DeSantis Doubles down and says Some Blacks Benefited from Slavery. BOTH FUCKING SIDES!!!!

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
But that's just the thing. You making shit up so you can justify your continued crazy talk.

Nobody is against the goals you're stating. Nobody said any of that. You're making it up. You also have no idea who tf you are talking to, I could be Dr Umar for am you know. So you are literally just making shit up.

Niggas are just trying to explain to you why the way you want to go about fixing it is flawed.
nope. just making excuses to not fight. I'm not wrong at all. It's not crazy. Crazy is giving your vote away and not getting shit. That's plain stupid. Arguing against that is insanity.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
that's you bruh. you don't want to deal with reality
I'm in the field every day. Idk what you do out here for us but plenty of folks on here know what I do.

But it's beside the point because you're doing everything in your power to avoid the actual information niggas are dropping on you. You have no substantive responses to any of it. Niggas hit you with real shit and all you got left is names and imagination.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
nope. just making excuses to not fight. I'm not wrong at all. It's not crazy. Crazy is giving your vote away and not getting shit. That's plain stupid. Arguing against that is insanity.
Busting your fists against a stone wall

Everybody ain't built to lead though. The problem is you'll fuck up the ranks w your dumb shit. You make the rest of us have to work harder to educate our kids on civics and political strategy.

Last edited:

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
are you slow? lose an election cycle. win the next cycle. you obviously don't push a bill during the 4 years of loss. They are using that time to get the black vote again and we make our demands before the next election.

just forget it bruh. you are just looking for excuses to get on your knees and service the white man for no gain.

here you go bruh. I'm sure your ancestors in Africa will be proud of you.

Reported

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know what... Work is pretty slow right now, I'll bite! What work is that? Now I have talked about creating a Black SuperPAC, getting Lobbyists to work both sides in our favor. (Be)Cause these politicians only listen to money. Until we get money out of politics this isn't gonna change. You have idea guys and you have people that make shyt happen. I am an ideas guy, pair me up with a motherfcuker that can make shyt happen and watch out!BE

You just want a savior that has all the answers and rather work for a white man to tell you what you want instead of demanding what you want like everyone else.

It's a slave mind from generation of black men and women scared to go against the white man and not make any noise. Sorry, it's the truth. Every other group operates on a position of power but instead of acknowledging this, you give our vote away without any leverage. Meanwhile, we got trannies saying they have periods too and you just signing up for that shit like it's normal. You're not black because you don't have the spirit and culture of our ancestors anymore. You're just a white man's pet used for entertainment and to gain more power.

DUDE!!! All you're doing here is talking shyt! 8 different people have talked about how government works. NOT ONCE HAVE YOU REFUTED OUR CLAIMS OF HOW GOVERNMENT WORKS! I can even relate if you said: 'FCUK ALL THAT LET'S JUST ROLL ON THEM LIKE THEY DID Jan-6!!!" Instead you said that we're scared of white men and blowing white men... Methinks the lady doth protest too much!!!

And you have yet to tell us what work we need to do!!! This is your moment! Prove that you're one of the Talented Tenth! Give us the knowledge that we clearly are lacking. Or is it that you haven't thought past not voting? Cause folks didn't vote for Hilary and put Trump in office did Biden give us anything? BEcause we didn't vote, so he should have been SO SHOOK that he made sure that he didn't welch on the shyt he promised. So please I welcome the opportunity to be wrong! In fact I LOVE it!!! Cause I think you're a moron and I don't like thinking that of people that look like me. So please show me that you have an idea of the work we should do after not voting. Fcuk a white savior, I will take a black savior everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. If you got the silver bullet, please...

But everybody else is demanding what they want right? So then how are those demands going? Demand in one hand and shyt in the other which one is gonna make other people do something?

