Byron Donalds faces racist attacks in Florida’s ugly GOP gubernatorial primary

southrue

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The Trump-loving congressman is running for governor against an opponent who has continually referred to him as a slave. And he’s getting a taste of his own medicine.​


Dec. 29, 2025, 3:51 PM EST
By Ja'han Jones

Florida’s Republican gubernatorial primary is getting ugly.

Ahead of next year’s election, nominees are trying to set themselves apart and demonstrate their political viability as they seek to outflank front-runner Byron Donalds, the staunch Trump loyalist who has received the president’s endorsement.

That desire has led to some eye-popping remarks from fellow GOP candidate James Fishback, who has continually resorted to one insult in particular to undermine Donalds: “slave.”

NBC News reported on Fishback’s ties to allies of Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis along with his controversial statements, including his claim that Donalds, who is Black, is a “slave” to “corporate interests” and “tech bros.” Last week, Fishback doubled and tripled down on his racist slur, telling Florida Politics that Donalds “has no right to complain” and shouldn’t be offended by the slur because, Fishback said, the representative’s ancestors weren’t enslaved in the United States.

His quote invoked themes popularized by some Black conservatives in the extremely online “American Descendants of Slaves” movement, who’ve sought to drive a wedge among Black people by differentiating those with recent immigrant histories from those without such history.

Per Florida Politics, Fishback said:

Byron Donalds is a tether. He is not an American descendant of slaves. So when he cries like he has over the last couple of weeks because I call him a slave to the (American Israeli Public Affairs Committee), a slave to corporate interests, a slave to the pro-immigration lobby that has hurt every race of Americans but has also hurt Black Americans who disproportionately work in food, hospitality, leisure, and customer service. He is in no position, has no right to be complaining about me calling him a slave when he has absolutely no direct descendant of slavery in his family. He’s from Panama. He’s from Belize. His dad’s from Jamaica.
On Friday, Fishback shared a story on social media about Donalds’ fundraising, with a caption that called Donalds a “SLAVE who was auctioned off for $31 million.”


Donalds’ office didn’t respond to MS NOW’s request for comment Monday on Fishback’s attacks.

Donalds is one of few Black Republicans in Congress, and he’s often made it his duty to downplay racism in American society, such as last year, when he whitewashed and romanticized the Jim Crow era as a period when “the Black family was together” and voted conservatively. As my former colleague Joy Reid explained to him around that time, the notion was absurd, considering many Black people weren’t allowed to vote at all during that time because of the whole racism thing.

In an ironic twist, Donalds is now facing the same sort of racist attacks he helped fuel against Vice President Kamala Harris during her presidential bid last year. After Trump and the conservative movement spread baseless misinformation that Harris wasn’t truly Black because she also boasts Indian heritage, Donalds downplayed the controversy and appeared to cast doubt himself on Harris’ Blackness.

Now, it appears he’s getting a taste of his own MAGA medicine as an opponent to his right flank attempts to pull his Black card and label him a “slave.”


 
Fuck that clown
Word









QRjeMS.jpg
 
Calling someone a tether? :eek2:

Homosexual immigrants like @ghoststrike @mcguyver and @NightMare Paint are going to report Fishback to the authorities
Who the fuck is Fishback? Everybody knows I'm from the fucking sticks of North Carolina you bisexual hemorrhoid. Calling me an immigrant just makes you sound extra stupid. If you want to ock me you gotta say some shit like how I'm the only nigga here who be eating (Dukes)mayonnaise on the regular or something. Some factual country nigga shit.

Why am I on your mind at all much less on a football Sunday?
 
Calling someone a tether? :eek2:

Homosexual immigrants like @ghoststrike @mcguyver and @NightMare Paint are going to report Fishback to the authorities

The trinity of user names that haunt you, even on football Sunday. Good :thumbsup:

Someone of your demographic calling anyone a "homosexual immigrant" is spot on projection, considering that the Major Party you often defend on here has so many gay scandals with lil boys in the news, and your MAGA folks were not the first on these lands, obviously, Fucktard.

As for your boy, Byron Donalds, as already predicted, when you roll around in the parasite-infested MAGA swamp, you get bit eventually.

Never fails...


Negrodamus on Make a GIF
 
Last edited:
What porn threads have you ever been in? Name one.

Who the fuck is Fishback? Everybody knows I'm from the fucking sticks of North Carolina you bisexual hemorrhoid. Calling me an immigrant just makes you sound extra stupid. If you want to ock me you gotta say some shit like how I'm the only nigga here who be eating (Dukes)mayonnaise on the regular or something. Some factual country nigga shit.

Why am I on your mind at all much less on a football Sunday?

Apparently, he's bewildered over why a MAGA GOP candidate would use a disparaging term (that White Nationalists created in the first place) against one of their designated "good blacks". Naming us OUT OF NOWHERE is a coping mechanism.
 
Who the fuck is Fishback? Everybody knows I'm from the fucking sticks of North Carolina you bisexual hemorrhoid. Calling me an immigrant just makes you sound extra stupid. If you want to ock me you gotta say some shit like how I'm the only nigga here who be eating (Dukes)mayonnaise on the regular or something. Some factual country nigga shit.

Why am I on your mind at all much less on a football Sunday?
...what's wrong with Dukes mayonnaise?!?!
 
47's downfall won't be from weak ass dems but...rebel reps that understand his damage to the u.s./world..

 
No surprise that he cheated on his black wife and got the bunny pregnant...... smdh

The order of the pictures had me thinking the opposite but I looked it up and you're right.


