Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?


  • Total voters
    30
  • Poll closed .
Came across this new Space stock this morning. I will be diving into their financials...

York Space Systems - $YSS

York Space Systems, Inc. engages in providing a comprehensive suite of mission-critical solutions for national security, government, and commercial customers. It offers a vertically integrated, full technology stack of solutions including design, production, integration, and operation of spacecraft with turnkey offerings to manage spacecraft and constellations throughout the entire mission lifecycle. The company was founded by Dirk Wallinger in January 2012 and is headquartered in Denver, CO.

Dirk Wallinger's profile - https://www.titan100.biz/2023-colorado-titans/dirk-wallinger/



Buy when it drops 50% :yes:
 


Anthropic's Claude Cowork and Code Security has wrecked havoc on not just software stocks, but also financial analytics, cybersecurity and even payment technology companies.

High quality compounders like Mastercard ($MA), Palo Alto ($PANW), Visa (V), S&P Global ($SPGI) and Microsoft ($MSFT) are down double digits. Is this the end of these great companies or another great opportunity to buy them because of irrational fears? Find out in this video
 
The market's response to NVDA is a real head scratcher.

Wild, ain't it? Maybe the market makers are serious doubters of AI. The thing is, companies are spending money on it like no tomorrow. I still can't get over $78B in a quarter on mainly datacenter GPU business. And this is mostly cloud hyperscaler spend. On-premises private clouds, haven't really taken off yet...$$
 
The market's response to NVDA is a real head scratcher.
giphy.gif
 
@Aww Skeet Skeet! Are you invested in Global Founderies (GFS)?

They seem to be doing their own thing, not competing for the AI dollars. They are more focused on military/government, automotive, secure communications and space applications. They got 1.5B of the CHIPS act
 
@Aww Skeet Skeet! Are you invested in Global Founderies (GFS)?

They seem to be doing their own thing, not competing for the AI dollars. They are more focused on military/government, automotive, secure communications and space applications. They got 1.5B of the CHIPS act


I thought I might be indirectly invested with $GFS via SOXX or SMH, but don't think I am. I do know that $GFS was apart of $AMD at one point in time but was spun off because $AMD was close to bankruptcy. $AMD was contractually obligated to use them as a source of silicon but then pivoted to $TSM for the long term.

From what I know about $GFS is that they aren't trying to be a bleeding edge fabricator like $TSM/Samsung/$INTC. I tend to put them in the Texas Instruments ($TXN) category of foundry, but $TXN seems stronger overall.
 


Big investment themes are everywhere, from AI and defence to the energy transition and demographics. But how should investors actually approach them? In this video, I explore what thematic investing involves, why it has attracted so much attention, and how it compares with more traditional portfolio building. We look at the types of themes investors are drawn to today, how they can sit alongside a traditional core portfolio, and the key risks and trade-offs to think about before adding them.

Timestamps
00:00 Introduction
00:43 What Is Thematic Investing (and What It Isn’t)
02:36 Why Now Is an Interesting Moment for Themes
04:31 How Themes Should Fit in a Portfolio
07:18 Themes That Look Interesting Right Now
09:40 Why Thematic Investing Can Work
10:59 Why Thematic Investing Often Goes Wrong
12:25 Managing Expectations: Failure Is Part of the Process
13:33 Where Thematic Investing Really Fits
 
Back
Top