I purposely spell shyt and fcuk the way I do.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
DUDE!!! All you're doing here is talking shyt! 8 different people have talked about how government works. NOT ONCE HAVE YOU REFUTED OUR CLAIMS OF HOW GOVERNMENT WORKS! I can even relate if you said: 'FCUK ALL THAT LET'S JUST ROLL ON THEM LIKE THEY DID Jan-6!!!" Instead you said that we're scared of white men and blowing white men... Methinks the lady doth protest too much!!!
He just posted a Trans nigga to try and win his argument. Why would a nigga that's straight have that on his Playlist?
:puke:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

To not fight? Fight what??!?! You've seen the movie Terminator right? In the future humans aren't going to win against the machines. It is a futile war, that ends in one way. So the humans think smarter and say we'll just go back in time before the machine has the power that it has and stop it. Killing Adolf in his crib type of scenario. You're the cat in the future that wants to keep fighting the robots. That thinks eventually we'll over take the machines that don't need to sleep or eat. When one dies can be easily replaced with a new one and sometimes a better model. Damage is repaired not healed. You think the humans can win if we just keep fighting. The cat that says: "FCUK THEM NERDS AND THEIR TIME MACHINE!! I got all we need right here and if we keep it my way, we'll win!" The fight has changed You want to rage against a machine that has drones that will bomb you without you even knowing that it is there and all you got is a shotgun. This way only ends with higher incarceration rates for people that look like us. Work smarter not harder. Fine, to you it looks like we're scared of white, but brother please believe that is FAR from the truth as West is as far from the East

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
yall crack me up. why you ediiting singing sissy when that is what the Democratic Party is promoting? You vote for that but then remove it because you don't like it. huh

Aren't you for the advancement of said sissies?

Make up your mind.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
To not fight? Fight what??!?! You've seen the movie Terminator right? In the future humans aren't going to win against the machines. It is a futile war, that ends in one way. So the humans think smarter and say we'll just go back in time before the machine has the power that it has and stop it. Killing Adolf in his crib type of scenario. You're the cat in the future that wants to keep fighting the robots. That thinks eventually we'll over take the machines that don't need to sleep or eat. When one dies can be easily replaced with a new one and sometimes a better model. Damage is repaired not healed. You think the humans can win if we just keep fighting. The cat that says: "FCUK THEM NERDS AND THEIR TIME MACHINE!! I got all we need right here and if we keep it my way, we'll win!" The fight has changed You want to rage against a machine that has drones that will bomb you without you even knowing that it is there and all you got is a shotgun. This way only ends with higher incarceration rates for people that look like us. Work smarter not harder. Fine, to you it looks like we're scared of white, but brother please believe that is FAR from the truth as West is as far from the East
if you scared say you scared bruh. Choose the easier route and get nothing. We have absolutely no leverage and you think you are going to get something lol

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
if you scared say you scared bruh. Choose the easier route and get nothing. We have absolutely no leverage and you think you are going to get something lol

Okay, so I am done. I asked you to show your work. What do we need to do and you skipped over that to jump to the post to tell me that I am scared and that the path of "CREATING A TIME MACHINE" is the easier path. We don't have any leverage cause we don't get on the same accord. You don't see Jews going back and forth like this! You go after one, rich or poor. They're ALL coming for you! Hey we want to get tangibles...lets build a museum! Setup a SuperPAC? Fcuk you, I'm donating to a fund that the person running it doesn't know what the fcuk he's doing. Buy some lobbyists? Nope, a school that takes 20 years to build.

So I'll be scared if that is what you think, let me know how your demands come along!

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Okay, so I am done. I asked you to show your work. What do we need to do and you skipped over that to jump to the post to tell me that I am scared and that the path of "CREATING A TIME MACHINE" is the easier path. We don't have any leverage cause we don't get on the same accord. You don't see Jews going back and forth like this! You go after one, rich or poor. They're ALL coming for you! Hey we want to get tangibles...lets build a museum! Setup a SuperPAC? Fcuk you, I'm donating to a fund that the person running it doesn't know what the fcuk he's doing. Buy some lobbyists? Nope, a school that takes 20 years to build.

