Deion Sanders offered the Colorado job- Official Colorado season thread

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
My boy at Auburn said he won’t be shock if Colorado is ranked in the top 25 once the rankings are dropped… if they continue down this path

Deion said this weekend will be huge

Flipped another one

587-B76-DC-780-C-4-A0-C-AA2-A-6754-EF818165.jpg
98-AB3-F7-F-869-E-4-C42-B68-E-00543-E1-D2-D87.jpg

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I tell you one thing, this will be the first time I EVER will be tuned in to watch a spring game of a school that wasn't in the South thats for sure. lol

My cousin stay out in Colorado Springs, hell when i go to see him, i'm going to drive to boulder to take my Own visit.....:yes:

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My boy at Auburn said he won’t be shock if Colorado is ranked in the top 25 once the rankings are dropped… if they continue down this path

Deion said this weekend will be huge

Flipped another one

587-B76-DC-780-C-4-A0-C-AA2-A-6754-EF818165.jpg
98-AB3-F7-F-869-E-4-C42-B68-E-00543-E1-D2-D87.jpg

Just seen this on YouTube, man by February Deion might have Colorado in the Top 5 for recruiting lol.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Auburn connect said he think it will be top 5 just from portal
:itsawrap: :itsawrap: :itsawrap: :itsawrap:

he said that when the news broke that he was taking the job…

before all the hiring of coaches etc

He has time to recruit and sign a good amount of players. A while till summer ball. I'm excited to see what he can do with the coaches. He is making some good hires.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Pate makes a great point how he was talking to these "kids". They are the same age as most Military when they first go into Basic Training and this is mild compared to what those NCOs tell them. Man, i know I'm not that good, but i'm going to check to see if i have some eligibility left to go play for Coach Prime... :lol:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its Prime.

Like you asked me earlier0

You know that right?
Haha funny...

To give a real world analogy...it would be like if mj coach a g league team to winning record and a couple of trophies then after 3 years said I'm moving on to coach the worst team in the NBA...

Would that get the same level of hype nationally?

I'm just wondering if we're witnessing some kind of positive feedback loop kinda like mass hysteria.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Honest question.... is all this hoopla a bit too much hype....seriously,?

You have to understand, this is Deion

he’s about greatness to umtenth power

Many of us don’t mind sitting back and enjoying the ride…

I rather this than them tearing down Kyrie or hearing about Brittany…

I love hearing the stories about dude hiring his friends who been with him for more than 20 years. They now get to benefit for their loyalty.
If it wasn’t for Deion, many probably would’ve never known the brotha from Mississippi Valley was in his early 30’s….etc

The recruiting part, that’s kool I still enjoy it.
I’ve been in recruit meeting at FSU with Jimbo Fisher when he was transitioning. We sitting at the table talking, when the text came across that Lamarcus Joyner would commit.

Met a Oklahoma assistant who came to recruit my peeps

visited with LSU recruiters often

was in a meeting with Lane Kiffin, coach O and Frank Wilson when they was at Tennessee

Soend plenty time with Auburn coaches
Soooo the recruiting part is kool

but hearing the other stories is great.

samh32

Rising Star
OG Investor
Pate makes a great point how he was talking to these "kids". They are the same age as most Military when they first go into Basic Training and this is mild compared to what those NCOs tell them. Man, i know I'm not that good, but i'm going to check to see if i have some eligibility left to go play for Coach Prime... :lol:

Man... he laid out a pretty good perspective relating to the transfer protocol. A bunch of lil white kids from the Colorado, Idaho Wyoming, and Montana who played 7-man football are heading to Boise State.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You have to understand, this is Deion

he’s about greatness to umtenth power

Many of us don’t mind sitting back and enjoying the ride…

I rather this than them tearing down Kyrie or hearing about Brittany…

I love hearing the stories about dude hiring his friends who been with him for more than 20 years. They now get to benefit for their loyalty.
If it wasn’t for Deion, many probably would’ve never known the brotha from Mississippi Valley was in his early 30’s….etc

The recruiting part, that’s kool I still enjoy it.
I’ve been in recruit meeting at FSU with Jimbo Fisher when he was transitioning. We sitting at the table talking, when the text came across that Lamarcus Joyner would commit.

Met a Oklahoma assistant who came to recruit my peeps

visited with LSU recruiters often

was in a meeting with Lane Kiffin, coach O and Frank Wilson when they was at Tennessee

Soend plenty time with Auburn coaches
Soooo the recruiting part is kool

but hearing the other stories is great.

^^^

all this

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Haha funny...

To give a real world analogy...it would be like if mj coach a g league team to winning record and a couple of trophies then after 3 years said I'm moving on to coach the worst team in the NBA...

I'm just wondering if we're witnessing some kind of positive feedback loop kinda like mass hysteria.

not your best analogy

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Here's something I've been thinking about Deion Sanders is like Michael Jackson in the Bille Jean video, everywhere he walks, everything he touches, lights up...

To compare this to an NFL example, yall remember know how we had this hiring spree with Sean McVay's friends or people that know him..

This means that Andre Rison should be getting offered the Colorado State job any day now.. :lol:

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gonna be a lot of bi-racial babies in Colorado these next few years....LOL

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Haha funny...

fam... you REALLY overthinking this.

This is people FORGETTING the power of SPORTS period in the country

and that college football is ONLY second to the NFL

and its a CLOSE second.

And we saw what happened with that Jordan doc and ALL these sports podcasts and youtube interviews and documentaries

Prime is UP there.

even Bo admitted he underestimated the PULL Deion STILL has DECADES later.

Deion played 2 sports Deion had a rap song Deion was s Sportscenter staple he was a commentator he was a coach he played for 2 of the most powerful NFL franchises ever

there is a generation maybe 2 generations of Black men who IDOLIZED that man.

And HBUS Nike George Floyd race money loyalty ESPN NCAA NFL and MILLIONS and social media

its the perfect storm

just sit back and enjoy the ride.

sidebar: always remember if people REALLY cared? REALLY cared? about students, black colleges, endorsements, black coaches at all levels

these are NOT the conversations we would be having. There is real ACTIONNABLE things we could be doing.

We COULD make REAL significant changes for the positive but where is the fun in that?

its easier to do all this circus act stuff and in the end be right back where we started.