Interesting As Fuck...

717jet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Soldiers in the German Army are allowed to disobey any order they think would violate human dignity.

mwzcbnjfcpf91.jpg

Casca

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

A new unique apple variety from Zaiger Genetics, Ghost apple is in a category by itself. These white skinned, white flesh apples have a sweet sub-acid flavor. This is a heat-loving apple that ripens in early July. It needs a pollenizer such as Fuji, Gala, Granny Smith or Pink Lady, White Pearmain apples are cultivated on a small scale through select growers in Europe, the United States, and South Africa and can be found through specialty grocers and farmers markets.

Casca

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Memnon and the Etiophian defenders of Troy

4OYKZjb.jpeg

Memnon of Ethiopia was a great ally of Troy, who drew Achillev's blood (art by Kalin Popov

Aa5EmJq.jpeg

It is told that Memnon's father Tithonus came from the wealthy city Ilium in the land of Troy. Tithonus was the older brother of King Priam, making Memnon a cousin of among others Hecto, Paris and Cassandra. The historical Troy is located on the west coast of modern Turkey. The events in the Iliad ought to been set in the 13th to 11th century BCE, in the late Bronze Age (art by Christoph Haußner).
Yz3T1Dh.jpeg

Memnon's mother was Eos, the goddess of dawn. Eos had taken Tithonus to the ends of the earth on the coast of Oceanus where she bore the sons Memnon and Emathion (Greek vase depiction of Memnon from circa 550-525 BC).
x0rMZkj.jpeg

The great tradition of a war between the Trojans and the Achaeans and their allies (art by mark churms)
4sg0iyk.jpeg

Aelian:NA_13.18 http://www.attalus.org/names/m/memnon.html In the royal residences in India where the greatest of the kings of that country lives, there are so many objects for admiration that neither Memnon's city of Susa with all its extravagance, nor the magnificence of Ecbatana is to be compared with them. Odysseus mentioned a trojan hero named "Eurypylus son of Telephus, who was the handsomest man I ever saw except Memnon" (The Odyssey; Book XI, translated by Samuel Butler). - Priam encourage the Trojans to keep fighting after Hector's death https://www.theoi.com/Text/TzetzesChiliades6.html "Till our new champion come, the stormy heart Of Memnon. Lo, he cometh, leading on Hosts numberless, Aethiopia's swarthy sons. By this, I trow, he is nigh unto our gates; For long ago, in sore distress of soul, I sent him urgent summons. Yea, and he Promised me, gladly promised me, to come To Troy, and make all end of all our woes." Euseb]:Chron_57 http://www.attalus.org/names/m/memnon.html and the empire of the Assyrians in Asia had already lasted for over a thousand years. Priamus the king of the Trojans, worn out by the pressure of war, submitted to the king of the Assyrians, and sent an embassy to ask the Assyrians to send aid and reinforcements. The king of the Assyrians gave him ten thousand men from the land of the Ethiopians, and a similar number of Susians, with two hundred chariots; and he sent Memnon the son of Tithonus to be their leader. Euseb]:Chron_63 http://www.attalus.org/names/m/memnon.html [Priamus wrote to Teutamus:] 'The Greeks have invaded your territory and attacked me; we have met them in battle, and sometimes we have been victorious, but sometimes we have been defeated. Now even my son Hector has been killed, along with many others of my brave children. Therefore send a force to come to our relief, and appoint a valiant general to lead them.' "

dzL8W42.jpeg

After Hectors death arrive the Amazon Queen Penthesilea and Eos’ son Memnon, who both would face Achilles (art by Alan Lee)
5Mzgt05.jpeg

IMAGE DESCR: "Eos, the winged goddess of the dawn, carries the body of her son Memnon from the battlefields of Troy. The bird hovering above the body represents his soul. Behind them strides Achilles, the slayer of Memnon."

Casca

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
isE0Psh.jpeg

On 06 August 2022 — General Langley was promoted to General, the 4th star. Since 1775 General Langley is the first African-American Marine to be promoted to full General in the Marine Corps.

General Langley is an artillery officer(!), having come up from the 11th and 12th Marine artillery regiments. [There are four artillery regiments, the 10th, 11th, 12th, and 14th (mine).] General Langley is currently the Commanding General of USAFRICOM, our Africa Command.

Casca

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The flavor of an Arkansas Black apple is tart when first picked, but in storage, it mellows into a sweeter apple with notes of honey, vanilla and almond, They are not easily available in the market and as per a study, about 70 percent of the annual Black Diamond crop doesn't make it to market. Also, many farmers do not grow this variety because it takes five to eight years to get the fruit, which lasts for only 2 months.

FxQQp1Y.jpeg
sKttKje.jpeg