Deion Sanders offered the Colorado job- Official Colorado season thread

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Doubt it. He's going from a 500k paycheck to a 5 million dollar one lol. Somehow, I think he'll manage. It'd take him 10 years to make at JSU what he will make at Colorado just next year. USC and UCLA are on the way out of the PAC 12.. if he does aight there he can pretty much name his price.

Deion signed a 4 year 1.2 million dollar contract with Jackson so his salary was 300k. He also donated half of his salary at least one year.

In short, Deion would have to coach at Jackson for almost 17 years to make what he's make in one year at Colorado.

With that said, Deion said it wasn't about the money.

oh-no-kenan-thompson.gif

bham_brotha

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Alot of folks can learn from this OG

Eh, Pough is cool but no P5 schools have come after him either. He has some good seasons here and there but he hasn't done anywhere near in terms of attention as what Deion has. I'm not sure he'd still be there if SCSU wasn't broke.

Last edited:

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

Wait, hold up what the fuck??????? Yo Dion, you better hope this shit works because my bullshit radar is going crazy right now even though I really think this wasn’t a good idea but who you are who you are.

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
oh-no-kenan-thompson.gif

Deion signed a 4 year 1.2 million dollar contract with Jackson so his salary was 300k. He also donated half of his salary at least one year.

In short, Deion would have to coach at Jackson for almost 17 years to make what he's make in one year at Colorado.

With that said, Deion said it wasn't about the money.
MichealIrv-LHAO.gif

Ya'll cats crazy then a mutherfucca! :lol:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eh, Pough is cool but no P5 schools have come after him either. He has some good seasons here and there but he hasn't done anywhere near in terms of attention as what Deion has. I'm not sure he'd still be there if SCSU wasn't broke.
He actually was an assistant coach at USC before he went state.
Go look at his resume and see how many players he put in the NFL
And then come holla back. He old school and that nigga dont want to be at a big time school. Everyone knows that. Lol He ain’t about the limelight. Name me one coach at any HBCU that has put this many players in the league? ZERO

Pough has coached a number of players who have gone on to play in the National Football League, including nine who are currently on NFL rosters – Joe Thomas (Dallas Cowboys), Raphael Bush (Buffalo Bills),Javon Hargrave (Pittsburgh Steelers), Temarrick Hemingway (L.A. Rams), Javarius Leamon (Cincinnati Bengals), Antonio Hamilton (Oakland Raiders), Jalen Simmons (New York Giants), Darius Leonard (Indianapolis Colts) and Justin Evans (Baltimore Ravens).

Last edited:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wait, hold up what the fuck??????? Yo Dion, you better hope this shit works because my bullshit radar is going crazy right now even though I really think this wasn’t a good idea but who you are who you are.
It’s call we have big time alumni and donors that we know will donate and give money with zero issues. Something that HBCU alumni still don’t understand.
Some of us do, but many don’t.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
It’s call we have big time alumni and donors that we know will donate and give money with zero issues. Something that HBCU alumni still don’t understand.
Some of us do, but many don’t.
I’m going to say this the money is not there yet, so we’ll see what happens like I said I have a strong suspicion about this

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's going to be interesting to see how his non-traditional style plays with a Power 5 school w/ a bunch of uptight cacs.

I can see a lot of the White kids transferring to other schools looking for an old White man to coach them.

Prime was coming off super defensive in that first meeting w/ the kids. Like he expects a lot of flack from them and wanted to let them know upfront who the boss is.

Like I said, this will be interesting...

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm happy for Deion and if anybody has been paying attention since he got to JSU, he always said he would entertain any Power 5 offers. Did I think it would be Colorado.. No! But after seeing their facilities and watching how they are showing Deion so much love, I can understand why he left. Hell Auburn the ones who should have offered him a job and they will regret that decision. Just watch his press conferences and watch the vid of him talking to the Colorado players, I see why he's been successful as a coach. I'm rooting for Prime to succeed, I wish him nothing but the best at Colorado.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Yall remember when FAMU tried to move up to D-1 (FBS) a few years back and was getting destroyed by teams from low level conferences like Tulane and shit or what about when Delaware State got into the D-1AA Playoffs and got destroyed in the first round.

The next man up for Jackson needs to start pushing that Black schools get back into those damn playoffs and start trying to make deep runs and push for National Championships.

But what is the moral of those players at Jackson. If they come out flat next week, I wouldn't be surprised.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
My Dad used to say, when J-State's football team had a good season the whole town would be happy. Everybody would treat each other nicely and shit. But then when the team had a bad season, everybody would go on back in the house for the winter, quiet and sad and shit..

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
It's going to be interesting to see how his non-traditional style plays with a Power 5 school w/ a bunch of uptight cacs.

I can see a lot of the White kids transferring to other schools looking for an old White man to coach them.

Prime was coming off super defensive in that first meeting w/ the kids. Like he expects a lot of flack from them and wanted to let them know upfront who the boss is.

Like I said, this will be interesting...
He letting them know who he is but also probably hoping more of them leave
:roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
If he brings in top talent he sure will.

he said “l’m bringing the quarterback, I’m bringing 10 more and they dawgs”

the coach staff gonna be A1, recruiters gonna be A1…

I’m expecting the same type of professionalism that he built at JSU

Dude wild, dude said the uniforms might not look the same :roflmao3::roflmao3:

Cleats getting changed :roflmao3::roflmao3:

Just cause he said that, I’m get his son jersey made :roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3:

Last edited:

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
he said “l’m bringing the quarterback, I’m bringing 10 more and they dawgs”

the coach staff gonna be A1, recruiters gonna be A1…

I’m expecting the same type of professionalism that he built at JSU

Dude wild, dude said the uniforms might not look the same :roflmao3::roflmao3:

Cleats getting changed :roflmao3::roflmao3:

Just on cause he said that, I’m get his son jersey made :roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3:
Damn!! I just skimmed through his video. I didn't hear al that. Prime was laying down the damn law!!!!!

Hope they film at CU like they did at Jackson State.