2026 Chicago Bears Season Thread

"I think it's a problem ... anybody who disrespects this country and the flag," Ditka, an ESPN analyst, said during a radio interview Friday with 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. "If they don't like the country they don't like our flag ... get the hell out."

"I have no respect for Colin Kaepernick -- he probably has no respect for me, that's his choice," he added. "My choice is, I like this country, I respect our flag, and I don't see all the atrocities going on in this country that people say are going on."


The 77-year-old old Ditka has previously made harsh comments about players who take a knee, which has sparked fierce debate about issues such as patriotism and protest. He said he would bench players who didn't stand during the anthem.

Ditka went further on Monday, saying he didn't know what "social injustices" players are protesting.

"There has been no oppression in the last 100 years that I know of,"
he said.
 
"I think it's a problem ... anybody who disrespects this country and the flag," Ditka, an ESPN analyst, said during a radio interview Friday with 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. "If they don't like the country they don't like our flag ... get the hell out."

"I have no respect for Colin Kaepernick -- he probably has no respect for me, that's his choice," he added. "My choice is, I like this country, I respect our flag, and I don't see all the atrocities going on in this country that people say are going on."
I remember meeting him in the 90’s at his restaurant that he had in the Gold Coast. Got an autograph all that shit, thought it was one of the coolest celebrities encounters I ever had. Soon as the Kaepernick comments came out, I tossed that shit right in the trash.

But yeah, R.I.P., I guess.
 


Mike Ditka was a great player, a great motivator, and a larger than life personality. He was NOT a great coach, in my opinion. For coaching, I trusted Buddy Ryan on those great 80s Bears teams much more than I trusted Ditka. I saw that most with what was done (or not done) with Jim McMahon. To this day, Jim McMahon is one of the all-time greatest gunslingers in college football history. When I found out that McMahon was coming to the Bears, I couldn't believe it. Yet, there was no one there to coach and direct his development at the NFL level. Ditka damn sure couldn't. Consequently, we never saw anything close to the BYU McMahon with the Bears, even before all of his injuries. Put McMahon under a Bill Walsh, a Mike Holmgren, or a Ben Johnson, and there's no way a quarterback with his talent doesn't win more than one Super Bowl and go to the Hall of Fame.

As a person, Ditka always came across as a blowhard and a bully, much like a Bobby Knight. And not surprisingly, like Complex noted, he turned out to be an ultra right-wing, Trump supporting asshole. Yet, he did lead the team that I love to it's only Super Bowl title. So like brother cnc said, R.I.P., I guess.
 
Mike Ditka was a great player, a great motivator, and a larger than life personality. He was NOT a great coach, in my opinion. For coaching, I trusted Buddy Ryan on those great 80s Bears teams much more than I trusted Ditka. I saw that most with what was done (or not done) with Jim McMahon. To this day, Jim McMahon is one of the all-time greatest gunslingers in college football history. When I found out that McMahon was coming to the Bears, I couldn't believe it. Yet, there was no one there to coach and direct his development at the NFL level. Ditka damn sure couldn't. Consequently, we never saw anything close to the BYU McMahon with the Bears, even before all of his injuries. Put McMahon under a Bill Walsh, a Mike Holmgren, or a Ben Johnson, and there's no way a quarterback with his talent doesn't win more than one Super Bowl and go to the Hall of Fame.

As a person, Ditka always came across as a blowhard and a bully, much like a Bobby Knight. And not surprisingly, like Complex noted, he turned out to be an ultra right-wing, Trump supporting asshole. Yet, he did lead the team that I love to it's only Super Bowl title. So like brother cnc said, R.I.P., I guess.
All I knew growing up was Ditka made the Chicago Bears iconic, he had a larger than life personality. The Bears were the shit in the 80's. Honestly that's all I remember when it comes to Ditka because after Kaepernik and all the other bullshit he said, he was pretty much dead to me because I didn't listen to anything else he said. I actually did not know if he was dead or alive the last few years because I wasn't checking for him. So rest in peace!

I'm hyped about this game come Sunday! Packer players have finally got a backbone and started talking shit lol. Let's fucking go! I hope the Bears whoop they ass.
 

​

Khalil Mack for a fifth-round pick? Sign me up for that right damn now!!!! He's got plenty gas left in the tank, and could be just what the doctor ordered to round out this defensive line. Ryan P., get on it!!!!​
 
Nope, he looks rattled, and this is we’re not having the 1-2 running punch is going to hurt all afternoon.
Loveland was wide open on that play too, but he forced it into double coverage. Nonsensical shit. Then the Pack scored a TD off of that turnover. We've given these mofos confidence. Gotta settle down and weather the storm now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cnc
Was a good run by Bagent on 1st down.

Holy shit 2:00 warning already this 1st half is flying by.
 
Fantastic drive. Offensive line just moved bodies and created running lanes that entire drive. Defense needed that rest.

Bagent didn’t do anything to stop the drive but man, I don’t trust him throwing the ball at all. His legs are going to have to be part of the 2nd half game plan.
 
Fantastic drive. Offensive line just moved bodies and created running lanes that entire drive. Defense needed that rest.

Bagent didn’t do anything to stop the drive but man, I don’t trust him throwing the ball at all. His legs are going to have to be part of the 2nd half game plan.

When he was running around thinking he was Caleb :smh:
 
Johnson got bailed out, because he got roasted. He’s having a bad game, hasn’t had a good season at all.

And then they get a TD the next play. Man wtf. :smh:
 
Not even an attempt to try to push the ball down field on this drive and then a missed FG. Jesus Christ.

Bagent looks horrible. I mean shockingly horrible.
 
Back
Top