{The Official 2021-22 NBA Thread} - Finals: Warriors vs Celtics…{4-2 advantage warriors } Dubs NBA champs, Curry MVP

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I did another screenshot a millisecond later and the ankle twist was actually worse. How he re-entered the game is puzzling to me.

628a4b6062301849578003.png

I landed on a foot and twisted my ankle a couple of times and each time I was out 4-6 months. So how he came back into the game able to move and be effective is truly puzzling to me.

I’m happy for him though.
After the initial pain you can usually play on it. It's today that he's going to be hurting

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

I’ll keep it quick.

All teams were placed in one location and had a tournament where all they had to focus was on basketball.

One team’s the champion. With no fans, there’s no home court advantage and the best team wins.

giphy.gif

But wait…

In regards to Pat’s statement about the fans.

How’s that working out the past couple of games specifically with Boston and Miami?

Warriors we’re getting thrashed at home but came back and the Suns got murked in game 7 at home! :roflmao:

And it’s not about the Lakers, it’s about all teams had the same opportunity to win minus the injuries.

I guarantee it any other team had won that championship this “bubble championship“ would've never started. I've heard everything to fans not being there so the LAKERS had an advantage, to Lebron and AD were HEALTHY so that gave the LAKERS an advantage, I even heard people repeating the dumb Skip Bayless line that none of the other teams wanted to be there so that gave the LAKERS an advantage. When the bubble setup was first presented there was no bubble talk, when the playoffs started there was none, through the first 2 rounds there was none and even when the conference finals started there was none. The bubble championship talk didn't start until it looked like the Lakers were headed to the Finals then you saw ESPN talking about “will there be an asterisk“ talk

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I guarantee it any other team had won that championship this “bubble championship“ would've never started. I've heard everything to fans not being there so the LAKERS had an advantage, to Lebron and AD were HEALTHY so that gave the LAKERS an advantage, I even heard people repeating the dumb Skip Bayless line that none of the other teams wanted to be there so that gave the LAKERS an advantage. When the bubble setup was first presented there was no bubble talk, when the playoffs started there was none, through the first 2 rounds there was none and even when the conference finals started there was none. The bubble championship talk didn't start until it looked like the Lakers were headed to the Finals then you saw ESPN talking about “will there be an asterisk“ talk
I think it started with the heat because it was so unbelievable to the talking heads that miami could beat Giannis and Tatum & Brown

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I agree wholeheartedly and if we’re being honest, injuries have affected NBA championships in the past seven years more than anything.

Especially the bubble.

I say seven years because we can start with the 2015 Warriors. Cavs missing Love and Kyrie, that’s forgotten and no asterisk.

No hate on the Warriors because injuries are a part of the game. But if we’re going to analyze every championship, we can start there and go year by year.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
I think it started with the heat because it was so unbelievable to the talking heads that miami could beat Giannis and Tatum & Brown

The only thing I saw about the Heat were people saying because they were in Florida the Heat had an advantage but the Heat weren't going home every night they were in the bubble too. I believe if the Heat had won you would've seen a few people using the Florida advantage excuse but not all these other excuses they're giving for the Lakers winning

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:itsawrap:

100% FACTS.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree wholeheartedly and if we’re being honest, injuries have affected NBA championships in the past seven years more than anything.

Especially the bubble.

I say seven years because we can start with the 2015 Warriors. Cavs missing Love and Kyrie, that’s forgotten and no asterisk.

No hate on the Warriors because injuries are a part of the game. But if we’re going to analyze every championship, we can start there and go year by year.
You are hating!! Why are u starting there? Either you are young or you don't know basketball. Because injuries have affected the playoffs and the championships since 1980! Every fucking year since then basically. So to start there is hate period! Because I know u didn't just start watching basketball in 2015...

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You are hating!! Why are u starting there? Either you are young or you don't know basketball. Because injuries have affected the playoffs and the championships since 1980! Every fucking year since then basically. So to start there is hate period! Because I know u didn't just start watching basketball in 2015...

No not hating, I started there because that’s in recent memory. And many like me remember vividly two starters being missing from the starting lineup in the Finals.

The Spurs won the championship in 2014, what significant injuries affected that Finals?

The Heat won the championship in 2013,what significant injuries affected that Finals?

The Heat won the championship in 2012 what significant injuries affected that Finals?

The Mavericks won the championship in 2011,what significant injuries affected that Finals?

The Lakers won the championship in 2010,what significant injuries affected that Finals?

Do you see where I’m going with this? I watched those Finals but I can’t remember the injuries or injured starters being out. I’d like to remember, but I don’t.

So what significant injuries to starters swayed those championships that I listed? Don’t Google, I want to know based off of your memory.

If you can’t answer, neither can I which is why I started with 2015 because I remember that vividly. Not because it’s the Warriors, but because I remembered two starters being missing.

Apology accepted,

kobe-bryant-youre-welcome.gif

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People are ridiculous, Injuries are a part the game. Injuries happen in the regular season every year, which then affects wether a team is gonna make the playoffs or the playoff seating. Take Brooklyn for example, with KD being out of the line up for sometime this year. That most likely affected their playoff seating, but people won't look at that. Same thing with the Warriors this year with all the injuries they've dealt with this year, most teams wouldn't be where they are right now with all the injuries they've had this year....

