Marvel woke up today and said......let me remind y'all who the fuck we are!!

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Why do y'all keep assuming we'll never see another male black Panther? Just because it's not happening when you want it to happen doesn't mean it won't happen. Y'all don't know what the script was about before he died. They had to redo a bunch of shit cause of that. Fine you don't want a movie without him....now what?

Last edited:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Why do y'all keep assuming we'll never see another male black Panther? Just because it's not happening when you want it to happen doesn't bean it won't happen. Y'all don't know what the script was about before he died. They had to redo a bunch of shit cause of that. Fine you don't want a movie without him....now what?

Just to clarify, to me its not an issue of a male or female BP. Its an issue of TChalla or no TChalla. The answer is... now we hope for the best movies possible without TChalla.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why do y'all keep assuming we'll never see another male black Panther? Just because it's not happening when you want it to happen doesn't bean it won't happen. Y'all don't know what the script was about before he died. They had to redo a bunch of shit cause of that. Fine you don't want a movie without him....now what?

I’m on the fence with both sides. On one hand I trust Coogler. He hasn’t failed us wrong yet so I’m not gonna start doubting him now. On the other hand, I don’t like that they don’t feel they should recast him. I mean I get it for this one for sure. But never? Shit never say never I guess. Either way we all gonna go see BP2 when it drop. No need in any of us lying about it lol.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I knew this conversation would come up, about black men in BP2, and my question is DID Y'ALL EVEN WATCH BP1??

There were only 5 black men of significance in that movie. 2 died on screen (counting Killmonger as dead), 1 died in real life, leaving you with M'baku and the dude from GET OUT who I don't think will be in this one.

Knowing this, what did y'all expect for black men going into this movie?

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I knew this conversation would come up, about black men in BP2, and my question is DID Y'ALL EVEN WATCH BP1??

There were only 5 black men of significance in that movie. 2 died on screen (counting Killmonger as dead), 1 died in real life, leaving you with M'baku and the dude from GET OUT who I don't think will be in this one.

My question is why are fools making this about black men and black women. It's a comic book movie that's actually showing us in a different light than most movies. In the 1st movie none of the black men were weak. They had their flaws but not weak. How many movies can one say that about? And he's coming back eventually! The writing is on the wall. Shit is retarded and people just love to complain about nothing...

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
295883189_421131590048274_1332308452278002779_n.jpg

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Comic Con’s Biggest Winner: Marvel Studios
A still from the “Black Panther 2” teaser trailer (Marvel)

Marvel studios threw a much-needed hail Mary at Comic-Con with a triumphant return to the Hall H stage, where the company announced not one but three phases of the MCU. Kevin Feige ran a tight ship in his usual role as circus showman while the creatives and casts of the company’s various projectsstrolled out one by one with announcements that, for now at least, seem to have settled the question of whether Marvel is losing focus fairly definitively. The stand outs of course were the emotional trailer for “Wakanda Forever” — we cried for Chadwick Boseman and cheered for Tenoch Huerta’s Namor — and the announcement of “Avengers” 4 and 5. But the whole thing was the end-of-day thrill ride fans have come to expect. Whatever you thought about Marvel going into the presentation, they’re all you’re talking about now.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I mean....5 is more than 1 for sure lol. Dude from GET OUT did "NOPE" and M'BAku seems to be the only one here.

Like I said above, I can't judge based on a trailer but Coogler hasn't failed us. But there have to be some strong male characters in Wakanda......

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
My question is why are fools making this about black men and black women. It's a comic book movie that's actually showing us in a different light than most movies. In the 1st movie none of the black men were weak. They had their flaws but not weak. How many movies can one say that about? And he's coming back eventually! The writing is on the wall. Shit is retarded and people just love to complain about nothing...

These niggas are chompin' at da bit to see some mens onscreen and don't wanna come out and say it. They should just "live their truth". This is a safe space.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
These niggas are chompin' at da bit to see some mens onscreen and don't wanna come out and say it. They should just "live their truth". This is a safe space.

Superhero movies touch back on their child hoods. They want to imagine themselves as the hero, and can't do it when it's a woman, but that's why these roles are important to women and girls also, so they can see other women and imagine themselves as strong and capable, as heroes too. There are enough characters for everyone to be represented tho.