Sugar (2024) | Apple TV

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
any fans of this show? , season 2 episode 1 just dropped , i didnt even know season 2 was coming

great show

sgr.jpg



Private investigator John Sugar examines the mysterious disappearance of Olivia Siegel, the granddaughter of a legendary Hollywood producer.








season 1 was was really good
 
I watch it. Liked it and all (S1) but of course Apple ruined it with the last episode reveal. Started S2 last night. Forgot about the ending reveal and all the old movie references in between. Its on my roster of shows, and knowing its Apple, being that they typically produce good shows, cinematically is good and the writing. It's just the premise that kills it.

And of course women love Collin so they will support it. I'll continue to watch because I'm already invested.
 
Not one person here has seen this show ?

Kendrick_Lamar_-_Damn.png

I watch it. Liked it and all (S1) but of course Apple ruined it with the last episode reveal. Started S2 last night. Forgot about the ending reveal and all the old movie references in between. Its on my roster of shows, and knowing its Apple, being that they typically produce good shows, cinematically is good and the writing. It's just the premise that kills it.

And of course women love Collin so they will support it. I'll continue to watch because I'm already invested.
i ficked with it for sure. the problem with being a big sci fi head is you're always running out of quality shit to watch.

what bothered you about the last episode reveal?n
 
i ficked with it for sure. the problem with being a big sci fi head is you're always running out of quality shit to watch.

what bothered you about the last episode reveal?n
Just that I didnt know what he and everyone else was. Dont want to drop a spoiler for those that havent watched. But the show took a whole left turn by revealing that. Tons of comments on the show said the same. Like IMDB and others. I guess it wouldnt of been such a big deal if they lead the show with that. Similar to that other show like The Man Who Fell to Earth.
 
Just that I didnt know what he and everyone else was. Dont want to drop a spoiler for those that havent watched. But the show took a whole left turn by revealing that. Tons of comments on the show said the same. Like IMDB and others. I guess it wouldnt of been such a big deal if they lead the show with that. Similar to that other show like The Man Who Fell to Earth.
I knew Something was up when he stopped that bullet , don’t remember if there was any red herring before that

I might watch season 1 again before starting season 2
It’s been so long
 
Just that I didnt know what he and everyone else was. Dont want to drop a spoiler for those that havent watched. But the show took a whole left turn by revealing that. Tons of comments on the show said the same. Like IMDB and others. I guess it wouldnt of been such a big deal if they lead the show with that. Similar to that other show like The Man Who Fell to Earth.
ngl, i dug it. but that's my kinda shit lol
 
Anybody seen the new show on Apple TV widows bay ?
Season 1 just ended and is getting good reviews
I wanna watch that before silo starts in July
 
I binged season 1 yesterday
I forgot the episodes are only 30 minutes


What did y’all think of season 2 episode 1

Starting with Henry , I thought that was going to be the story of season 2 finding Henry , instead it was done in 5 seconds of the show starting


Also I’m wondering if he gets injured again shit or stabbed, how is he going to get more alien blood or that special blood Henry had to heal him , since he can’t go to a regular doctor hospital
 
Last edited:
Just that I didnt know what he and everyone else was. Dont want to drop a spoiler for those that havent watched. But the show took a whole left turn by revealing that. Tons of comments on the show said the same. Like IMDB and others. I guess it wouldnt of been such a big deal if they lead the show with that. Similar to that other show like The Man Who Fell to Earth.
I had no problem with the twist
If anything it made it more interesting
Did you see the show paradise ?
 
I had no problem with the twist
If anything it made it more interesting
Did you see the show paradise ?
It's not like I'm not gonna watch it, I'm in, just threw a lot of people off, because when I checked IMDB, the description was vague and doesnt even describe it as Sci-Fi, not even the category. Kinda feel like it is sort of pointless to add that plot twist. Would of been fine without it IMO.

Check it:

"Private detective John Sugar investigates the disappearance of Olivia, the beloved granddaughter of Hollywood producer Jonathan Siegel. As Sugar tries to determine what happened to Olivia, he unearths Siegel family secrets, old and new."

And of course I watch Paradise, anything with intelligent writing I am there. Love the show.
Can't compare that to this, kinda different premises.
 
It's not like I'm not gonna watch it, I'm in, just threw a lot of people off, because when I checked IMDB, the description was vague and doesnt even describe it as Sci-Fi, not even the category. Kinda feel like it is sort of pointless to add that plot twist. Would of been fine without it IMO.

Check it:

"Private detective John Sugar investigates the disappearance of Olivia, the beloved granddaughter of Hollywood producer Jonathan Siegel. As Sugar tries to determine what happened to Olivia, he unearths Siegel family secrets, old and new."

And of course I watch Paradise, anything with intelligent writing I am there. Love the show.
Can't compare that to this, kinda different premises.
i rewatched it season 1 yesterday and everything made more sense
there was a lot of clues
 
Am I being
5I5s8.png
For not caring about this “Jin” missing story or this gang shit

Season 2 episode 2 has to be the worst episode in the series
Or maybe is just because this is the first time I’m watching it live , and now have to wait a week
30 minute episodes doesn’t help

I’m just not invested in this Jin or his brother story , when tv shows like these depict gangs they always look goofy cartoonish

They should of had a missing child or woman story
 
Am I being
5I5s8.png
For not caring about this “Jin” missing story or this gang shit

Season 2 episode 2 has to be the worst episode in the series
Or maybe is just because this is the first time I’m watching it live , and now have to wait a week
30 minute episodes doesn’t help

I’m just not invested in this Jin or his brother story , when tv shows like these depict gangs they always look goofy cartoonish

They should of had a missing child or woman story
Bruh, my other gripe is the whole melodramatic with him, and some others like a Matthew McConaughey, George Clooney type actors. Hollywood uses their whole heartthrob spiel and chicks who watch just for that. They have less speaking and more emotional looks and glances. To me that's why I said they could of left out the whole alien thing and left it how it was, just a detective based thing, and maybe he had a little super power would of been ok.
But... I continue to watch
 
Nice reveal at the end of episode 3.

Cool to hear Buggin' Out from ATCQ during the end credits too.

Noticed that Ali Shaheed Muhammad was co-credited for the score.
 
... and left it how it was, just a detective based thing ...



I like how with season 2 currently it's not getting derailed too much with the sci-fi. The detective / neo noir vibe of the show is more enjoyable anyway. Don't have to suspend your disbelief as much as a viewer.
 
in the latest episode s02e06
Why didn’t that lady want to go back
She said she did some bad things on earth
Is that why
Seems like these aliens prefer here over their own planet
I would like to see an entire episode on that planet
I know they showed a clip one time
 
Good episode but disappointing season overall



I don't mind it.


Don't care too much for the Danny and Ji Moon storyline / plot, but the season was better than I expected it to be.


I was worried it was gonna branch off into too much sci-fi and really have me suspending my disbelief. At least it feels relatively grounded.
 
Season 2 ended
I didn’t like this season
It felt like a different show from season 1
Now I’m finding out that season 2 got new showrunners
Writers from season 1 left the show
For creative reasons
What happened to his powers from season 1 like stopping bullets
I didn’t like the sister angle at the end

They need to bring the original writers back
 
Back
Top