Superman to hit theaters, marking the start of the DCU - Batman movie THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD/Lars Eidinger cast as Brainiac for Man of Tomorrow

My fam and I watched it after work.
I am pleasantly surprised that it was good,
it wasn't great or groundbreaking but importantly it
didn't suck.

I like the premise of the storyline from each Act in this movie.
I am glad Gunn took his inspiration from the 2000s comic book version of Superman.

I like this new iteration of Superman. The actor exemplified the character of
Superman quite well.

I like this version of Lois Lane, the actress did an amazing job portrayal her character.
I haven't liked any versions of Lane from tv/movies since actress Margot Kidder.

Mr Terrific character was the treasure of the film. The actor uniquely brought to life

a complex comic book character and gave it substance. I can see a stand-alone for
his character in the future.

Lex Luthor, one of my favorite villains, was also surprising portrayed really well in this film.

Krypto the dog was good and entertaining. My lil ones can verify this point.

Even the character of Jimmy the reporter was cool. Not to give spoilers but when ol gurl
texted him, I said go head, you BIG OL PIMP. lol

My favorite THE WIRE/TREME actor Wendall Pierce is getting them checks recently.
Being the congressman in the Thunderbolts....[cough cough] The New Avengers movie
and his portrayal as Perry White the editor of the newspaper. OL BUNK is doing good for himself.


Here is what I didnt like. For the love of god, please stop putting green lantern on film. Not to give away
spoilers but after they defeated a certain creature, he walked up to the crowd and said loudly "HEEEYYYYYY!"
I was PISSED OFF TO THE MAXX. My wife had to calm me down, said babe its ok.
WHY! WHY do they have to THAT. James Gunn did an amazing job with the film but GAWD DAMN, NO
If its not John Stewart Green Lantern, I dont want it. I hate the actor that played Green Lantern.


Hawkgirl was just MEH.

I would give this movie a B+
well that kinda worked.. you're not supposed to necessarily "like" guy gardner he's an asshole that despite himself gets the job done.
 
I wasn't blown away by the film, but I didn't hate it either. Solid performances from David Corwenswet, Rachel Brosnahan, and Nicholas Hoult. I like that this version of Superman was definitely more emotional vs previous versions.

Mr. Terrific stole the show and I definitely want to see more of him.

I was cracking tf up at the monkeys posting rage bait on the internet!

Lol at Kara stumbling into the fortress after her latest interplanetary bender!
 
PRAISE: When the movie started it felt like i was entering a chapter in a comic book series well into it's story and it was apparent this was going to be a new take on Superman. Leaning into themes of how quickly or long before the world turns on Superman and a hero becomes an enemy,menace or someone the world should fear the movie does a great job displaying that theme. David Corenswet as Superman / Clark Kent / Kal-El steps into the red boots and does a great job . He has key scenes in which his sincerity,love for human beings....and animals is on full display. But also his frustrations when dealing with other hero's,how the world views some of his actions,and his relationship with Lois Lane. As Lois Lane
Rachel Brosnahan does a great job too. Not backing down from Superman / Clark Kent because she loves him. There are nice nods to the characters personality that i've seen in comics and various movies and TV shows over the years. There is good argumentative banter between her and Superman / Clark Kent but also displays of affection that hit all the right notes of the two characters. As Lex Luthor Nicholas Hoult also does quite well. He's still the genius and psychopath i've come to know over the years who is obsessed with blacklisting Superman but in this movie theres this additional Wall Street broker
vibe but instead of screaming Always Be Closing he's screaming Always be Punching !! Edi Gathegi as Michael Holt / Mr. Terrific is a standout as he laser focuses on the mission at hand. Sometimes the banter between him and the rest of The Justice Gang Guy Gardner/Green Lantern (Nathan Fillion, that bowl cut looks even odder on the big screen), and Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl (Isabela Merced) and it was fun to see their powers on display. Krypto has some good moments as well he may be a bit mischievous but he's always there for Superman as either a protector or caring pet. I never forgot i was watching a James Gunn movie. There's the humor and his love for comic book characters is fully on display. I did laugh at some of the situations and what happens visually in various moments. I liked how Gunn explained something about Superman that has been pondered over for many years,i couldnt help but say hey that was pretty good. As a fan of Superman of course Gunn is going to give Superman some epic action packed moments. I liked the darker tones that were added to the Superman legend. I definitely felt like i was watching live action episodes of the fairly new animated series My Adventures with Superman.




