space jam trailer 2021 (Lebron James)

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Bro...

It wasn't even actual movie critics

These were all salty sports talk crackers

Worse?

They talking bullsh*t about how the first space jam was a classic wonderful movie

Like Google is broken today.
That is what cacs do. That is why it is best to not fuck with them. The only thing I didn't like was the anti-parenting message but it wouldn't have gotten made if he didn't give in to those evil bastards. It was a perfect segway to chop it up with my boys and my Pops about Hollywood bullshit.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
It was a decent movie, I never seen the first one to compare. I’d give C+. My son liked it becaue the gaming aspect my daughter like it for the basketball.

The thing that caught my eye was how bad of actor Lebron is. Going up against Don Cheadle was a bad look, it shines a light on how bad he is an actor.

Props to Bron for being a good dad. You can see how not having a father in his life shaped who he is as father.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That is what cacs do. That is why it is best to not fuck with them. The only thing I didn't like was the anti-parenting message but it wouldn't have gotten made if he didn't give in to those evil bastards. It was a perfect segway to chop it up with my boys and my Pops about Hollywood bullshit.

I didn't take it like that.

I'll PM you my personal story if I can but...

I didn't take it as anti parent

I took it as parenting evolved

These kids are DIFFERENT

We gotta listen be involved be aware play their games speak their language

Or else...

The AL G rhythm is gonna corrupt them.

But you know I be looking extra deep in stuff so don't mind me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I will hear u cause i respect u cause of u i w ill watch big bro

Bro...

It's a kid family movie

Silly simple premise but had depth if you really pay attention

You gotta watch these movies in context

I don't like how the black kids movie has to be Citizen Kane

But triple recycled white lead kid movie makes a billion with complete trash no one says nothing cause it's a kids movie

Every kids movie ain't Pixar and even Pixar ain't Pixar no more

And that's ok.

All the kids in my circle 12 and under loved it

The parent were amused

Loved seeing a real black family

A black father

Black villian

Great effects

Ton of sports jokes

Had as many easter eggs as ready player one

Rewatchable

It's was good.

Could have been better? Yes. But that goes for 90% of all movies.

Last edited:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro...

It's a kid family movie

Silly simple premise but had depth if you really pay attention

You gotta watch these movies on context

I don't like how the black kids movie has to be Citizen Kane

But triple recycled white leas kid movie makes a billion with complete trash no one says nothing cause it's a kids movie

Every kids movie ain't Pixar and even Pixar ain't Pixar no more

And that's ok.

All the kids in my circle 12 and under loved it

The parent were amused

Loved seeing a real black family

A black father

Black villian

Great effects

Ton of sports jokes

Had as many easter eggs as ready player one

Rewatchable

It's was good.

Could have been better? Yes. But that goes for 90% of all movies.

I will disagree though about some of these kids movies...it depends on which ones because some of these kids movies are better than adult movies. Pixar has that shit on lock. Soul was a good ass movie. Its rare you see a shitty written Pixar film. Not sure why that is but they actually put forth effort.

In regards to Space Jam....its only so much you can do when you are forced to use all these Warner properties.....at the end of the day Space Jam 2 was meant to be a promotional tool for HBO Max....they didn't give a damn about no story even though I'll say that this story was much more interesting and made much more sense than that first Space Jam.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I will disagree though about some of these kids movies...it depends on which ones because some of these kids movies are better than adult movies. Pixar has that shit on lock. Soul was a good ass movie. Its rare you see a shitty written Pixar film. Not sure why that is but they actually put forth effort.

In regards to Space Jam....its only so much you can do when you are forced to use all these Warner properties.....at the end of the day Space Jam 2 was meant to be a promotional tool for HBO Max....they didn't give a damn about no story even though I'll say that this story was much more interesting and made much more sense than that first Space Jam.

I hear you bro

but understand what I'm saying for every Spiderverse and Toys 1 and 2...

Many hated on Soul and Luca and onward.

And trolls etc made more than Pixar movies and that was trash

I'm saying I don't like when black movies are held to a higher standard

And this revisionist history on the brilliance of the 1st space jam.

Who cares WHY the movie was made?

you like it or you don't?

I was entertained my family was too

You didn't like it I respect your opinion

that's cool

I'm sh*tting on the folk who didn't even see it yet, didn't watch the whole thing or acting like MJ is better than lebron at EVERY THING even movies on some black on black garbage.