So I'll be scared if that is what you think, let me know how your demands come along!
what the fuck are you talking about? I said how to do it. You're not making any sense.

Do I have every little detail figured out already as one man? No. Black people need to get together to plan, execute, and combine our thoughts so we can have leverage.

This is wrong with you slave minded negros. You want a savior. Your white daddy isn't going to help you. Hasn't for 70+ years. Then you turn around and expect one man that wants to you to break free from the chains to have all the answers already just because you are too scared to stop sucking white dick to join.

A vote that they know they will get is a useless vote. You need to make your vote give you something. Continuing to do the same thing does nothing and then you claim I'm the idiot for trying to give black people leverage. What an idiot! Now let's go waste our vote.

Y'all niggas deserve everything you get while our women become thots, it gets celebrated, and trannies and gays running your shit.

Your ancestors are shaking their heads as the men of our race has gone away.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
what the fuck are you talking about? I said how to do it. You're not making any sense.

Do I have every little detail figured out already as one man? No. Black people need to get together to plan, execute, and combine our thoughts so we can have leverage.

This is wrong with you slave minded negros. You want a savior. Your white daddy isn't going to help you. Hasn't for 70+ years. Then you turn around and expect one man that wants to you to break free from the chains to have all the answers already just because you are too scared to stop sucking white dick to join.

A vote that they know they will get is a useless vote. You need to make your vote give you something. Continuing to do the same thing does nothing and then you claim I'm the idiot for trying to give black people leverage. What an idiot! Now let's go waste our vote.

Y'all niggas deserve everything you get while our women become thots, it gets celebrated, and trannies and gays running your shit.

Finally. Admission that you don't have a plan just a general idea of what you think will work. It took several pages, and I'm sure it wasn't on purpose, but thank God we finally got here.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now black folks need to get together to plan and combine our fucking thoughts

Can't take niggas like this into battle

See this is the problem. You can't exclude people cause then they splinter off and fcuk up the movement. You can't keep them along cause they always get voted against and they feel like you aren't moving at the pace the movement should so they end up splintering off and still fcuking up the movement!!!

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Okay so I know I said I was done, but you said: "No. Black people need to get together to plan, execute, and combine our thoughts so we can have leverage." You have done nothing but disagree with the majority of everybody in this thread. ANY plan that people came up with, it wasn't like yours so you not only shytted on the plan, but the person as well. So coming together, planning and combining thoughts are impossible with you. Is my plan the say all and be all? Of course not! But I can admit a better plan when presented and follow that plan. I at least have a credible plan that works in todays society. You just have slogans: 'white daddy isn't gonna help you', 'break free from the chains'. You say you said it, but still have yet to say it. But I got your ass to admit you haven't a clue of what to do.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Okay so I know I said I was done, but you said: "No. Black people need to get together to plan, execute, and combine our thoughts so we can have leverage." You have done nothing but disagree with the majority of everybody in this thread. ANY plan that people came up with, it wasn't like yours so you not only shytted on the plan, but the person as well. So coming together, planning and combining thoughts are impossible with you. Is my plan the say all and be all? Of course not! But I can admit a better plan when presented and follow that plan. I at least have a credible plan that works in todays society. You just have slogans: 'white daddy isn't gonna help you', 'break free from the chains'. You say you said it, but still have yet to say it. But I got your ass to admit you haven't a clue of what to do.
Them lil sayings require minimal intellectual effort. Hence the two main issues at hand.

-niggas are intellectually lazy and too easily influenced by bs

-niggas inability to check ego will not allow for course correction

Like I said, there was a time when not knowing meant not speaking. Listening and learning. There was a time when we were the smart ones.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Get ready for the predictable name calling and insults that you’re dumb and worship white people. Of course everybody else is dumb or an idiot blah blah. This shit has been re hashed like 50 times every election cycle by the same handful of retards. Why do y’all take the bait everytime?

