Official Boxing Thread

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

659845eafaf04df5ba3ee52cc40f5fa3_md.jpg

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jermall & Benevidez not on Canelo level, they should fight each other... Him moving to cruiser is much more of a challenge for him and a better fight especially because he's fighting for an immediate belt...
Well if that's the case then why not fight Briedis then? I'm not interested in another handpicked step up fight like the Kovalev. I don't know anybody who will be impressed with him beating a dude Tony Bellew dusted off in three rounds. Sorry I won't at least :smh:

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well if that's the case then why not fight Briedis then? I'm not interested in another handpicked step up fight like the Kovalev. I don't know anybody who will be impressed with him beating a dude Tony Bellew dusted off in three rounds. Sorry I won't at least :smh:
I realize there's an overwhelming sense of hate towards Canelo, so I'm not here to change your opinion but Briedis has an IBF belt, whereas Makabu has the WBC... Handpicked, aha... Bellew is no slouch himself, beat David Haye twice and the L you're speaking of was in 2016... But back to Canelo it's better for him to go for a major belt than the IBF or no belt at all... Regardless, people will watch so our opinions don't matter

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I realize there's an overwhelming sense of hate towards Canelo, so I'm not here to change your opinion but Briedis has an IBF belt, whereas Makabu has the WBC... Handpicked, aha... Bellew is no slouch himself, beat David Haye twice and the L you're speaking of was in 2016... But back to Canelo it's better for him to go for a major belt than the IBF or no belt at all... Regardless, people will watch so our opinions don't matter

If if were truly about belt prestige as you say, wouldn't it make more sense for Canelo to challenge the winner of Beterbiev/Browne? Since the WBC and IBF titles would be on the line?

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't hate Canelo, I just want to see competitive fights. Matter of fact you can go back a couple pages and see I put money on him to beat the brakes off Billy Hoe's punk ass. lol Secondly, when you're the "Pound for Pound" king, belts really don't matter. In this instance HE is the belt.

Last edited:

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If if were truly about belt prestige as you say, wouldn't it make more sense for Canelo to challenge the winner of Beterbiev/Browne? Since the WBC and IBF titles would be on the line?
Good point, Beterbiev in my mind will win vs Browne, but my thinking is Canelo already hovers around that 175 range, so if he was going to make a move to light heavy he might as well stay at super middle... Jumping to cruiser is a much bigger challenge from 168... The logic behind why he's doing it, I don't know, but I think adding damn near 30lbs to fight for a belt is harder... Makabu might be easier than a Beterbiev fight, but the other factors I mentioned with weight makes it's more challenging... Does the move make sense, nah I don't think it does, but I fuck with the decision cause it's a bold move...

Last edited:

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't hate Canelo, I just want to see competitive fights. Matter of fact you can go back a couple pages and see I put money on him to beat the brakes off Billy Hoe's punk ass. lol Secondly, when you're the "Pound for Pound" king, belts really don't matter. In this instance HE is the belt.
Aww man congrats on the easy money you made, we all knew Billy would get the sleeves beat out of him, we just didn't know he would get his face broken... To your point the belts for Canelo really don't matter and that's why I think making that big jump to cruiser and winning would be more impressive... A test the waters type situation... May not be the most exciting, but definitely it's an interesting decision to say the least...

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good point, Beterbiev in my mind will win vs Browne, but my thinking is Canelo already hovers around that 175 range, so if he was going to make a move to light heavy he might as well stay at super middle... Jumping to cruiser is a much bigger challenge from 168... The logic behind why he's doing it, I don't know, but I think adding damn near 30lbs to fight for a belt is harder... Makabu might be easier than a Beterbiev fight, but the other factors I mentioned with weight makes it's more challenging... Does the move make sense, nah I don't think it does, but I fuck with the decision cause it's a bold move...

Canelo's a great fighter, and he's putting together a spectacular run, but it's painfully obvious as to why Makabu got targeted. Canelo has already cemented himself as the p4p best, so him sniping titles from higher weight classes is pointless (at least to me it is). Especially when considering there are better and tougher fights in divisions he's already in.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Canelo's a great fighter, and he's putting together a spectacular run, but it's painfully obvious as to why Makabu got targeted. Canelo has already cemented himself as the p4p best, so him sniping titles from higher weight classes is pointless (at least to me it is). Especially when considering there are better and tougher fights in divisions he's already in.
I hear what you saying and I mostly agree, but moving up 30lbs to fight is no easy task... I personally don't think there's competition left for him in at super middle - possibly more entertaining for us as fans yes, but tougher/challenging nah...

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear what you saying and I mostly agree, but moving up 30lbs to fight is no easy task... I personally don't think there's competition left for him in at super middle - possibly more entertaining for us as fans yes, but tougher/challenging nah...

Yea right. Benavides, Bivol, and especially Beterbiev, are all tougher/better matchups for Canelo than Makabu.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea right. Benavides, Bivol, and especially Beterbiev, are all tougher/better matchups for Canelo than Makabu.
Bivol and Beterbiev aren't super middle, as I specifically mentioned that weight class in the quote you responded to... Benavides, I don't think he'll challenge Canelo... Benavides vs Jermall is a much better fight than either of them vs Canelo... End of the day we'll be watching the fight, so it is what it is