The "Love Boat" Guest Who Wouldn't Shake My Hand -Ted Lange

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
hmm.png
Who do you think Ted Lang is talking about?

​
 
I initially thought, Bob Hope, only because I knew of his love of golf, but the consensus seems to be that it was Milton Berle.
 
I initially thought, Bob Hope, only because I knew of his love of golf, but the consensus seems to be that it was Milton Berle.

Many of the people in comments agree. One person said, "Milton Berle was the only person that guest starred on The Love Boat that held a golf and tennis tournament yearly. My money is on ole Milton. He was rude and disrespectful to SNL cast members in 1979 when he hosted. Lorne Michaels banned Milton from ever hosting the show again. "During his hosting stint on Saturday Night Live in 1979, Berle was criticized for a monologue that included "racist, homophobic, and simply in bad taste" jokes"
 
Information regarding a direct, documented interaction between Miles Davis and Milton Berle is limited, but the two jazz/entertainment figures were linked in anecdotes regarding Miles Davis's early career.
  • Confrontation Anecdote: In his autobiography, Miles Davis recalled a time when Milton Berle, the comedian and "Mr. Television," came to see him when Miles was first starting out at a club.
  • Berle's Club Visit: A popular anecdote in jazz circles, sometimes discussed in forums, describes a confrontation or encounter where Berle came into a club where Davis was playing early in his career. [1, 2, 3, 4]


**Milton Berle - Satirical Salute to Radio (excerpt)**

I remember one time when Milton Berle, the comedian, came down to see me when I was playing at the Three Deuces. I was in Bird’s band at the time. I think this was in 1948. Anyway, Berle was sitting at a table listening to us and somebody asked him what he thought of the band and the music. He laughed and turned to this group of white people he was with and said that we were “headhunters”, meaning we were fucking savages. He thought it was funny and I remember all those white people laughing at us . Well, I never forgot that. (p. 406)
 
Whoever the piece of shit was don't understand why Ted Lange won't divulge his name. I'd like to ask him, "why protect or respect the bitch when he had no respect for you"..
 
Most likely its because he's dead, and Lange doesn't want to attack someone who can't defend themselves..

If Lange knows his account to be true, then divulging the name of the offender whether alive or dead wouldn't constitute an attack on a defenseless person imo. More like just exposing a racist piece of shit in my view. :hmm:
 
Back
Top