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Get ready for the predictable name calling and insults that you’re dumb and worship white people. Of course everybody else is dumb or an idiot blah blah. This shit has been re hashed like 50 times every election cycle by the same handful of retards. Why do y’all take the bait everytime?
They're literally lockstep in here. They repeat the same words and phrases.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
They're literally lockstep in here. They repeat the same words and phrases.
They all hate fags too but behave like faggot lovers always @i g each other for back up. Ole Vito Pence leather chaps wearing closet faggits .

sopranos-vito.gif

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

COLIN SITCHOAZZ DOWN. That applies twice for you @Dr. Truth

:colin:

I was going to do this later, and I've said most of this elsewhere in the past, but now lets go over non voting as a strategy vs a wing and a prayer, and why just general not voting would not be effective. Also keep in mind, voting is not the be all and end all of everything. There's not one single entity running all things, though the GOP tends to mimic the worst policies they can come up with every place they can. Each city and state has different laws and cultures. Voting dem doesn't mean everything is rosy. It doesn't mean everyone is 100% in agreement. You still have people within the party who are anti Black, anti woman, anti gay, anti immigrant, pro police over citizens. Not everyone is of one like mind or a hive. However, in general, dem policies will be more beneficial to black people and ALL Americans, than GOP policies. I can understand if people don't see voting dem as progress, but the important thing is that we don't lose any progress. You can still vote dem to keep the worst of the GOP at bay AND still organize or do black specific out reach/upliftment via third party/non government outlets.

Regarding non voting: For starters, even though black folks are second in the percentage of us who vote, above Hispanic and Asian and behind white folks, the PERCEPTION is that we don't vote. Obama years 2008 is the first year our voting number was on par with white folks and I think in 2012 we surpassed them percentage wise. Then it dropped again. So the rhetoric is that there is voter apathy or that you can't get black voters to come out on a consistent basis without a black candidate (Which BGOL don't vote crew says is pandering or white libs in blackface). Sitting out is seen as apathy, not punishment, and people will assume black folks are unreliable instead of strategic. So we may get courted, but most likely we just get written off and others sought to replace us as a reliable voting block. Secondly, it's what the GOP wants. Not voting helps white supremacy achieve their goals. They are passing laws to stop black folks from voting. Not Asians. Only Hispanics in the sense that they are using them as a boogeyman to say dems have illegals voting for them, but they are just collateral damage, not the primary target. Not voting helps racists achieve THEIR goals.

Not voting is not strategic. Voting for a third party who can't win is not strategic. Voting is currency. In order to get something, you have to spend/invest it in a candidate. It can't be banked to grow interest. Holding it does nothing but leave it for the moths to eat. To send a message, you don't SIT OUT, you spend your money elsewhere (cast your vote for another or back your own candidate.) Now don't get happy and say that is what you are suggesting, so I just agreed with you. The problem is, the non voting/third party voting as strategy advocates aren't following the concept fully or at the right times.

We are past the days when sane republicans existed, so WHEN you do this matters, so as not to concede power to the GOP. The Tea Party gave us the blue print for this years ago, and they still have members in congress making headaches for the GOP and the rest of us under the name of the Freedom Caucus, but we aren't as engaged/committed or organized as they are. When they had a candidate that they wanted to put pressure on, they gave them notice. (Giving notice is telling the candidate directly, not fussing and moaning on twitter and other social media.) Then if they didn't comply with whatever demand they had, the Tea Party primaried them with their own candidate to make them work for it, BUT IF THEIR CANDIDATE LOST, THEY STILL VOTED FOR THE GOP CANDIDATE IN THE GENERAL. They didn't sit out or let a dem gain power. Many times they won and unseated the establishment candidate. AND THEY HAD THE GROUND GAME/ORGANIZATION/CONSENSUS OF OTHER VOTERS ALL ON THE SAME PAGE, SO IT WASN'T AN EMPTY THREAT.

