Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?


  • Total voters
    30
  • Poll closed .
DEEP DIVE on Silver



Bottom Line​

The bear case is real in the short term. Tax selling, margins, dollar—these can hit you.
But the structure underneath:
  • London backwardation at multi-decade extremes
  • Asia paying $10-14 premiums
  • China export restrictions starting in 5 days
  • Solar demand inelastic to $134
  • Copper substitution takes 4 years minimum
  • 72% of supply is byproduct (can’t just “mine more”)
  • Specs not crowded, ETFs accumulating metal, vol repriced
This is where it’s fun.
This is where it’s scary.
Position accordingly. Till next time.
 





gettyimages-2239386305.jpg
 
I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed throughout the thread but how do you all feel about ethical investing when it comes to companies like Palantir?
I've mentioned it a few times in this thread. I would be sitting pretty right now if I was feeling PLTR. :dunno:

My list of "I won't buy" stocks:
PLTR
TSLA
MMM
MARA
ASST
 
I've mentioned it a few times in this thread. I would be sitting pretty right now if I was feeling PLTR. :dunno:

My list of "I won't buy" stocks:
PLTR
TSLA
MMM
MARA
ASST
man that damn ASST stock.. i made some money on that up and down ride this summer.. i thought it had one more ride left....smh i loaded up again now i'm holding that bag...
 
I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed throughout the thread but how do you all feel about ethical investing when it comes to companies like Palantir?
100% agree with @HellBoy .....I have some exposure to those in a few ETFs, but I won't invest in them as individual stocks....Too many better companies that align with my overall blueprint when it comes to investing....
 
I'm wondering what's a good spot to jump in on Netflix....
image.png


Here is NFLX on the weekly chart. I am watching $94 to see if it can get above that resistance and hold for a week or so.

Other levels to consider:

$90.50 - 100 week moving average
$82.50 - 2 really strong bounces there
$70 - Long shot to drop that low without a major catalyst.

** Honestly, I wouldn't fault anyone who started buying (at least nibbling) now while its under $100.
 

Saks is preparing to file for bankruptcy in the coming weeks after missing an $100 million-plus interest payment on the debt it took on to buy Neiman Marcus.​


DIZDET5XEFI5VIQXJ2E364IHWI.jpg


Dec 31 (Reuters) - Saks Global is preparing to file for bankruptcy in the coming weeks after missing a debt payment tied to its Neiman Marcus acquisition, the Wall Street Journal said on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
The parent of high-end department store chain Saks Fifth Avenue failed to make an interest payment of over $100 million due on Tuesday on its bonds, and is in talks with its creditors to secure financing for the bankruptcy process, the report added.

Saks Global did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.
The company has been struggling to revive demand in the U.S. as rising inflation and a weakening labor market have curbed discretionary spending, including on luxury items.
Over the past year, the company was looking to sell a minority stake in luxury retailer Bergdorf Goodman to help reduce debt, a Saks Global spokesperson told Reuters in September.
During this period, it also aimed to raise cash through the sale of assets like a Beverly Hills property, the Wall Street Journal report said.
In August 2025, Saks Global completed a debt restructuring that included about $600 million in new money and an exchange of its $2.2 billion senior secured notes.

Hudson's Bay Company created the firm in July last year following its $2.65 billion acquisition of department store chain Neiman Marcus.
The move combined Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus and other luxury retail and real estate assets to better compete with department store operators such as Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's and Macy's.
The deal was funded by new investors such as Amazon, Authentic Brands Group, Salesforce and others, along with $2.2 billion in senior secured notes and an asset-based credit facility.


 
:idea:



$90.50 - 100 week moving average
$82.50 - 2 really strong bounces there
$70 - Long shot to drop that low without a major catalyst.

** Honestly, I wouldn't fault anyone who started buying (at least nibbling) now while its under $100.
If you really want it and have the money,
buy it by selling a put ( example the put 90 JAN 23 )
collect the premium or collect the stock
 
Back
Top