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People are ridiculous, Injuries are a part the game. Injuries happen in the regular season every year, which then affects wether a team is gonna make the playoffs or the playoff seating. Take Brooklyn for example, with KD being out of the line up for sometime this year. That most likely affected their playoff seating, but people won't look at that. Same thing with the Warriors this year with all the injuries they've dealt with this year, most teams wouldn't be where they are right now with all the injuries they've had this year....

I’m “Ridiculous”?

redman-american-rapper.gif

But since I’m ridiculous, I’ll ask you the same questions.

The Spurs won the championship in 2014, what significant injuries affected that Finals?

The Heat won the championship in 2013,what significant injuries affected that Finals?

The Heat won the championship in 2012 what significant injuries affected that Finals?

The Mavericks won the championship in 2011,what significant injuries affected that Finals?

The Lakers won the championship in 2010,what significant injuries affected that Finals?

Do you see where I’m going with this? I watched those Finals but I can’t remember the injuries or injured starters being out. I’d like to remember, but I don’t.

So what significant injuries to starters swayed those championships that I listed? Don’t Google, I want to know based off of your memory.

If you can’t answer, neither can I which is why I started with 2015 because I remember that vividly. Not because it’s the Warriors, but because I remembered two starters being missing.

Apology accepted,

michael-scott-youre-welcome.gif

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No not hating, I started there because that’s in recent memory. And many like me remember vividly two starters being missing from the starting lineup in the Finals.

Apology accepted,

Lol you can’t be serious :smh: :smh:
Boston lost in 7 to the lakers in 2010 right? If I recall correctly Kendrick Perkins didn’t play in game7. He’s not at star player but he was a very significant role player. Boston got beat up on the boards that game to. Specifically in the 4th quarter. Losing KP made a huge difference. And that’s just the championship. It doesn’t even include the players that were hurt on other teams that could have altered or changed the outcome of games. No apologies are given because you starting at 2015 is ridiculous. I will destroy those other years you named shortly. Taking a nap 1st…

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly so to start at 2015 when every fucking year there are significant injuries, is idiotic to me….

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol you can’t be serious :smh: :smh:
Boston lost in 7 to the lakers in 2010 right? If I recall correctly Kendrick Perkins didn’t play in game7. He’s not at star player but he was a very significant role player. Boston got beat up on the boards that game to. Specifically in the 4th quarter. Losing KP made a huge difference. And that’s just the championship. It doesn’t even include the players that were hurt on other teams that could have altered or changed the outcome of games. No apologies are given because you starting at 2015 is ridiculous. I will destroy those other years you named shortly. Taking a nap 1st…
Exactly so to start at 2015 when every fucking year there are significant injuries, is idiotic to me….

Kendrick Perkins isn’t Kyrie or Kevin Love, but he did get injured.

What’s idiotic is you taking offense that I started in year 2015.

This nigga said Kendrick Perkins!

giphy.gif

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kendrick Perkins isn’t Kyrie or Kevin Love, but he did get injured.

What’s idiotic is you taking offense that I started in year 2015.

This nigga said Kendrick Perkins!

giphy.gif
Role players win championship. Stars are gonna star but without good to great role players, teams don't win. Clearly you don't know basketball and that is why you started at 2015. It was gonna come out eventually...

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Apology accepted,

2014 Spurs was the lebron cramp series
:lol:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Role players win championship. Stars are gonna star but without good to great role players, teams don't win. Clearly you don't know basketball and that is why you started at 2015. It was gonna come out eventually...

Lastly I’m not going to say that you don’t know basketball because I’m not in the mood to insult anyone.

What I will say is that you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about with a narrative of me hating the Warriors.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2005 Heat were stopped in ECF because Wade had a rib injury or they would've probably been back 2 back champs
People just like to say whatever just to talk. Every fucking year there are significant injuries to players in the playoffs that alter or contribute to the outcome of the playoffs. Every fucking year. Dude started at 2015 :giggle: :giggle: . Then laugh because Perkins isn't a star but Boston clearly was affected harshly because he didn't play. Shit is ridiculous :smh:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Spurs turned the AC off lol

I definitely remember now! :lol:

But let’s forget about Lebron, the AC and every other injury in the Finals.

I want to go back to hating on the Warriors

birdman-hand-rub.gif

Somebody make it make sense. I want to hat on a team that I actually like! :roflmao:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
See you remembered that off the top of your head and I forget. Didn’t conveniently forget so that I could “Hate” on the Warriors as your homie @Day_Carver believes.

That one just slipped my mind.
:giggle: it makes no sense to start at 2015. It may not be hate but it sure does look like it. Like the idiot who said Dallas is the worst possible match up for GS:hmm: now series isn't over but GS should win. I said in 5 so we shall see. But a team that plays exactly like Houston(offense) did a few years ago. Don't play good defense either. How can the team be bad match??

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People just like to say whatever just to talk. Every fucking year there are significant injuries to players in the playoffs that alter or contribute to the outcome of the playoffs. Every fucking year. Dude started at 2015 :giggle: :giggle: . Then laugh because Perkins isn't a star but Boston clearly was affected harshly because he didn't play. Shit is ridiculous :smh:

Kendrick went down in the first quarter of game 6. He missed three quarters of game six and all of game seven.

Kyrie got injured in overtime of game one, Love was out the entire series.

Yes Perkins was valuable, but comparing him to missing Love abs Irving is kinda foolish.