So vet the nominee, get their promises and commitments. Monitor for progress, keep the pressure on, and if they don't keep their commitments or show no evidence of trying to bring them to pass, then primary them and pull support. Set an example so the next candidate doesn't make the same mistake. But, if they win the primary anyway, vote for them to maintain dems in power and primary them again next cycle. We stop at the first step and then complain. It has to start EARLY and we have to get qualified candidates ready to primary EARLY. I've said before, candidates don't have to be our friends to work our agenda. They don't have to like us or we them. If they won't do the right thing because it is right, then they can be forced to do the right thing, because it is in their interest and benefits them to do so. (Keeping their job). You should know by the end of the first year whether or not someone is trying to keep their promises. Sitting out, especially midterms when all the racists vote, isn't the answer. That's how all the crazy candidates get elected.

Now the above scenario is how it would work, AS STRATEGY, in an ideal world. The REALITY is we don't PRESENTLY have the organization to pull this off to where the candidate is getting the message and able to notice and measure the effects (votes going for the other candidate in great numbers, having a candidate to primary them to begin with). So just telling people to sit out and not vote isn't going to have the intended effect that you want it to have. Ideally, we would also be able to get white voters or other PoC on board, as black folks are a subset of dem voters, and unless they are in an area with a significant black population, even an organized campaign of non voting or third party would not necessarily be NOTICED.

IF IT'S NOT NOTICED, RECOGNIZED BY OTHERS/THE INTENDED TARGET AS STRATEGY IN AN ORGANIZED EFFORT, AND MEASURABLE, IT WON'T HAVE THE INTENDED EFFECT.

Furthermore, everyone wants to complain about what other groups get, but we don't act and organize like other groups. Other groups court both dems and GOP. THEY GIVE MONEY to candidates and superpacs. They apply pressure year round, not only during campaign season. They have publicized scorecards for how they vote on their issues. They write letters to candidates and show up at town halls. They lobby year round. But they don't give up voting because that gives up power. Voting is just a step in the process, not the only step or action taken. I've shared before that I was looking for a black superpac and couldn't find one to give to. I found one mention of one and couldn't figure out how to donate. The closest thing to one is color of change, but they aren't really a superpac and deal with various issues. Someone gave me black Americas political action comittee, but that is for black conservatives. bampac.org.

In the current political atmosphere, we don't have the luxury of sitting out like we did before. With the gutting of the voting rights act, when the GOP gets in power, they craft and execute ways to diminish our vote, gerrymander areas, and will pay little to no penalty for it. If we sit out and the GOP gains control, by the time people decide to get back in the game, then they have to have 3-4x the dem vote to equal the political power of 1x the GOP vote. We saw this with Obama and the midterms. Dems lost and it took until Trump to get a majority in congress again and that didn't last long. A DECADE of progress lost because (primarily white) dems sat out.

IN GA 50,000 majority black registrations were held by Kemp. If you mom named you De'Asia and someone entered the name as De Asia or DeAsia on some public record at some time, you were SOL, and the GOP SoS Kemp had carte blanche to do what he wanted. All the legal actions came too late. HOWEVER, had we voted dem and kept power in states instead of losing governorship's, then our vote wouldn't be diluted or suppressed. Medicaid would be expanded. We wouldn't have had a lawsuit trying to end protections for preexisting conditions and the ACA. We'd have liberals on the Supreme Court so likely still have Roe vs Wade and affirmative action. We wouldn't have had the GOP doing like they did in Ohio exempting white areas from work requirements to get food stamps, while black area's even with higher unemployment rates, still had to be subject to them. Who is in power determines how much we get fucked over. If nothing else, letting them win is letting the racist rhetoric that Trump has popularized win and influence others because they see there are no consequences for it. Why help white supremacy spread? DeSantis is following his racist playbook and trying to expand it, because it worked for Trump. Why shouldn't other white folks be emboldened to do exactly what he did?

Alabama was ordered to redo their maps and they said eff the SCOTUS.

