Can The WNBA Be Improved Financially? Is this what you wanted.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
The typical argument is that the women ballers earn too little money. However, isn't it dollar for dollar when you consider they play less games, draw less in attendance and play in the off season as far as basketball is concerned.

From what I understand the top WNBA player makes $240K.

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
K-qX_0Q56LlZl_leUjDC1Z4L4Cwyu__jvByNS0gic23jbZ4R5rC1zbzm-EDuXpUcweGhjwgONrBJ=s779-c-fcrop64=1,2ab40000d54bffff-nd-v1

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They can sell soda and snacks in the off season of NBA games and are included as a bonus for suite holders at stadiums. It’s not all the way bad. But when they sell those corporate suite packages the WNBA game are included.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
The typical argument is that the women ballers earn too little money. However, isn't it dollar for dollar when you consider they play less games, draw less in attendance and play in the off season as far as basketball is concerned.

From what I understand the top WNBA player makes $240K.

IMO it's a bullshit argument.

The Raiders just moved to Las Vegas because Oakland wouldn't build them a better stadium. It's NFL football was so financially strong how come the Raiders didn't just build one on their own dime? Furthermore, why isn't every commie activist in Las Vegas marching in the street over this blatant case of corporate welfare?

It's because the team isn't profitable. None of them are. And deep down everybody knows and accepts it

Why hasn't a Canadian hockey team won the Stanley Cup in over 20 years? Because Canada doesn't subsidize the teams the way the US does so when a superstar player wants to make more money they got to go south of the border to get it. The problem got so bad the NHL had to impose a salary cap to keep the league competitive.

Whatever your favorite sport is, when you see your favorite player signed a multi-million dollar contract remember they didn't get that money from the ticket sales, the merch, TV licensing. Most of that money came from your taxes.

The question shouldn't be why WNBA players make so little. Why the hell is everybody else making so much?

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Mark Davis is 1 of only 2 non billionaire NFL owners so thats why he can't pay for a stadium out his own pocket, its why SoFi stadium was privately funded by Stan Kroenke cause his net worth tends to fluctuate in the $10-13 bil range and his wife is worth around $8 bil. Its also why going forward the NFL is trying to go with new owners with deep pockets hence going with Rob Walton as new owner of Broncos since he's worth around $60 bil

IMO it's a bullshit argument.

The Raiders just moved to Las Vegas because Oakland wouldn't build them a better stadium. It's NFL football was so financially strong how come the Raiders didn't just build one on their own dime? Furthermore, why isn't every commie activist in Las Vegas marching in the street over this blatant case of corporate welfare?

It's because the team isn't profitable. None of them are. And deep down everybody knows and accepts it

Why hasn't a Canadian hockey team won the Stanley Cup in over 20 years? Because Canada doesn't subsidize the teams the way the US does so when a superstar player wants to make more money they got to go south of the border to get it. The problem got so bad the NHL had to impose a salary cap to keep the league competitive.

Whatever your favorite sport is, when you see your favorite player signed a multi-million dollar contract remember they didn't get that money from the ticket sales, the merch, TV licensing. Most of that money came from your taxes.

The question shouldn't be why WNBA players make so little. Why the hell is everybody else making so much?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@Gazoo the women have a flawed argument. They think because they play the same sport and are on tv that their numbers should to in the same realm of the men.

That's false. They never mention or take into account how money the men being in.

Lastly, you can't ask these Neanderthals on this board about women's sports. These niggas just learned how to use forks and if the women ain't in bikinis, they don't wanna see them! :roflmao:

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
@Gazoo the women have a flawed argument. They think because they play the same sport and are on tv that their numbers should to in the same realm of the men.

That's false. They never mention or take into account how money the men being in.

Lastly, you can't ask these Neanderthals on this board about women's sports. These niggas just learned how to use forks and if the women ain't in bikinis, they don't wanna see them! :roflmao:

Bro, I completely expected a bunch of bullshit lizard brain remarks.

You're right.

I just think this MBAs can get together and figure out a way to market the WNBA better so chicks don't have to go overseas.

Let's face the facts though. They AIN'T never gonna make NBA money. Not unless you put Beyonce out there. HMMM... get me the Gonzalez twins.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro, I completely expected a bunch of bullshit lizard brain remarks.

You're right.

I just think this MBAs can get together and figure out a way to market the WNBA better so chicks don't have to go overseas.

