Music News: Bay Area rapper LaRussell goes offline after backlash over ‘heaven-sent’ song with pro Hitler, Epstein lyrics

LaRussell is handicapped by his lyricism. You can’t fully unpack deep philosophical ideas in just a few bars. I understand what LaRussell was trying to say, but when you’re dealing with concepts like divine origin, free will, and human behavior, you need a higher level of lyrical precision to communicate that clearly.

Many spiritual traditions teach that we all come from a divine source, but free will, environment, and personal choices shape how we actually live. The issue is putting people like Malcolm X and Epstein in the same sentence under the idea that “we’re all heaven-sent.” Malcolm fulfilled his purpose in a way that uplifted people, while Epstein represents the opposite. Grouping them together without clear distinction blurs it.

That’s where lyricism matters. When you’re speaking on heavy ideas, clarity is everything. Not every rapper has the ability to break down complex philosophy in a way that lands correctly. There’s a reason artists like Nas are held in a different category when it comes to depth and precision.
His only problem was not knowing what "Heaven Sent" meant.
 
I'm not miserable, bored and I have things to do and it was dumb. He chose the wrong wording using "Heaven Sent".
You one person. I’m saying he disturbed a certain part of the internet. The fake woke shit. The same people that will say free Diddy or support Chris Brown will pretend they are outrage over something like this. I get the point he was making and most people they just pouncing. Nobody can tell me they actually give a fuck about this. The only people I see are the ones who think he’s supporting the names he said.
 
Bitch ninja got the attention he wanted. Fucks he crying for now?

He thought he could control the controversy and benefit from it. Even Kanye waited till he was already rich to start kanyeing.
He thought people would understand his point but it fell flat. He forgot the internet don’t care. That’s why you don’t cater to it because the internet ain’t shit and full of contradictions.
 
You one person. I’m saying he disturbed a certain part of the internet. The fake woke shit. The same people that will say free Diddy or support Chris Brown will pretend they are outrage over something like this. I get the point he was making and most people they just pouncing. Nobody can tell me they actually give a fuck about this. The only people I see are the ones who think he’s supporting the names he said.
Can we get back to a time where people call out dumb shit without it being called "Outrage, fake outrage or woke"?
 
He thought people would understand his point but it fell flat. He forgot the internet don’t care. That’s why you don’t cater to it because the internet ain’t shit and full of contradictions.
It fell flat because he used the wrong words.
 
None of the below describes Hitler or Epstein unless...


"Heaven-sent" describes
something, typically an opportunity or event, that is extremely fortunate, opportune, or timely, often appearing as if by divine intervention. It suggests a blessing or a perfect, unexpected solution to a problem, such as a "heaven-sent rain" or a "heaven-sent opportunity.

Usage Examples:
  • "The unexpected bonus was a heaven-sentrelief during a difficult month."
    • "Her timely advice proved to be a heaven-sentsolution to our dilemma."
    • "After hours of driving, the small diner was a heaven-sent resting spot."
    • "The last-minute volunteer was a heaven-sentaddition to the team."
Synonyms:
  • Providential (opportune or lucky)
  • Fortunate
  • Opportune (convenient or favorable)
  • Blessed
  • Miraculous
  • Serendipitous
  • God-sent
Usage Context:
The phrase is usually used as an adjective before a noun (e.g., a "heaven-sent opportunity"). It implies that the event is not just lucky, but almost perfectly timed, as if planned by a higher power.

heaven-sent​

also heaven sent
adjective [usu ADJ n]
You use heaven-sent to describe something such as an opportunity which is unexpected, but which is very welcome because it occurs at just the right time.

heaven-sent​

adjective

/ˈhevn sent/

/ˈhevn sent/
[usually before noun]
  1. happening unexpectedly and at exactly the right time
    • a heaven-sent opportunity




The man used the wrong words and the wrong phrase. There's nothing to defend, he just fucked up.
 
Can we get back to a time where people call out dumb shit without it being called "Outrage, fake outrage or woke"?
If we consistent sure.

I think with me the older I get the more I just don’t give a fuck. :lol: not about shit like this. And I hate to use the “we got more pressing needs” argument but we seriously do….

It’s like the R Kelly shit. People was more mad at his accuser for not “letting it go” or profiting off her trauma than they are that creep nigga. That’s why I be calling it fake outrage. Like you admitted he used haven’t sent wrong so what’s the call it for? For fucking up?
 
I disagree.

It wasn't missed.

It was poorly presented.