It's being reported that this is planned to get the case back to the SCOTUS to further erode black rights, and we have three justices appointed by Trump instead of Hillary because the no vote/third party votes couldn't discern the danger Trump posed and failed to heed the warnings of those who did.

White folks are playing the long game, actually crafting and passing shady legislation designed to make it to the SCOTUS to erode our rights, pass their agenda, and keep their power consolidated, yet we have folks who just want to punish dems because they aren't moving fast enough on reparations or some ONLY black agenda, when they can't even get main stream agendas like voting rights passed, which would help save their own jobs because THEY DON'T HAVE THE VOTES. Also I'm in a red state, but I'm in the midwest. The don't vote message is probably only going to resonate with black folks in safe blue areas or with people who don't understand how government works. If you get a chance, check out this space, at least the five minutes from about the 58 min mark until Nikki Barnes finishes speaking around 1:03. She lit a user named Koala Masala up.

It's not about a white savior. I vote partly to keep the GOP out of my business and so we don't have a party in power actively putting obstacles in front of black folks. Many don't vote advocates are making a conflict where there doesn't have to be one. Why are the don't vote crew so investing in what someone ELSE has to physically do? Many don't believe in supporting dems or the GOP, but they can't stay out of political threads or stop shitting on dems to save their own lives. If you think all the parties are trash and work needs to be done without them, what is stopping the work from still getting done? Work as though they don't exist. It doesn't have to be either/or, it can be both/and. Black folks have always worked outside the system as it sought to change and influence the existing one. No one is stopping you or anyone else. Why waste time focusing on stopping people from voting?They can vote and still seek solutions that don't involve government entities. Voting is one or two days out of a year. There are still over 360 days for other actions. What plans and actionable steps are you taking during the rest of the year? Check out Sandy Darity's twitter page to see people taking actual steps toward reparations. https://twitter.com/SandyDarity

@sammyjax seriously listen to that same five minutes if not the entire space. I'm convinced some of the speakers were BGOL members. :colin: :colin::colin::colin::colin:.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
COLIN SITCHOAZZ DOWN. That applies twice for you @Dr. Truth

I was going to do this later, and I've said most of this elsewhere in the past, but now lets go over non voting as a strategy vs a wing and a prayer, and why just general not voting would not be effective. Also keep in mind, voting is not the be all and end all of everything. There's not one single entity running all things, though the GOP tends to mimic the worst policies they can come up with every place they can. Each city and state has different laws and cultures. Voting dem doesn't mean everything is rosy. It doesn't mean everyone is 100% in agreement. You still have people within the party who are anti Black, anti woman, anti gay, anti immigrant, pro police over citizens. Not everyone is of one like mind or a hive. However, in general, dem policies will be more beneficial to black people and ALL Americans, than GOP policies. I can understand if people don't see voting dem as progress, but the important thing is that we don't lose any progress. You can still vote dem to keep the worst of the GOP at bay AND still organize or do black specific out reach/upliftment via third party/non government outlets.

Regarding non voting: For starters, even though black folks are second in the percentage of us who vote, above Hispanic and Asian and behind white folks, the PERCEPTION is that we don't vote. Obama years 2008 is the first year our voting number was on par with white folks and I think in 2012 we surpassed them percentage wise. Then it dropped again. So the rhetoric is that there is voter apathy or that you can't get black voters to come out on a consistent basis without a black candidate (Which BGOL don't vote crew says is pandering or white libs in blackface). Sitting out is seen as apathy, not punishment, and people will assume black folks are unreliable instead of strategic. So we may get courted, but most likely we just get written off and others sought to replace us as a reliable voting block. Secondly, it's what the GOP wants. Not voting helps white supremacy achieve their goals. They are passing laws to stop black folks from voting. Not Asians. Only Hispanics in the sense that they are using them as a boogeyman to say dems have illegals voting for them, but they are just collateral damage, not the primary target. Not voting helps racists achieve THEIR goals.