Let's face the facts though. They AIN'T never gonna make NBA money. Not unless you put Beyonce out there. HMMM... get me the Gonzalez twins.

Unfortunately every sport ain't gonna be popular and appeal to the masses. That's just the nature of life as business.

The women are highly skilled and play good basketball, unfortunately the American sports market isn't interested as a whole. The European market appreciates and watches women's basketball.

Why? I have no idea.

Shit Americans don't give a shit about soccer until the World Cup or Olympics so how are they gonna care about women's basketball?

And soccer's the number 1 sport in the world.

So when it comes to the WNBA and the players complaining. They should just be happy that there's a league because it's not a money making venture.

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The WNBA is marketed horribly. Ppl would watch if they advertised it better.

All the things that made the NBA popular (brawls, hard fouls, one on one battles, trash talk, etc), the WNBA needs to let happen.

The league is too feminist right now. They focus more on social issues than the actual games.

Shit, the UFC integrated women into MMA. I don't see why the NBA can't do something similar.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
Unfortunately every sport ain't gonna be popular and appeal to the masses. That's just the nature of life as business.

The women are highly skilled and play good basketball, unfortunately the American sports market isn't interested as a whole. The European market appreciates and watches women's basketball.

Why? I have no idea.

Shit Americans don't give a shit about soccer until the World Cup or Olympics so how are they gonna care about women's basketball?

And soccer's the number 1 sport in the world.

So when it comes to the WNBA and the players complaining. They should just be happy that there's a league because it's not a money making venture.

Women's soccer and tennis seems to be more even. I guess because of the Williams sisters.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
One huge problem is that they market heavily towards white women even though the league is 80% black.

"This is especially concerning given the role that racial bias plays in the composition of the top 10 jersey list. While over 80 percent of WNBA players are Black, half of the women on the list are white, including four of the top five.

They found that, during the 2020 WNBA season, regular season MVP A’ja Wilson received half as much coverage as Ionescu, who played in three games before getting injured

Their research also found that, on the whole, white players received twice as many media mentions as Black players – a fact that Paige Bueckers noted in her ESPY acceptance speech in July."

Mrboogieallnight

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He sure as hell made that work didn't.

Maybe you're bullshitting but it's a good idea.
I'm dead serious. Been saying it since the big 3 started and I went to watch them. Then I read something on the internet that said something to the affect that the big 3 had either the same or close to the same attendance.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All the suggestions that could improve the game wnba players always turn their noses up at them lol.

She totally didn't get that its not about basketball its about entertainment value. Highlights is what sells a sport and she stuck on I'm a ball player mentality. No you're an entertainer. Also sidenote men ain't logging on to see women who look like this play. Even Skylar Diggins used to be fine as hell and now she looks masculine.

44.vresize.350.350.medium.84.png

christop

Rising Star
Registered
She totally didn't get that its not about basketball its about entertainment value. Highlights is what sells a sport and she stuck on I'm a ball player mentality. No you're an entertainer. Also sidenote men ain't logging on to see women who look like this play. Even Skylar Diggins used to be fine as hell and now she looks masculine.

44.vresize.350.350.medium.84.png
Skylar still attractive imo but she been on savage mode this season I noticed lol but agree they must entertain.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
I'm dead serious. Been saying it since the big 3 started and I went to watch them. Then I read something on the internet that said something to the affect that the big 3 had either the same or close to the same attendance.

That's interesting. I figured it was because the women played in the Summer. But so does the Big 3.

Let me study this and I'll present it to the WNBA.

I'll be sure to credit you.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Hardly anybody watches high school basketball, college and sure as hell not the pros.

Its not an exciting game unless your team is a dynasty type program.

There is nothing they can do to improve the league because women sports aren't exciting when compared to men.

Mrboogieallnight

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's interesting. I figured it was because the women played in the Summer. But so does the Big 3.

Let me study this and I'll present it to the WNBA.

I'll be sure to credit you.
You better give me my credit dammit lol. I took a cousin to Atlanta dream game several years back because he was dating a chick that had a little girl and she wanted to go. After the game they were handing out stacks of tickets to the next game which I think was a playoff game. This was back when the dream were real good. I had about 25-30 tickets I couldn't give away. I got about 5 friends to go. That game they were giving out more stacks of tickets. I mightve gave away 5. That time.