PROBLEMS: The movie actually drags a bit in the middle and i kept saying wow is the movie really going to stay in this mode for this amount of time? Some characters are underused and then some. It's as if the movie is saying oh yeah let's give them something to do in the last 30 minutes.Or lets make pay these characters a visit for a few minutes because i think we have to. Some of the CGI is off at times with far to many close ups. Some of the sillier moments accompanied with wacky visuals and silly songs definitely didnt work for me. A few predictable turns and one that will really standout to fans who know about DC comics multiple universes and the characters within them.I know they were trying to give individual characters stand out moments but I would have preferred more great banter between the characters.


The 1978 Superman movie is still my favorite Superman movie but i enjoyed this new take on Superman



Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½
I was thinking the same thing I don’t know if it was the middle or like 2/5 ths if the movie but yeah I was about to short this shit…..starts off great and ends great I don’t know what happened towards the middle…
 
I wasn't blown away by the film, but I didn't hate it either. Solid performances from David Corwenswet, Rachel Brosnahan, and Nicholas Hoult. I like that this version of Superman was definitely more emotional vs previous versions.

Mr. Terrific stole the show and I definitely want to see more of him.

I was cracking tf up at the monkeys posting rage bait on the internet!

Lol at Kara stumbling into the fortress after her latest interplanetary bender!
I haven’t been watching trailers so I didn’t know Mr Terrific had as big of a role as he did about out to him his character kept this shit in control. :lol:

I’m still mad how they did my boy in First Class….Gunn did him right here.
 
Gunn has shown us he’s a master at superhero teams from Guardians to Suicide Squad to this.

He’s a smart filmmaker. I don’t care for Superman. But he does a good job of humanizing him and making him interest and damn did he get his ass whooped in this movie.

I don’t think there is one character I don’t like but Gunn does that. He makes you like characters we shouldn’t.

I don’t have anything bad to say. Lois the character can be an annoying but she’s not here. Every character is a puzzle and it all fits perfect.

Movie does get a little slow around the middle as others have stated.

This is what a superhero movie is suppose to be. I’m suppose to want to go back to that universe with these characters.

Mr Terrific was dope. Easily the second best character here.
 
My fam and I watched it after work.
I am pleasantly surprised that it was good,
it wasn't great or groundbreaking but importantly it
didn't suck.

I like the premise of the storyline from each Act in this movie.
I am glad Gunn took his inspiration from the 2000s comic book version of Superman.

I like this new iteration of Superman. The actor exemplified the character of
Superman quite well.

I like this version of Lois Lane, the actress did an amazing job portrayal her character.
I haven't liked any versions of Lane from tv/movies since actress Margot Kidder.

Mr Terrific character was the treasure of the film. The actor uniquely brought to life

a complex comic book character and gave it substance. I can see a stand-alone for
his character in the future.

Lex Luthor, one of my favorite villains, was also surprising portrayed really well in this film.

Krypto the dog was good and entertaining. My lil ones can verify this point.

Even the character of Jimmy the reporter was cool. Not to give spoilers but when ol gurl
texted him, I said go head, you BIG OL PIMP. lol

My favorite THE WIRE/TREME actor Wendall Pierce is getting them checks recently.
Being the congressman in the Thunderbolts....[cough cough] The New Avengers movie
and his portrayal as Perry White the editor of the newspaper. OL BUNK is doing good for himself.

Here is what I didnt like. For the love of god, please stop putting green lantern on film. Not to give away
spoilers but after they defeated a certain creature, he walked up to the crowd and said loudly "HEEEYYYYYY!"
I was PISSED OFF TO THE MAXX. My wife had to calm me down, said babe its ok.
WHY! WHY do they have to THAT. James Gunn did an amazing job with the film but GAWD DAMN, NO
If its not John Stewart Green Lantern, I dont want it. I hate the actor that played Green Lantern.

Hawkgirl was just MEH.

I would give this movie a B+
Damn I forgot Wendell was in Thunderbolts getting DC and Marvel paper….
 
they're squabbling in the comments
hedemo-neyo-anta-no-kari-kikku.webp




 







#DCU’s #SUPERMAN scored historic MON for DC at #BoxOffice!
The film starring #DavidCorenswet directed by #JamesGunn grosses SUPER 12.9M on #5 BIGGEST MON in DC history (see below), with excellent -58.8% drop from SUN (vs #ThorLoveAndThunder’s 12.2M, -62.5%, #TheBatman’s 10.8M, -68.3%)

#2 BIGGEST MON of 2025, beating #Rebirth’s 11.7M, #CaptainAmerica4’s 11.2M holiday MON & #AMinecraftMovie’s 9.9M, only under #LiloAndStitch’s historic MemorialDay MON.

