orbit before that shit mysteriously blows up.... then watch the space shuttles start blowing up upon earths re-entry, man keeps fucking with those who are superior to them in every single facet

The rocket is already orbiting the Moon and has been doing so for days now.

mike123

Rising Star
Registered
It seems that the children with guns from planet Earth are trying its damnedest to gain a rep in the galactic neighborhood that we are eager to war and militarize space.

I don't know if some of you have heard about this but Russia and China are co opting a mission together and plan on sending a container full of Earth microbes to one of Mars Moons.

They say the want to see if bacteria can survive in space and see if panspermia is feasible but from the way I see it this could be viewed as an act of bio-terrorism.

Hell back in 1988 one of Russia's probes (Phobos 2) was destroyed by an unknown object that came from Mars surface. The probe managed to get one picture off of the object that apparently destroyed it and it was cylindrical shaped.

:eek::eek::eek:

guess they really tryin to start some shit:smh:

keysersoze

Star
Registered

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/L_x68J3tZjY&feature=player_embedded[/FLASH]

Good shit. :cool:

I always enjoy reading your posts.

footluva

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i guess we fucked the earth up so its on to bigger things.

the people or things that gave us all this technology must be rolling around in there graves

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The Moon is hit with object much more destructive than what we could ever hurl at it. (Notice the huge craters already on it) Nothing we could possibly do to it could change it's orbit .... it is 1/4 the size of Earth for Heaven's sake. :cool:

Good point

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
you guys crack me up. I'd love to hear one of your theories- a lucid one, on just why they would want to kill whatever it is that's on the moon so bad.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
:eek::eek::eek:

guess they really tryin to start some shit:smh:

Another reason I brought up the Russian Chinese project Phobos Grunt mission is because of an anomalous photo that was taken by Phobos 2.

I don't know if some of you recall or not but Phobos 2 picked up a heat signature coming from the Hydroate Chaos Region of mars. So in order to determine what the cause of this energy source Phobos 2 took a infrared scan radiometer image of Mars surface that revealed what looks like an underground city the size of Chicago underneath Mars surface.

hydroate.jpg

marte27_27.jpg

Russian scientist were also mystified by this picture because it clearly looks like artificial structures in the photo. You can see that the structures look like city blocks and buildings. Anomaly or not, very strange photo of what lies underneath the surface of Mars.

So that is why I'm wondering why Russia is sending a container full of bacteria to Mars moon Phobos as if they are trying to wipe out the natives or some shit.

Who's ready to sign up for the space core to defeat Martians??? :lol:

doomguy.png

mike123

Rising Star
Registered
Actually its a race to have mining rights for some of those rare elements mainly found in abundance on the moon. Helium 3 especially. It's never about what they say it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium-3

Or Just Google Helium 3

interestin angle:yes:
and money is a good motivator