When Bisa Hall met fellow Florida A&M University freshman Byron Donalds on campus in 1996, she believed the future Congressman and Donald Trump vice-presidential short-lister was from another country.​
​
“He told me he was from Jamaica and he had a Jamaican accent — and he was cute,” Hall said. “Then the next time I saw him, the Jamaican accent was gone and he said he was from New York.”​
​
...​
​
At some point Hall became aware that Donalds was dating an FSU student named Erika Lees, who hailed from the relatively upscale coastal city of Naples in Southwest Florida. While Hall knew about Erika, she said Erika had no idea that Hall was Donalds’ wife.​
​
“He told her I was a friend and that I would pet-sit their cat,” said Hall. “So they brought the cat over — and that’s how I found out I was allergic to cats.”​
​
The relationship was serious, but Hall said sometime around Christmas 2002, Donalds came to her with a startling proposition: He wanted to rekindle their relationship. “He said, ‘[Erika] and I have split up, and I want to give it another chance — I want my wife back,’” she recalled.​
​
But a very short time later, after he made a trip to Naples, Donalds did another sharp u-turn, telling Hall they needed to divorce as soon as possible: “Long story short, turned out Erika was pregnant, and they had to hurry up and get married,” said Hall.​
​
Despite the fact that she’d asked him for a divorce before, the news “blindsided” her.​
​
“He said we have to petition to get our divorce expedited … and then he invites me to the wedding,” said Hall. “I thought it was gross.”​
​
Donalds also asked her to pay all the fees for the divorce, which she said she did with the caveat he’d pay her back when he could afford it. It was the last transaction of what she described as a largely transactional marriage.​
​
“We’ve been divorced for 20 years and he still hasn’t paid me back,” Hall said.​

This article is from 2024 so now I'm wondering how this was a scoop. :dunno:
 
The order of the pictures had me thinking the opposite but I looked it up and you're right.


When Bisa Hall met fellow Florida A&M University freshman Byron Donalds on campus in 1996, she believed the future Congressman and Donald Trump vice-presidential short-lister was from another country.​
​
“He told me he was from Jamaica and he had a Jamaican accent — and he was cute,” Hall said. “Then the next time I saw him, the Jamaican accent was gone and he said he was from New York.”​
​
...​
​
At some point Hall became aware that Donalds was dating an FSU student named Erika Lees, who hailed from the relatively upscale coastal city of Naples in Southwest Florida. While Hall knew about Erika, she said Erika had no idea that Hall was Donalds’ wife.​
​
“He told her I was a friend and that I would pet-sit their cat,” said Hall. “So they brought the cat over — and that’s how I found out I was allergic to cats.”​
​
The relationship was serious, but Hall said sometime around Christmas 2002, Donalds came to her with a startling proposition: He wanted to rekindle their relationship. “He said, ‘[Erika] and I have split up, and I want to give it another chance — I want my wife back,’” she recalled.​
​
But a very short time later, after he made a trip to Naples, Donalds did another sharp u-turn, telling Hall they needed to divorce as soon as possible: “Long story short, turned out Erika was pregnant, and they had to hurry up and get married,” said Hall.​
​
Despite the fact that she’d asked him for a divorce before, the news “blindsided” her.​
​
“He said we have to petition to get our divorce expedited … and then he invites me to the wedding,” said Hall. “I thought it was gross.”​
​
Donalds also asked her to pay all the fees for the divorce, which she said she did with the caveat he’d pay her back when he could afford it. It was the last transaction of what she described as a largely transactional marriage.​
​
“We’ve been divorced for 20 years and he still hasn’t paid me back,” Hall said.​

This article is from 2024 so now I'm wondering how this was a scoop. :dunno:
This shyt reads like a Tyler Perry movie!!!!
 
This article is from 2024 so now I'm wondering how this was a scoop. :dunno:
It's a scoop, because NOBODY cares about Byron!!! Also he is getting his ass handed to him by James Fishback. Byron is the living embodiment of the following meme:
APId3l.gif
 
The order of the pictures had me thinking the opposite but I looked it up and you're right.


When Bisa Hall met fellow Florida A&M University freshman Byron Donalds on campus in 1996, she believed the future Congressman and Donald Trump vice-presidential short-lister was from another country.​
​
“He told me he was from Jamaica and he had a Jamaican accent — and he was cute,” Hall said. “Then the next time I saw him, the Jamaican accent was gone and he said he was from New York.”​
​
...​
​
At some point Hall became aware that Donalds was dating an FSU student named Erika Lees, who hailed from the relatively upscale coastal city of Naples in Southwest Florida. While Hall knew about Erika, she said Erika had no idea that Hall was Donalds’ wife.​
​
“He told her I was a friend and that I would pet-sit their cat,” said Hall. “So they brought the cat over — and that’s how I found out I was allergic to cats.”​
​
The relationship was serious, but Hall said sometime around Christmas 2002, Donalds came to her with a startling proposition: He wanted to rekindle their relationship. “He said, ‘[Erika] and I have split up, and I want to give it another chance — I want my wife back,’” she recalled.​
​
But a very short time later, after he made a trip to Naples, Donalds did another sharp u-turn, telling Hall they needed to divorce as soon as possible: “Long story short, turned out Erika was pregnant, and they had to hurry up and get married,” said Hall.​
​
Despite the fact that she’d asked him for a divorce before, the news “blindsided” her.​
​
“He said we have to petition to get our divorce expedited … and then he invites me to the wedding,” said Hall. “I thought it was gross.”​
​
Donalds also asked her to pay all the fees for the divorce, which she said she did with the caveat he’d pay her back when he could afford it. It was the last transaction of what she described as a largely transactional marriage.​
​
“We’ve been divorced for 20 years and he still hasn’t paid me back,” Hall said.​

This article is from 2024 so now I'm wondering how this was a scoop. :dunno:

It's a scoop because the new wife pretty much confirmed what the ex-wife said was true......

But also she seems "proud" to admit that she was a dating an already married man
 
Back
Top