Words and Phrases you are tired of hearing. GO!

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A youtuber keeps interrupting and diverting the conversation by saying, "just one more thing and then I'm a land my plane"...meaning stop talking/give someone else the floor.

Then he continues talking.

Please don't let "land my plane" catch on.

Smh
:lol: Yeah. I can’t listen to many of the ones I started with. Limited range and vocabulary. There’s one that says “at the end of the day” before every point he makes. I couldn’t after a while.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: Yeah. I can’t listen to many of the ones I started with. Limited range and vocabulary. There’s one that says “at the end of the day” before every point he makes. I couldn’t after a while.

There's an Atlanta city councilwoman who can NOT give a TV interview without inserting "at the end of the day".

It's a really unappealing indicator of her public speaking aptitude.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
"Cap"....when motherfuckers mean to say "Lie." This shit is annoying as fuck, especially when it's said by someone over the age of 35.

Just say the OG word you fucking idiots, it's literally the same length in syllables and letters.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Last week, I participated in a panel of other professionals to college students about "Overcoming imposter syndrome as a minority in STEM"

First off the only reason I even know what imposture syndrome is , was because it came up in some management training I had in a previous role, but I definitely felt like the old guy in the room with the phrases that were being thrown around

"Safe space"
"Give yourself grace"
"Intersectionality"

Of course, I had heard all these phrases before but I hadn't realized the amount of currency they had gained with this particular demographic.

I was the oldest person on the panel by at least 10 years and the only 1 who had really worked in corporate America and I felt like they were not preparing these kids for the real world if the expect this shit to serve them in a professional sense outside of an academic environment

That's what is so problematic about it. Sending people out there into the real world where these "safe" academic ideologies aren't applicable.

A youtuber keeps interrupting and diverting the conversation by saying, "just one more thing and then I'm a land my plane"...meaning stop talking/give someone else the floor.

Smh

Who is the YouTuber?

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's what is so problematic about it. Sending people out there into the real world where these "safe" academic ideologies aren't applicable.

Who is the YouTuber?

Guy who calls himself Real Rap. He chops it up on Boxing Conversations with Reggie Owens. Great channel but I disagree with some of the frequent guests.

Reggie Owens covers boxing, current events/geopolitics, financial topics, true crime, etc. Usually starts off on topic and then becomes Black issues of the day.

Great late night entertainment.

Recent livestreams:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Calling a presentation a Slidedeck when motherfuckers really mean to say PowerPoint....

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"To a man"

The talking heads on sports shows say this goofy shit all the time.

Also, "mid" is annoying as fuck!!!

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Last week, I participated in a panel of other professionals to college students about "Overcoming imposter syndrome as a minority in STEM"

First off the only reason I even know what imposture syndrome is , was because it came up in some management training I had in a previous role, but I definitely felt like the old guy in the room with the phrases that were being thrown around

"Safe space"
"Give yourself grace"
"Intersectionality"

Of course, I had heard all these phrases before but I hadn't realized the amount of currency they had gained with this particular demographic.

I was the oldest person on the panel by at least 10 years and the only 1 who had really worked in corporate America and I felt like they were not preparing these kids for the real world if the expect this shit to serve them in a professional sense outside of an academic environment
The thing about safe spaces, is that the people that complain the most about them, absolutely adore them. I got banned from conservative reddit channels and blocked by people on Twitter because I dared ask a followup question. There is a reason why Trump followers only watch Fox, OAN, Newsmax, and only get their news from right wing Facebook groups. It's a safe space to only hear and see things that make them comfortable.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Smh
Joe Budden has been saying that one for a while......

It's not gonna die soon

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We need to rename this thread as "Old Grumpy Men Complaining About The New Slang".

200w.gif

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My thought process might be off, but I think I dislike the term "bamas" even more than "niggas" ...I guess I'm desensitized to niggas since it's universal now but bamas is derogatory from Northern Black man to Southern Black man...just seems very unnecessarily offensive.

gw1933

Rising Star
Registered
Skeeyee
Standing on business
Kill (NY slang for smashing a chick)
On my momma

My thought process might be off, but I think I dislike the term "bamas" even more than "niggas" ...I guess I'm desensitized to niggas since it's universal now but bamas is derogatory from Northern Black man to Southern Black man...just seems very unnecessarily offensive.
Same thing with the term Yankee, which is often used by West indians to Black Americans, but sometimes it's Black folks in the South that call Northern Black people that word. It's super divisive, not to mention most Black people in the north are only a couple generations removed from their Southern roots.

Most Black people from the North that use terms like "Bama" are usually Black immigrants with little to no understanding/appreciation for the South. They often have condescending views towards them as well, and then Pan-Africanists expect us to hold hands with these folks, but that's another conversation for another thread.

Last edited:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Why you're triggered? Especially,when that person isn't considerate at all.

Why you're gaslighting me? Most people don't even know where the term came from.

I think I've said this in the thread but any variation of "my truth" or "his/her truth"

My personal favorite is when people call another person a "narcissist". That word is everywhere, especially among women.