Not voting is not strategic. Voting for a third party who can't win is not strategic. Voting is currency. In order to get something, you have to spend/invest it in a candidate. It can't be banked to grow interest. Holding it does nothing but leave it for the moths to eat. To send a message, you don't SIT OUT, you spend your money elsewhere (cast your vote for another or back your own candidate.) Now don't get happy and say that is what you are suggesting, so I just agreed with you. The problem is, the non voting/third party voting as strategy advocates aren't following the concept fully or at the right times.

We are past the days when sane republicans existed, so WHEN you do this matters, so as not to concede power to the GOP. The Tea Party gave us the blue print for this years ago, and they still have members in congress making headaches for the GOP and the rest of us under the name of the Freedom Caucus, but we aren't as engaged/committed or organized as they are. When they had a candidate that they wanted to put pressure on, they gave them notice. (Giving notice is telling the candidate directly, not fussing and moaning on twitter and other social media.) Then if they didn't comply with whatever demand they had, the Tea Party primaried them with their own candidate to make them work for it, BUT IF THEIR CANDIDATE LOST, THEY STILL VOTED FOR THE GOP CANDIDATE IN THE GENERAL. They didn't sit out or let a dem gain power. Many times they won and unseated the establishment candidate. AND THEY HAD THE GROUND GAME/ORGANIZATION/CONSENSUS OF OTHER VOTERS ALL ON THE SAME PAGE, SO IT WASN'T AN EMPTY THREAT.

So vet the nominee, get their promises and commitments. Monitor for progress, keep the pressure on, and if they don't keep their commitments or show no evidence of trying to bring them to pass, then primary them and pull support. Set an example so the next candidate doesn't make the same mistake. But, if they win the primary anyway, vote for them to maintain dems in power and primary them again next cycle. We stop at the first step and then complain. It has to start EARLY and we have to get qualified candidates ready to primary EARLY. I've said before, candidates don't have to be our friends to work our agenda. They don't have to like us or we them. If they won't do the right thing because it is right, then they can be forced to do the right thing, because it is in their interest and benefits them to do so. (Keeping their job). You should know by the end of the first year whether or not someone is trying to keep their promises. Sitting out, especially midterms when all the racists vote, isn't the answer. That's how all the crazy candidates get elected.

Now the above scenario is how it would work, AS STRATEGY, in an ideal world. The REALITY is we don't PRESENTLY have the organization to pull this off to where the candidate is getting the message and able to notice and measure the effects (votes going for the other candidate in great numbers, having a candidate to primary them to begin with). So just telling people to sit out and not vote isn't going to have the intended effect that you want it to have. Ideally, we would also be able to get white voters or other PoC on board, as black folks are a subset of dem voters, and unless they are in an area with a significant black population, even an organized campaign of non voting or third party would not necessarily be NOTICED.

IF IT'S NOT NOTICED, RECOGNIZED BY OTHERS/THE INTENDED TARGET AS STRATEGY IN AN ORGANIZED EFFORT, AND MEASURABLE, IT WON'T HAVE THE INTENDED EFFECT.

Furthermore, everyone wants to complain about what other groups get, but we don't act and organize like other groups. Other groups court both dems and GOP. THEY GIVE MONEY to candidates and superpacs. They apply pressure year round, not only during campaign season. They have publicized scorecards for how they vote on their issues. They write letters to candidates and show up at town halls. They lobby year round. But they don't give up voting because that gives up power. Voting is just a step in the process, not the only step or action taken. I've shared before that I was looking for a black superpac and couldn't find one to give to. I found one mention of one and couldn't figure out how to donate. The closest thing to one is color of change, but they aren't really a superpac and deal with various issues. Someone gave me black Americas political action comittee, but that is for black conservatives. bampac.org.

In the current political atmosphere, we don't have the luxury of sitting out like we did before. With the gutting of the voting rights act, when the GOP gets in power, they craft and execute ways to diminish our vote, gerrymander areas, and will pay little to no penalty for it. If we sit out and the GOP gains control, by the time people decide to get back in the game, then they have to have 3-4x the dem vote to equal the political power of 1x the GOP vote. We saw this with Obama and the midterms. Dems lost and it took until Trump to get a majority in congress again and that didn't last long. A DECADE of progress lost because (primarily white) dems sat out.

