Former Crip gives tips to incoming tourists for Los Angeles Super Bowl

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Yo if you didn't go to school in L.A. and go out there for the first time as an adult and try to move as you move in your home city, my advice is to stay out of the hood!
im from lbc and i move the same. maybe im just used to west coast living. hoods have rules i know. now, favelas are something else.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I'll remember to take an Uber when I go out there for a game.

fuUlWi.jpg

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Went to L.A. and rented a car. Got lost and took the wrong turn, I swear I ended up in Mexico City. Fuckin' Mexicans as far as the eye could see. Shit kinda freaked me out. This was back in the 90's w/ no Uber.

Dude is right, just Uber/Lyft to the game and back to the hotel. Criminals will be out in full force.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
1) Stay away from the "Hood."

2) If you ain't Mexican, don't go to East LA.

3) The weed is going to be phenomenal... If you're a newbie, be careful.

4) There's going to be some fine ass women everywhere. If you pick one up, don't you dare give her a ride home (day or night).

5) People are going to be charging $100 or more to park in their yards.

6) No, that's not a mistake. Gas is close to $5.00 or more.

7) If you get a chance, go to "Fat Burger." If you get a King Chili-Cheese Burger, know that you'll never look at another burger the same. I would say that "In N' Out" would be the next spot, get a Double Double and fries. You won't regret it.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I have a strong feeling some people are going to get caught up into some bullshit mainly for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I remember what happened in Miami doing the 1989 Super Bowl.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
another tip: wear Blue and ask the nice people of LA "what set you claimin'?"
Do that shit if you want to... That'll end up being the last question you ever ask anyone. :lol:

That Blue and Red crap is serious in LA, especially if the goons are young. Them MoFos will out savage anyone! Male or female won't matter to them. They'll chin-check your girl and dare you to say something.

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
you hear about all these cities where "you better not go get lost there"...
here in little ass CT I roll thru all towns:

- gun wavin' New Haven, hard hittin' New Britain, the dirty water Waterbury, shot in the heart Hartford...
(I forget what they call Bridgeport)

WAAAAAY back I signed people up for cable TV when it 1st hit Phyilly-
I was walking thru hoods with checks & cash on me from people signing up.
I guess they protected me 'cuz if their deposit didn't go thru they ain't getting cable.

Back then Philly was SUPER THIRSTY for cable TV.
ALL surrounding suburbs had it for years.
Only after they divided the city into 4 parts (Comcast got half) it was a go!
Some days I had HUNNITS of dollas as some took it as a ballin' out opportunity-
They would pick the package of channels and pay for a year of the cable service up front.

I imagine them saying:
"Don't bother dude. We locked in that install date.
We ain't gonna lose that 'cuz y'all wanna take my Momma's money I gave him."

But these LA stories got me :eek2:

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
I have a strong feeling some people are going to get caught up into some bullshit mainly for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I remember what happened in Miami doing the 1989 Super Bowl.

Let's ask Ray Lewis about Atlanta Super Bowl in 2000...

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
This only applies to Black folks. Niggas don’t touch whites. Cacs can walk around the worst parts of LA and niggas will welcome them. Let a Black man do that and it’s what set you claim nigga. Pathetic as fuck
That’s not necessarily true

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
If you get a chance, go to "Fat Burger." If you get a King Chili-Cheese Burger, know that you'll never look at another burger the same. I would say that "In N' Out" would be the next spot, get a Double Double and fries. You won't regret it.

Ol cholesterol, heart attack at 37, I swim with a shirt on niggas

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'll remember to take an Uber when I go out there for a game.

fuUlWi.jpg

I did when I went to LA and it was still rapey prices. I paid $75 bucks from LAX to Santa Monica where my hotel was at.

All other Uber trips averaged between $25 and $50.

I loved LA when I visited but fuck living there.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I remember all the homeless people I saw in LA. Some even said inappropriate shit to my wife and daughter. I wanted to knock those mofos out, but I didn’t see other people doing it, so I just ignored them.

Also, too many areas smelled like piss

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
you coons shouldnt be going to that event anyway, supporting that racist league.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When I was in Inglewood it was cool.. reminded me of where I come from. ...but I think I almost got killed. Not on the street...but at the econolodge I checked into. Sleepy mufucka at the check in window gave me a room that was already occupied.

I unlocked the door and opened it, and saw a head pop up from the bed and heard "WHAT THE FU...." and I was gone like Martin in House Party. I don't even think I took the stairs to get back down to the parking lot. :lol:

Owes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes it is , I’m always in LA and I see it here in Oakland don’t nobody fuck with white people.

They aren't a perceived physical threat

It's a bit more nuanced than that, white people definitely can and do get fucked with too if their being disrespectful or they looking for a easy come up, but it's also true hood street nikkas are lowkey afraid of white people/areas, they do "fear" whitefolks power in a way they don't fear regular nikkas.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck the superbowl my team isn't in it but when I do touchdown in LA i'm going to Figueroa Street....atleast ya'll got prostitutes that's worthy of looking at compared to what I see