The Game Argues Hip-Hop Is 'Down 50 Percent' After Drake, Kendrick Beef
The rapper argues the culture didn't appreciate "one of the greatest" amid the feud.
The Game is weighing in on the lasting impact of the Drake and Kendrick Lamarfeud, and he's not convinced hip-hop is better off because of it.
Reacting to ongoing conversations about the genre's current state, the Compton rapper shared a message suggesting that while the high-profile clash may have driven engagement, it ultimately came at a cost to the music itself.
"Y'all ain't appreciate one of the greatest now the absence & silence has the art form down 50%," he wrote on Instagram, pointing to what he sees as a noticeable drop in quality and output following the battle.
The Game's reaction echoes a broader sentiment among some artists and fans who believe the intense focus on rivalry, discourse, and online metrics has overshadowed collaboration and long-term artistry. Jay-Z recently chimed in on the matter in his interview with GQ, stating all the negative energy that came from the beef was "too much."
"We love the excitement and I love the sparring, but in this day and age there's so much negative stuff that comes with it that you almost wish it didn't happen," said Jay. "Now, people that like Kendrick hate Drake, no matter what he makes. It's like an attack on his character. I don't know if I love that. I don't know if it's helpful to our growth where the fallout lands, especially on social media. … It's too far. It's bringing people's kids in it. I don't like that."