TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@ViCiouS @joneblaze and others that caught season 1 ... how are you liking the current 2nd season of How to with John Wilson?

I've found it just as good as season 1.

Interesting how he structures the theme of the episode. All the footage he pieces together along the way, and how people open up to him. You wonder how much total footage he records that ends up on the cutting room floor, lol.

:cheers:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
So a lot of my shows either ended the season or on some kinda winter break besides Dexter. Looking ahead to Jan tho, I'll have s2 of Euphoria, s2 of Righteous Gemstones, s2 of Black Market, s1 of Peacemaker, Batwoman s3 returning from break, Ray Donovan finale as a movie, Billions s6, and power book 2 back from break

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
So a lot of my shows either ended the season or on some kinda winter break besides Dexter. Looking ahead to Jan tho, I'll have s2 of Euphoria, s2 of Righteous Gemstones, s2 of Black Market, s1 of Peacemaker, Batwoman s3 returning from break, Ray Donovan finale as a movie, Billions s6, and power book 2 back from break

That’s a solid rotation of shows to start the year!

Gonna be nice to have Cobra Kai next week, and Ozark later in January too.

:cheers: :thumbsup:

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
@slam @Quek9

Checked out the first 3 available episodes this morning. Pretty good. Looks like they're doing a release schedule for the miniseries of 3 eps the first week, then 2 eps, 2 eps, 2 eps, and the finale these weeks ahead (Dec. 16th - Jan. 13th).

Texted my mom and mentioned we were checking it out. She noted the book club she's a part of enjoyed the 2014 novel the series is based upon.

No spoilers ...

Ep 1 was solid. Things start to go awry about 15 mins in. Focused primarily on 2 characters.

Ep 2 - didn't enjoy it as much. Wasn't as invested in the assortment of additional new characters and the big jump forward in time.

Ep 3 enjoyed it more. Doing call backs to episode 1, and enjoyed the time frames they were involved with. If I recall correctly 2005, 2020, and 2007. Had more of an ominous tone with the unknown ahead.

Going to continue watching.

We are out. That shit was kinda boring and disjointed. It's like they were trying too hard to be artsy and reeked of women are stronger too vibes.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Money Heist
Part 5 - 2nd Half Series Finale.

9/10

Not going to give anything away, but this was a damn good series finale and wrapped up everything perfectly.

Part 5 gave us the full story on the Spanish Mint Heist and how it was planned prior to the first heist.

Watching how it was planned out was absurd when you watch it. I will say there was a different motive for the Spanish Mint heist than what what we the audience was led to believe. It will get you thinking on how things are playing out in real life when it comes to money and government.

Very good series. Well written and played out brilliantly.

If you like a series that will play with your head, I highly recommend watching this.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Money Heist
Part 5 - 2nd Half Series Finale.

9/10

Not going to give anything away, but this was a damn good series finale and wrapped up everything perfectly.

Part 5 gave us the full story on the Spanish Mint Heist and how it was planned prior to the first heist.

Watching how it was planned out was absurd when you watch it. I will say there was a different motive for the Spanish Mint heist than what what we the audience was led to believe. It will get you thinking on how things are playing out in real life when it comes to money and government.

Very good series. Well written and played out brilliantly.

If you like a series that will play with your head, I highly recommend watching this.

I need to check the new season out.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
We are out. That shit was kinda boring and disjointed. It's like they were trying too hard to be artsy and reeked of women are stronger too vibes.

Hmm - damn. Did you make it through the first 3 or 5 episodes? Was thinking about checking out episodes 4 and 5 either today or tomorrow. But still balancing out other TV series & movies these next few weeks.

Yellowstone, Mayor of Kingstown, and Dexter will all be wrapping up soon.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Hmm - damn. Did you make it through the first 3 or 5 episodes? Was thinking about checking out episodes 4 and 5 either today or tomorrow. But still balancing out other TV series & movies these next few weeks.

Yellowstone, Mayor of Kingstown, and Dexter will all be wrapping up soon.
We made to ep 3. I might give it another shot. I was tired because when I got in from SA, I showered, ate, chilled with the ol lady for a few, and then we started watching.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
We made to ep 3. I might give it another shot. I was tired because when I got in from SA, I showered, ate, chilled with the ol lady for a few, and then we started watching.

Ok cool. Yeah - I think I'll keep it in the rotation. Just to see what all the praise from critics was for.

I recommended the series to a coworker on Friday. We trade off TV & movie picks.

