“I was not contracted to any network or show. (think free agent in sports) Any crew hired, paid by me, the footage is mine,” she wrote in the caption. “My crew didn’t steal my footage. I don’t have ‘sets.’ I own all my properties.”
She added, of the footage, “Someone personal (not crew) had access, demanded $, I didn’t pay - here we are.”Her caption read, in part, “I am sorry. I am filled with remorse and regret, just as much as I was one second after that word was said 4 years ago in 2022.”
She then went on to claim viewers are “getting a limited view as what has been circulating is a clip of MY footage that was stolen then manipulated, edited and sold to s [sic] tabloid to coincide with my return to television only to create this chaos of hate, anger, disappointment."
“That was all my footage, my cameras, my house - it was not for HGTV, not for a show, no one would have ever seen the footage,” she continued, adding, “HGTV was not aware because it was shot on my own personal time, done and equipment.”