#8 BIGGEST MON EVER for a Solo CBM (see below)

SUPERMAN hits a 137.9M cume in the U.S. in just 4 days.

150M+ mark coming TONIGHT!

200M+ coming on SAT the latest!

BIGGEST MON For DC at US #BoxOffice:
#TheDarkKnight 24.5M, -43.8%
#TheDarkKnightRises 19.4M, -51.8%
#BatmanvSuperman 15M. -55.5%*
#SuicideSquad 13.1M, -56.5%
#SUPERMAN 12.9M, -58.8%
#ManOfSteel 12.6M, -65.3%
#WonderWoman 11.8M, -60.5%
#Aquaman 10.9M, -42.3%**
#TheBatman 10.8M, -68.3%
#Joker 9.7M, -60.2%

*Easter MON
** Christmas Eve MON

BIGGEST 1st MON for SOLO CBMs at US #BoxOffice:
#BlackPanther 40.1M
#NoWayHome 37.1M
#SpiderMan2 27.7M
#TheDarkKnight 24.5M
#Deadpool 19.8M
#TDKR 19.4M
#ShangChi 18.9M
#SUPERMAN 12.9M
#ManOfSteel 12.6M
#SpiderManHomecoming 12.2M
 
Saw that Superman flick this past weekend and thought that shit was trash. The tone was too goofy, the dog was annoying as fuck, Superman gets his ass kicked through most of the movie and a lot of shit just didn't logically make any sense. I gave it a chance because of James Gunn but he dropped the ball. I won't be back for drunk ass Supergirl. WTF! Back to Marvel for me.
 
Saw that Superman flick this past weekend and thought that shit was trash. The tone was too goofy, the dog was annoying as fuck, Superman gets his ass kicked through most of the movie and a lot of shit just didn't logically make any sense. I gave it a chance because of James Gunn but he dropped the ball. I won't be back for drunk ass Supergirl. WTF! Back to Marvel for me.
Bruh, if you hate goofy tone in Superhero movies, there ain't no possibly way you like Marvel movies. All they do the entire time is crack goofy jokes.

There is nothing in Superman more goofy than this shit..

 
Bruh, if you hate goofy tone in Superhero movies, there ain't no possibly way you like Marvel movies. All they do the entire time is crack goofy jokes.

There is nothing in Superman more goofy than this shit..


Just what was they thinking? Im goad thure coming to their senses and corrected their mistakes. Fantastic four wont be as horriboe as this. They can Only go up from here.
 
Saw that Superman flick this past weekend and thought that shit was trash. The tone was too goofy, the dog was annoying as fuck, Superman gets his ass kicked through most of the movie and a lot of shit just didn't logically make any sense. I gave it a chance because of James Gunn but he dropped the ball. I won't be back for drunk ass Supergirl. WTF! Back to Marvel for me.
@EPDC

@Mastermind2002 the joshi gooner has returned

this mother fucker is just a bad take machine, the king of Joshis and #1 hater of black women @Mastermind2002 strikes again. Lol
 
Bruh, if you hate goofy tone in Superhero movies, there ain't no possibly way you like Marvel movies. All they do the entire time is crack goofy jokes.

There is nothing in Superman more goofy than this shit..


@Mastermind2002 is an Asian woman worshipping, black women hating moron. He's an obsessed weirdo who goons to Asian female pro wrestling
this dude is so weird he got ran off the pro wrestling thread and we're all weird there lol
 
Bruh, if you hate goofy tone in Superhero movies, there ain't no possibly way you like Marvel movies. All they do the entire time is crack goofy jokes.

There is nothing in Superman more goofy than this shit..



I didn't like Thor: Love And Thunder and ALL Marvel movies aren't goofy. You can crack jokes but when the whole damn film is too lighthearted, I can't take it serious unless it's intended to be a comedy.
 
This is the best superman man movie. It's the best because it's the most Marvel like :lol:

Disney fucked up firing James Gunn because now he will make DC cool by using the same Marvel formula at DC.
 
This is the best superman man movie. It's the best because it's the most Marvel like :lol:

Disney fucked up firing James Gunn because now he will make DC cool by using the same Marvel formula at DC.

With the mixed reviews coming from this movie DC's future is shaky. But it did a zillion dollars. Yeah, based on name recognition (it's Superman) but will people be back in droves when Supergirl comes out? I won't.
 
Back
Top