IN GA 50,000 majority black registrations were held by Kemp. If you mom named you De'Asia and someone entered the name as De Asia or DeAsia on some public record at some time, you were SOL, and the GOP SoS Kemp had carte blanche to do what he wanted. All the legal actions came too late. HOWEVER, had we voted dem and kept power in states instead of losing governorship's, then our vote wouldn't be diluted or suppressed. Medicaid would be expanded. We wouldn't have had a lawsuit trying to end protections for preexisting conditions and the ACA. We'd have liberals on the Supreme Court so likely still have Roe vs Wade and affirmative action. We wouldn't have had the GOP doing like they did in Ohio exempting white areas from work requirements to get food stamps, while black area's even with higher unemployment rates, still had to be subject to them. Who is in power determines how much we get fucked over. If nothing else, letting them win is letting the racist rhetoric that Trump has popularized win and influence others because they see there are no consequences for it. Why help white supremacy spread? DeSantis is following his racist playbook and trying to expand it, because it worked for Trump. Why shouldn't other white folks be emboldened to do exactly what he did?

Alabama was ordered to redo their maps and they said eff the SCOTUS.

It's being reported that this is planned to get the case back to the SCOTUS to further erode black rights, and we have three justices appointed by Trump instead of Hillary because the no vote/third party votes couldn't discern the danger Trump posed and failed to heed the warnings of those who did.

White folks are playing the long game, actually crafting and passing shady legislation designed to make it to the SCOTUS to erode our rights, pass their agenda, and keep their power consolidated, yet we have folks who just want to punish dems because they aren't moving fast enough on reparations or some ONLY black agenda, when they can't even get main stream agendas like voting rights passed, which would help save their own jobs because THEY DON'T HAVE THE VOTES. Also I'm in a red state, but I'm in the midwest. The don't vote message is probably only going to resonate with black folks in safe blue areas or with people who don't understand how government works. If you get a chance, check out this space, at least the five minutes from about the 58 min mark until Nikki Barnes finishes speaking around 1:03. She lit a user named Koala Masala up.

It's not about a white savior. I vote partly to keep the GOP out of my business and so we don't have a party in power actively putting obstacles in front of black folks. Many don't vote advocates are making a conflict where there doesn't have to be one. Why are the don't vote crew so investing in what someone ELSE has to physically do? Many don't believe in supporting dems or the GOP, but they can't stay out of political threads or stop shitting on dems to save their own lives. If you think all the parties are trash and work needs to be done without them, what is stopping the work from still getting done? Work as though they don't exist. It doesn't have to be either/or, it can be both/and. Black folks have always worked outside the system as it sought to change and influence the existing one. No one is stopping you or anyone else. Why waste time focusing on stopping people from voting?They can vote and still seek solutions that don't involve government entities. Voting is one or two days out of a year. There are still over 360 days for other actions. What plans and actionable steps are you taking during the rest of the year? Check out Sandy Darity's twitter page to see people taking actual steps toward reparations. https://twitter.com/SandyDarity

@sammyjax seriously listen to that same five minutes if not the entire space. I'm convinced some of the speakers were BGOL members. :colin: :colin::colin::colin::colin:.

WOW... I just started listening and the girl speaking about PSYOP trying to dismantle any progressive movements for blacks is interesting.....

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
WOW... I just started listening and the girl speaking about PSYOP trying to dismantle any progressive movements for blacks is interesting.....

They do spaces all the time, but I don't have 3-5 hours to listen to them on a regular basis. Nikki has one going now but its not being recorded.

All these folks usually do regular political spaces. Follow them so you get the notices with trending topics. You will hear a lot of good speakers who end up being good follows also.

Nikki

Chris. (Trigger warning: He's gay)

Uncle Luke

D