The Board upgrade is complete - 4-13-2023

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
So what's the difference between this board and the last version? I don't see any notable difference except the dark theme is down(temporarily).

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Yeah, on a mobile browser there used to be a "preview post" button next to the "post reply" button which would allow you to see how your post would look before anyone could see it.

Camille explained that the function is now handled by the paper and magnifying glass icon in the upper right.
Glad she answered, I didn't understand the question.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
So what's the difference between this board and the last version? I don't see any notable difference except the dark theme is down(temporarily).
I'll list everything for you later on, but just think of it like this.

You have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and you love it, hell it still works OK,
but you start to notice that new apps are not compatible with your phone
and when they are compatible they don't perform as fast as you like.

You don't want to upgrade, but you just have to.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
I'll list everything for you later on, but just think of it like this.

You have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and you love it, hell it still works OK,
but you start to notice that new apps are not compatible with your phone
and when they are compatible they don't perform as fast as you like.

You don't want to upgrade, but you just have to.
Gotcha

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
I got an itchy rating finger my dude... :yes:

:lol:

I understand, I'm going to install the Ratings plugin tomorrow morning. When the board went down a few days ago, it was a plugin install that screwed everything up.

We know what went wrong, we just have to correct the problem, then do the install.

We will do the new ratings plugin install tomorrow morning, so if the board does go down again we won't lose but 1 or 2 hours of data.
The board backs up every morning at 5:15 am est

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Yooo... We have been upgraded.

Do you we have Drag and Drop powers now?

Drag and Drop is fucking back.....

And So is the fappenning.... I've been holding out because I couldn't just drag and drop shit like i could.

After all these years..... The Chains are finally off... I'm Unleashed..

Goliath Gargoyles GIF - Goliath Gargoyles Disneyafternoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Yo, since the update happened, the forum doesn't look right with it being black and white when I had it on dark mode.

I appreciate the hard work that you're doing.

I had to change the settings.

Last edited:

bkqns718

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Much appreciated for your efforts. Just a heads up you might need to look if there is a issue with dark mode being enabled.... im getting weird colors

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
^^Dark mode needs to me upgraded. You have to switch to Xenforo Default at the bottom left.

Default got me looking at the screen like JR lol

jr-smith.gif
When you said that, that's when things got back into place using default mode but that dark mode does have everything out of place.

I know I wasn't the only one tripping. :D

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
If any of you use opera browser it has a night mode that will make it black. In fact most browsers have a night or dark mode built in now.
I'll try that because I never used that browser before.

I like dark mode because it's easy on the eyes because that default mode makes me dizzy. :D

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Ok, that would work for now until it's back to normal with us being able to use dark theme on the board.

Actually this one looks better. If you go under settings and choose dark mode, you can choose to force dark web pages.