Okay, I've been retired for a little over 2 years. Here's the deal: I'm loving it, but there's some weird shit. I'm 60, and have been working since I was 14. When it gets close to 11 o'clock, I start to think I need to go to bed soon. My wife tells me, "You're retired. Why the fuck are you clock watching?!". Funny thing is, she tells me all the time, "I feel like I haven't accomplished anything today.".
Me: "You're retired. The only thing you need to accomplish is to survive the day."
When we cruise, we take naps in the middle of the day. At home, not so much. We both started working in our teens, and we're also veterans, so it still feels weird not doing shit.
I'm not knocking it. If you can retire at 58, I highly recommend it, BUT, if you've been working most of your life, it's an adjustment. Yes, this is a first world problem, but a problem none the less. My aunt said, "You retired at 58 a millionaire. You're good.". She's right, but, going from grinding most of my life to telling the world to suck my dick is an adjustment that takes a minute to get used to. Again, I'm NOT complaining, just letting y'all know what it's like. If you're getting ready to retire soon, I'm just letting you know, it's going to be an adjustment. Trying to adjust from working most of your life to telling the world to kiss your ass is not a bad adjustment, but it's still an adjustment.
Me: "You're retired. The only thing you need to accomplish is to survive the day."
When we cruise, we take naps in the middle of the day. At home, not so much. We both started working in our teens, and we're also veterans, so it still feels weird not doing shit.
I'm not knocking it. If you can retire at 58, I highly recommend it, BUT, if you've been working most of your life, it's an adjustment. Yes, this is a first world problem, but a problem none the less. My aunt said, "You retired at 58 a millionaire. You're good.". She's right, but, going from grinding most of my life to telling the world to suck my dick is an adjustment that takes a minute to get used to. Again, I'm NOT complaining, just letting y'all know what it's like. If you're getting ready to retire soon, I'm just letting you know, it's going to be an adjustment. Trying to adjust from working most of your life to telling the world to kiss your ass is not a bad adjustment, but it's still an adjustment.