Lionel Richie has been hospitalized and is in the ICU

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member




Lionel Richie is hospitalized in the intensive care unit in St. Louis after performing in the city over the weekend ... TMZ has learned.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Lionel checked himself into a local hospital after his Saturday night performance at The Muny in Forest Park to have some tests run.

We're told Lionel is being cautious and doctors are looking into possible slight dehydration. Our sources say he's hoping to be discharged Tuesday.

Witnesses at the concert tell us Lionel appeared to be struggling a bit toward the end of the show, asking his team to bring him a chair while performing his final song, "All Night Long," so he could sit down.

As we broke the story ... Lionel was also rushed to a hospital in June after falling ill onstage during a concert in St. Paul, Minnesota. Lionel told the crowd he felt "dizzy" and "strange" and cut the show short before paramedics met him backstage and took him to a hospital by ambulance.

We've reached out to Lionel's reps ... so far, no word back.
 
Slow down brah, you 77, take a break and take care of yourself. Big fan....:wepraise:


IMG-0753.png
 
Celebrity Net Worth has Lionel Richie at $200 Million, and I believe it.



Plus those tv contracts pay really well for American Idol, and other celebs on The Voice, etc.


Many millions just off being part of the judging panels ... let alone all his career / touring earnings.





Lionel Richie earns a salary of around $10 million per season as a judge on ABC's American Idol. [1, 2]

Contract and Salary Details
    • Initial Deal: Lionel Richie joined the American Idol revival on ABC in September 2017 for an initial contract reported to be around $10 million. [1, 2]
    • Current Status: He continues to re-up his contract with the show, signing on to return alongside Luke Bryan and Carrie Underwood. [1]
    • Compared to Other Judges: During her tenure, Katy Perry was the highest-paid judge at $25 million per year. Luke Bryan earns roughly $12 million, and incoming judge Carrie Underwood's salary falls in the $10–$12 million range, making Richie's deal around $10 million. [1]
 
Was a kid when All Night Long came out and used to love the song. As an adult and having listened to a ton of music since anybody feels like Ol Lion-O was trying to mimic Bob Marley a bit especially the opening??
 
Was a kid when All Night Long came out and used to love the song. As an adult and having listened to a ton of music since anybody feels like Ol Lion-O was trying to mimic Bob Marley a bit especially the opening??
wiki:

When composing the song, Richie was able to write all of the verses easily but got stuck when he got up to the hook. He told GQ that he kept repeating, "come on and sing along" over and over to no avail:


Now I have this song, 'Well, my friends the time has come to raise the roof and have some fun,' that's great. 'Karamu, fiesta, forever — come on and sing along. Da-da-da-da…' I don’t have a hook. And so, it took me probably another month of just walking around my house and everywhere trying to find out what is the hook to 'come on and sing along?' I’ve got to give you the sing-along.

Finally, inspiration struck him while he was visiting a friend's house and about to go back to work in the studio:


So, I went to one of my dear friends' houses, Dr. Lloyd Greg, and I went by for dinner. He’s from Jamaica. And I’m leaving at now it's — I took a break from the studio, I'm leaving his house now about two o'clock in the morning. And as I'm leaving the house, I’m saying to him, "Hey man, I got to go back and work all night long, man." All night long. All night long. All night long. All night long. Got it.
 
Was a kid when All Night Long came out and used to love the song. As an adult and having listened to a ton of music since anybody feels like Ol Lion-O was trying to mimic Bob Marley a bit especially the opening??

Bro I'm Jamaican and I love the song. The same way I loved seeing Denzel Washington as The Mighty Quin with his faux Jamaican accent.

The same way I loved to see Don Cheadle and Denzel act with a faux English accent. I took those imitations as a compliment and not an insult. Also the first time I saw Lela Rochan was in that All Night Long video.

Lionel Rich is one of my GOAT singers. He's got lyrics smooth and easy like Sunday morning. Let a fool talk greasy about Lionel Richie around me and things can ugly real fast depending on how much of that Wray & Nephew I been sipping on.
 
Bro I'm Jamaican and I love the song. The same way I loved seeing Denzel Washington as The Mighty Quin with his faux Jamaican accent.

The same way I loved to see Don Cheadle and Denzel act with a faux English accent. I took those imitations as a compliment and not an insult. Also the first time I saw Lela Rochan was in that All Night Long video.

Lionel Rich is one of my GOAT singers. He's got lyrics smooth and easy like Sunday morning. Let a fool talk greasy about Lionel Richie around me and things can ugly real fast depending on how much of that Wray & Nephew I been sipping on.
I guess Nicole isn't the only one we have to comfort and support when the news comes.
 
Back
Top