He's an interesting character. Sometimes we'll agree. Other times he'll dislike quality stuff that fans and critics are liking. And then recommend movies the critics think are mediocre at best.

Interesting to get their takes.

:thumbsup:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Silent Sea

6/10

This is a Sci-Fi thriller series that just debuted on Netflix.

It's a slow burn series that plays out more like a mystery thriller thru-out in some parts.

SFX/VFX are on point and don't look cheesy being its coming from South Korea.

For folks with TV ADHD, the main premise of the series is explained within the first 15 minutes of episode one. Character introduction and development is done in episode one. The series itself is explained in episode 4.

Netflix has it dubbed in English, subtitles are used for signage and when a foreign language is spoken.

Synopsis

During a perilous 24-hour mission on the moon, space explorers try to retrieve samples from an abandoned research facility steeped in classified secrets.

the-silent-sea-season-1-netflix-review-1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@ViCiouS @joneblaze and others that caught season 1 ... how are you liking the current 2nd season of How to with John Wilson?

I've found it just as good as season 1.

Interesting how he structures the theme of the episode. All the footage he pieces together along the way, and how people open up to him. You wonder how much total footage he records that ends up on the cutting room floor, lol.

damn i forgot all about John Wilson...i usually watch it late at night it gives me that haunting feel of a quiet and quirky NYC

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another great season of Truth Be Told on Apple TV. Kate Hudson's character kept me guessing and there were some great reveals throughout
the episodes .Crazy how some lives of the characters on the show are completely changed now.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Book of Boba Fett pretty good start to this series and Disney has been doing well with this series capturing the same atmosphere of the many SW Marvel spin off comics and some of the creature effects reminded me of the work of the late great Ray Harryhausen

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Joe Pickett

A game warden and his family navigate the changing political and socio-economic climate in a small rural town in Wyoming. Surrounded by rich history and vast wildlife, the township hides decades of schemes and secrets that are yet to be uncovered.

I know he`s not the main Character but David Alan Grier in this so maybe ...

Dude from Seven Seconds in it too ...looks like he`s got a major role ...might put it in the trap ...

bd16c7ef4c8d0e3013c2600ffa174663.jpg

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Around The World In 80 Days 2021

Following an outrageous bet, Phileas Fogg and his valet, Passepartout, take on the legendary journey of circumnavigating the globe in just 80 days, swiftly joined by aspiring journalist Abigail Fix, who seizes the chance to report on this extraordinary story.

5b60a1e7f829f2cc4f5a0ed3722b263d.png

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Joe Pickett

A game warden and his family navigate the changing political and socio-economic climate in a small rural town in Wyoming. Surrounded by rich history and vast wildlife, the township hides decades of schemes and secrets that are yet to be uncovered.

I know he`s not the main Character but David Alan Grier in this so maybe ...

Dude from Seven Seconds in it too ...looks like he`s got a major role ...might put it in the trap ...

bd16c7ef4c8d0e3013c2600ffa174663.jpg

Looks like a winner!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
How to with John Wilson - good 2nd season - it's nearly wrapped up - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-reviews/how-to-with-john-wilson-season-2-review-1235052364/

Need to go back to Station Eleven. Only caught the first 3 eps so far.

Been enjoying the newest season of Cobra Kai which dropped yesterday. 6 episodes into it so far - have enjoyed the more serious tone overall. Right amount of comedic levity mixed in too.

Yellowstone ... wish it had been a stronger 4th season. Almost finished & it has been a relatively slow build throughout. Those cliffhangers at the end of the 3rd season had us amped for this current season ... but it hasn't delivered, in our opinion.

Good debut season of Mayor of Kingstown. Gritty. The revenge scene with Renner on last week's episode was intense.

Good start to 1883 as well ... have caught 3 eps thus far.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Hawkeye Disney

Finished season 1 a few days ago. And I thought it was good. Ive seen peoples reaction from YouTube and Facebook. On how they( Disney) so called tricked people into thinking is was supposed to be all about Hawkeye and not his sidekick.

I don't know anything from the comics. Which I'm glad, because I usually come into the Disney shows with a open mind. And no expectations. So after finishing all the episodes. I thought the show was alright.

Can they improve on the show. Hell yeah, but they need time. To do it. I would recommend this show.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished Cobra Kai's latest season the other day.

Enjoyed it. The show has a rhythm and formula to it that's effective.

Here are the early reviews & aggregate scores ...