And even his own long time collaborators told him it was a mistake
It was intentionally missed to me. Because every argument I’ve seen is “ he doesn’t know what haven’t sent it”…soon as I saw it with it even think said oh he’s trying to say they all come from the same place but they are different. You can use simple context clues and tell what he meant. They did it with Kyrie Irving too. Used his comments to be the face of hate. We’ve seen this time and time again
 
It fell flat because he used the wrong words.
I think it fell flat because nobody cares. I think that’s what his engineer was trying to tell him. Nobody cares about this point. I don’t care where they come from. And whatever potential buzz or hype he thought would come from it wasn’t coming. You got to pander. If he said Epstein wasn’t heaven sent you think people would say “oh he used it wrong!”? Hell naw lol.
 
It was intentionally missed to me. Because every argument I’ve seen is “ he doesn’t know what haven’t sent it”…soon as I saw it with it even think said oh he’s trying to say they all come from the same place but they are different. You can use simple context clues and tell what he meant. They did it with Kyrie Irving too. Used his comments to be the face of hate. We’ve seen this time and time again

I hear you and understand what you saying...

But because he just fumbled a few weeks ago I cannot agree with you.

He did this poorly. Period. And he now has a history of doing that. And this is a serious thing to play with. An an artist of course he can choose to go there... but as an artist he also has a responsibility to do it well.

And he also has no right to sh*t on people reactions to the art he releases to the world. When overwhelming from what I'VE seen? The criticism has all been sincere valid honest and from his friends and peers.
 
I think it fell flat because nobody cares. I think that’s what his engineer was trying to tell him. Nobody cares about this point. I don’t care where they come from. And whatever potential buzz or hype he thought would come from it wasn’t coming. You got to pander. If he said Epstein wasn’t heaven sent you think people would say “oh he used it wrong!”? Hell naw lol.
Saying a rapist, child molester and murder/ person attempting to eliminate a an entire race aren't blessings.

Unless...

That's what he said, that's not what he was trying to say but that's what he said. He fucked up, now he has to deal with it.

He simply needs to say that he phrased it wrong because we all know that's not what he meant.
 
If we consistent sure.

I think with me the older I get the more I just don’t give a fuck. :lol: not about shit like this. And I hate to use the “we got more pressing needs” argument but we seriously do….

It’s like the R Kelly shit. People was more mad at his accuser for not “letting it go” or profiting off her trauma than they are that creep nigga. That’s why I be calling it fake outrage. Like you admitted he used haven’t sent wrong so what’s the call it for? For fucking up?
None of us really give a fuck, we're just speaking on what's presented to us. LaRussell won't be in my mind when I eat, play basket shit.

I saw a thread about his song, listened to it and gave my input. Just like others yourself included.

What should happen? He should apologize, and let those that don't know what he meant know what he meant.
 
It was poorly presented.
This part.

Its artistic license. The argument that all of "god's creations" are "heaven sent" could be made in a philosophical argument but in all reality, the knigga probably just thought that shit was pretty clever at the time he wrote it.
I respect him for doubling down on it and not apologizing, though.
You should never apologize because someone else doesn't understand your art.

I say its probably all bullshit, but I'm agnostic.
If he prays hard enough, maybe the god he believes in will send his ass some better articulation skills. Maybe he'll have the wisdom to use less trigger words next time?
:lol:
 
I hear you and understand what you saying...

But because he just fumbled a few weeks ago I cannot agree with you.

He did this poorly. Period. And he now has a history of doing that. And this is a serious thing to play with. An an artist of course he can choose to go there... but as an artist he also has a responsibility to do it well.

And he also has no right to sh*t on people reactions to the art he releases to the world. When overwhelming from what I'VE seen? The criticism has all been sincere valid honest and from his friends and peers.
The criticism I get. Nobody immune to that. I think it’s intentional but I admit I’m a fan so I’m biased. I think he should’ve listened to his engineer because this was never going to go the way he hoped or thought.
 
This part.

Its artistic license. The argument that all of "god's creations" are "heaven sent" could be made in a philosophical argument but in all reality, the knigga probably just thought that shit was pretty clever at the time he wrote it.
I respect him for doubling down on it and not apologizing, though.
You should never apologize because someone else doesn't understand your art
.

I say its probably all bullshit, but I'm agnostic.
If he prays hard enough, maybe the god he believes in will send his ass some better articulation skills.
:lol:

I can't use the term RESPECT with him no more

Cause he standing on stupid

I will say I "recognize " it?

Because he doesn't have to apologize for his thoughts but to his fans and family l y and friends negatively effected by him doing this dumb sh*t.
 
Saying a rapist, child molester and murder/ person attempting to eliminate a an entire race aren't blessings.

Unless...

That's what he said, that's not what he was trying to say but that's what he said. He fucked up, now he has to deal with it.

