Wordle: New Word Game. Frustrating and Addicting.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
Hard to understand at first. 4 tries. Solved. Got a splendid. Once understood about 2 minutes. 24 hours until next try.
STAMP
BORED
FLING

I finish the NY Times mini crossword puzzle daily, generally in under a minute. NY Times Spelling Bee and don't stop until I achieve genius daily. My wife and I play Scrabble for foreplay, seemingly.

Were you actually in spelling bees or just from the New York Times?

095033fa-1688-468f-ae15-b77362996583_text.gif

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
My brother from another

Scary as f*ck EXACT same daily ritual

(I got to renew my subscription lately playing the free version)

It was actually on ABC NY News yesterday. Liz Cho (with her fine lips) said that the only legit one is the one where you only can play once per day.

I guess it really doesn't matter. But don't pay for some bullshit homes.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It was actually on ABC NY News yesterday. Liz Cho (with her fine lips) said that the only legit one is the one where you only can play once per day.

I guess it really doesn't matter. But don't pay for some bullshit homes.

I meant the ny times games app...

It's free for one play but it's limited without subscription

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Spelling Bee is a very cool game on the ny times app

You would like it

You have to make as many 4+ letter words as possible but one specfic letter is mandatory in each correct word.

Plus all the given letters can be made into one long word for a bonus

The way I play I don't take any guesses until I get the bonus FIRST.

And I usually fo that in under 10 seconds.

Last edited:

HisFlyness

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Saw it on the local news yesterday and gave it a try this morning. It was fun...

Wordle 209 3/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Only NY Times. And, I’ve only gotten all the words twice. And, I use hints. So, I’m not that smart.

I think it’s fascinating that I can play spelling bee, rack my brain for 5-10 minutes. Do something else, come back and see new words.

I also love to play chess but hate, hate, hate to lose.

Last edited:

HisFlyness

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
What is this graph showing us...I am trying to compare it to my actual results and can't figure it out.
It is showing the progression of your guesses, how many correct letters you had on each guess. The gray boxes represent the number of incorrect letters on each guess. so...

One more obsession...oh well, fuckit:

Wordle 209 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜
⬜⬜
on your first try you had one coreect letter, and four wrong. Same on guess 2. Then three correct on guesses 3 and 4, four correct on guess 5. On guess 6, you guessed the word.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Only NY Times. And, I’ve only gotten all the words twice. And, I use hints. So, I’m not that smart.

I think it’s fascinating that I can play spelling bee, rack my brain for 5-10 minutes. Do something else, come back and see new words.

^^^^

my brother!!!

EXACTLY

that to me me really proves what my professors used to tell me about stopping getting up walking stretching watching TV just do something else to RESET your brain when your hyper focused on something.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

how-dare-you-james-franco.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

perhaps one of my biggest regrets is not really learning this game.

much respect to you sir

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
Spelling Bee is a very cool game on the ny times app

You would like it

You have to make as many 4+ letter words as possible but one specfic letter is mandatory in each correct word.

Plus all the given letters can be made into one long word for a bonus

The way I play I don't take any guesses until I get the bonus FIRST.

And I usually fo that in under 10 seconds.

S'um else to take me away from work. :giggle:

Thanks

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
My first was tangy
On the other game the word I remember was inert
^^^Not for the 2nd one

the only thing that may be a negative is this..

I feel like once you "figure it out"?

Its much like Sudoku and the challenge of it is much less

Its almost like a drug

that FIRST hit hooked you

and I wonder if I will keep trying to chase that first high

Or will I grow a tolerance as the challenge lessens?

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
perhaps one of my biggest regrets is not really learning this game.

Ya'll do realize that we have a group that plays on chess.com and I try to keep a tournament going at all times...RIGHT???

I post here when the tournaments begin and you have one day per move, so you don't have to sit down and play a game straight through to participate.

I set it up for 5 and we NEVER get 5 to sign up, so we usually play with 3 or 4.

We have everything from beginners to experts.....

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ya'll do realize that we have a group that plays on chess.com and I try to keep a tournament going at all times...RIGHT???

I post here when the tournaments begin and you have one day per move, so you don't have to sit down and play a game straight through to participate.

I set it up for 5 and we NEVER get 5 to sign up, so we usually play with 3 or 4.

@playahaitian
You in?

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bro I'm trash I barely remember the piece moves let only openings and gave strategies

I'd have to study for awhile

Learn while you play....trust...you will get up to my speed quick...now @oskie and Mikeveli.....gonna take a minute...LOL...they kold..

But shit, I be getting my ass kicked all the time...so what....it is a much needed diversion...

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor

Alert me on the next tournament. I'm average but love the game.