Music News: Bay Area rapper LaRussell goes offline after backlash over ‘heaven-sent’ song with pro Hitler, Epstein lyrics

“Even the devil was heaven-sent. Even Malcolm was heaven-sent. Even Martin was heaven-sent,” he raps, invoking the two Black civil rights activists Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. “Even Kanye was heaven-sent. We all heaven-sent. Donald too. We all heaven-sent. Epstein too. We all heaven-sent. Adolf too.”​
 
Last edited:
"The selective outrage and fake righteousness is a joke," he tweeted. "It's always US. Y'all been complicit in supporting serial killers, murderers, drug dealers, pimps, and n***as destroying they community for yeeeeaaaars!!!! But me saying God made me and he also made these sick a** n***as is where the line is drawn? CUT IT OUT. If you gone be outraged be outraged about it all! TURN THE MURDER MUSIC OFF AND EVERY OTHER DETRIMENTAL FORM OF ART YOU CONSUME! I'M ONE OF THE FEW N***AS IN THIS S**T SMILING AND PUTTING GOOD INTO THE ECO SYSTEM! IMA KEEP SAYING AND DOING WHAT I WANT WITH MY ART. BECAUSE IMA F***IN ARTIST! Y'ALL CAN KEEP BEING FAKE OUTRAGED AND COMPLICIT WITH EVERYTHING ELSE."
 
LaRussell is handicapped by his lyricism. You can’t fully unpack deep philosophical ideas in just a few bars. I understand what LaRussell was trying to say, but when you’re dealing with concepts like divine origin, free will, and human behavior, you need a higher level of lyrical precision to communicate that clearly.

Many spiritual traditions teach that we all come from a divine source, but free will, environment, and personal choices shape how we actually live. The issue is putting people like Malcolm X and Epstein in the same sentence under the idea that “we’re all heaven-sent.” Malcolm fulfilled his purpose in a way that uplifted people, while Epstein represents the opposite. Grouping them together without clear distinction blurs it.

That’s where lyricism matters. When you’re speaking on heavy ideas, clarity is everything. Not every rapper has the ability to break down complex philosophy in a way that lands correctly. There’s a reason artists like Nas are held in a different category when it comes to depth and precision.
 
Sorry... I don't feel sorry for him.

what he did was lazy and was attention whoring.

It was not profound deep well thought out or anything.

He is getting exactly what he deserves

And his responses riddled with cursing and n words is proving it.
 
Last edited:
I respect him for standing by his art.
He is saying that we all start out pure but society and how we deal with the hand that we are dealt determines who we become. That's true.
I never heard of this guy before today.

I get what he was saying. People just don't like the delivery.
If Kendrick had said this, people would be more supportive.

I know Crank Lucas is somewhere going "You should have listened to your engineer!"
 
"The selective outrage and fake righteousness is a joke," he tweeted. "It's always US. Y'all been complicit in supporting serial killers, murderers, drug dealers, pimps, and n***as destroying they community for yeeeeaaaars!!!! But me saying God made me and he also made these sick a** n***as is where the line is drawn? CUT IT OUT. If you gone be outraged be outraged about it all! TURN THE MURDER MUSIC OFF AND EVERY OTHER DETRIMENTAL FORM OF ART YOU CONSUME! I'M ONE OF THE FEW N***AS IN THIS S**T SMILING AND PUTTING GOOD INTO THE ECO SYSTEM! IMA KEEP SAYING AND DOING WHAT I WANT WITH MY ART. BECAUSE IMA F***IN ARTIST! Y'ALL CAN KEEP BEING FAKE OUTRAGED AND COMPLICIT WITH EVERYTHING ELSE."
Yeah I think the point he was making was intentionally missed by people.
 
I think he was trying to prove no one starts out evil we all come from the same place. But that’s not what heaven sent is.

I like dude and don’t care about any of this but there are miserable and bored people online who don’t have anything to do…he riled up that part of the internet.
I'm not miserable, bored and I have things to do and it was dumb. He chose the wrong wording using "Heaven Sent".
 
LaRussell is handicapped by his lyricism. You can’t fully unpack deep philosophical ideas in just a few bars. I understand what LaRussell was trying to say, but when you’re dealing with concepts like divine origin, free will, and human behavior, you need a higher level of lyrical precision to communicate that clearly.

Many spiritual traditions teach that we all come from a divine source, but free will, environment, and personal choices shape how we actually live. The issue is putting people like Malcolm X and Epstein in the same sentence under the idea that “we’re all heaven-sent.” Malcolm fulfilled his purpose in a way that uplifted people, while Epstein represents the opposite. Grouping them together without clear distinction blurs it.

That’s where lyricism matters. When you’re speaking on heavy ideas, clarity is everything. Not every rapper has the ability to break down complex philosophy in a way that lands correctly. There’s a reason artists like Nas are held in a different category when it comes to depth and precision.
Thanks Ballatician, you said it better than I could.
There is nothing wrong with his initial concept, but you have to go deeper.
You need to explain the difference between a Malcolm X and Epstein.
 
Back
Top