He simply needs to say that he phrased it wrong because we all know that's not what he meant.
It won’t matter. Like I said the people who jump on shit like this have. They will eventually forget but not right now like he hopes. Some still have t forgiven Chrisitte Michelle for doing that performance for Trump…..
 
I can't use the term RESPECT with him no more

Cause he standing on stupid

I will say I "recognize " it?

Because he doesn't have to apologize for his thoughts but to his fans and family l y and friends negatively effected by him doing this dumb sh*t.
I don't know enough about dude or his music to comment. Everything I know is based off today. I'mma take your word for it.
 
I can't use the term RESPECT with him no more

Cause he standing on stupid

I will say I "recognize " it?

Because he doesn't have to apologize for his thoughts but to his fans and family l y and friends negatively effected by him doing this dumb sh*t.
As a fan I’m listening to his album with Lil Jon right now the shit slap. :lol: I don’t think his fans care. Most are just like damn why you say this….
 
None of us really give a fuck, we're just speaking on what's presented to us. LaRussell won't be in my mind when I eat, play basket shit.

I saw a thread about his song, listened to it and gave my input. Just like others yourself included.

What should happen? He should apologize, and let those that don't know what he meant know what he meant.
Apologize for what though?
 
As a fan I’m listening to his album with Lil Jon right now the shit slap. :lol: I don’t think his fans care. Most are just like damn why you say this….

EXACTLY.

he said it.

He aint think about. He didn't rap it. It wasn't poetic profound or deep. He didn't consider it.

He just said it.

Which is irresponsible and says a lot about him as a person and an artist.
 
It won’t matter. Like I said the people who jump on shit like this have. They will eventually forget but not right now like he hopes. Some still have t forgiven Chrisitte Michelle for doing that performance for Trump…..
Hey man, I don't know what to tell you?
 
EXACTLY.

he said it.

He aint think about. He didn't rap it. It wasn't poetic profound or deep. He didn't consider it.

He just said it.

Which is irresponsible and says a lot about him as a person and an artist.
He did think about it, he simply misspoke not understanding what he was actually saying.

You can tell by the song that he thought about every word, syllable and how the lyrics were put together because the song had meaning.

He just fucked up by saying "Heaven Sent" instead of "Children of God" or something of that nature.

Because he didn't understand the definition.
 
Nigga thought he was waxing poetic and now he's getting his ass waxed

giphy.gif



:roflmao:
 
He did think about it, he simply misspoke not understanding what he was actually saying.

You can tell by the song that he thought about every word, syllable and how the lyrics were put together because the song had meaning.

He just fucked up by saying "Heaven Sent" instead of "Children of God" or something of that nature.

Because he didn't understand the definition.

I dont know...

I heard that song and it sounded lazy rote basic and fake deep.

Was he sincere?

Maybe.

And obviously the engineer and everyone associated with the song agrees with me that it was not ready for prime time.
 
I dont know...

I heard that song and it sounded lazy rote basic and fake deep.

Was he sincere?

Maybe.

And obviously the engineer and everyone associated with the song agrees with me that it was not ready for prime time.
I'm just saying that the song had a theme and a meaning that he worked on and thought through. And it was all supposed to go together to make sense.

And it would've made sense, had he used the right wording.
 
I dont know...

I heard that song and it sounded lazy rote basic and fake deep.

Was he sincere?

Maybe.

And obviously the engineer and everyone associated with the song agrees with me that it was not ready for prime time.
You can't be out here calling Hitler and Epstein blessings! :roflmao:
 
EXACTLY.

he said it.

He aint think about. He didn't rap it. It wasn't poetic profound or deep. He didn't consider it.

He just said it.

Which is irresponsible and says a lot about him as a person and an artist.
Well we know he thought about it because his engineer told him don’t drop it. It was careless for sure. Or maybe it wasn’t. Maybe it was all intentional….i don’t think he intended to use it incorrectly but the message was gonna always be controversial and have people talking.
 
I haven’t heard anyone speak on this in a week I didn’t even know it was controversial…what is everyone saying? A week ago I seen Van speak on it.
I looked at the comments of a few of the vids posted in this thread. And many are saying the engineer was right, that he shouldn't have released the song.

And like you, they know what he was trying to say but it didn't come out right. Most understand that he misspoke.

Nobody's outraged, want him cancelled or killed.

Most understand that he chose the wrong words and it was simply a mistake.
 
Well we know he thought about it because his engineer told him don’t drop it. It was careless for sure. Or maybe it wasn’t. Maybe it was all intentional….i don’t think he intended to use it incorrectly but the message was gonna always be controversial and have people talking.

Damn Red...

You are SO CYNICAL

and probably right.
 
Back
Top