Most folk decided they were gonna hate it before they even saw it.

And these cacs on a mission too so I'm here to make sure they called out.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘Space Jam: A New Legacy’ Steals Ball Away From ‘Black Widow’ With $32M Opening, Best For Family Pic During Pandemic
By Anthony D'Alessandro
Anthony D'Alessandro
Editorial Director/Box Office Editor

July 17, 2021 7:42am

Saturday AM Update: Warner Bros.’ long awaited sequel to the 25-year old family classic Space Jam —Space Jam: A New Legacyhad a four point shot at the box office yesterday, with $13.1M at 3,965 theaters, for what will be a $32M opening weekend.
Disney

The results squash the second Friday and anticipated weekend of Disney/Marvel’s Black Widow, which did $8M yesterday, one of the worst Friday-to-Friday drops for a recent standalone origin MCU title at -80%, on its way to a $25.6M second weekend, a -68% drop, no thanks to the film’s availability in homes on Disney+ Premier for $29.99. If you think it’s unfair to comp Black Widow to pre-pandemic MCU origin films, well, then, know that her drop is even steeper than the second Fridays of F9 (-72%) and A Quiet Place Part II (-68%). By the end of the weekend, Black Widow will count $131.3M at the domestic B.O.

The total weekend B.O. looks to come in around $93M, off 22% from last weekend’s pandemic weekend high of $118.46M. While a notable take for the pandemic, we’re still behind 65% when compared to weekend 29 of 2019 (which overall grossed $263.8M; that’s when Disney reboot of The Lion King opened). With Canada’s Ontario reopening 70% of its theaters (with capacity restrictions) yesterday, the number of 5,88K domestic cinemas in operation currently resides at 83%.

Space Jam: A New Legacy‘s opening reps the biggest for Warner Bros. during the pandemic, besting Godzilla vs. Kong‘s 3-day of $28.2M and the best opening for a family movie. The pic is also available day-and-date in homes on HBO Max. It also reps the biggest opening for director Malcolm D. Lee outstripping the $31M debut of Girls Trip and also the filmmaker’s third film to open at No. 1. The sequel’s opening easily beats the $27.5M opening of Space Jam, not accounting for inflation, which ended its domestic run at $90.4M.

Space Jam: A New Legacy received an A- CinemaScore, the same grade as the first 1996 movie, and saw a bulk of walk-up business last night, especially from teens, indicative of moviegoing for the first Lego movie, which played beyond its family demo. Huge turnout by African Americans at 36%, Latino 23%, Caucasian 32%, and Asian/other 9% in Comscore/Screen Engine PostTrak exits. Space Jam: A New Legacy overperformed in the East and South, but the West was the most dominant territory. Premium Large Format screens drove 4% of the business, I understand.

On CinemaScore exits, those under 18 gave Space Jam: A New Legacy a solid A, while those under 35 gave it an A-, along with the under-25 demo. Males (53%) and females (47%) gave the Lee-directed sequel an A-. PostTrak exits were less brighter than CinemaScore, showing 78% in the top two boxes and 58% recommend, though kids under 12 gave it a 84% positive with a 70% recommend. PostTrak make-up showed 58% guys, 60% under 25 with 48% under 17. Critics aren’t so hot on Space Jam: A New Legacy at 31% Rotten, but that’s not impacting the box office.
Zoey Davis (Taylor Russell)and Ben Miller (Logan Miller) in Columbia Pictures’ Escape Room 2.Sony

Sony’s Escape Room: Tournament of Champions did $3.8M yesterday, including $1.2M Thursday previews, for a 3-day of $8.66M, which is what Sony was expecting on this $15M horror movie. Escape Room 2 received a B CinemaScore, just like its first installment. PostTrack audience exits were at a low 69% with a 44% recommend. The film had a similar diversity make-up as Space Jam 2, 29% African American, 27% Latino, 32% Caucasian, and 12% Asian/other.

Remember it’s a PG-13 film, and teens were also heading out to see Space Jam 2, which makes one wonder if this particular Sony sequel was losing business to the animated-live-action hybrid title. An even split between males and females, with 53% under 25, 62% between 18-34. Best business was on the coasts and in the south for this Adam Robitel-directed movie. Critics were so-so on the first movie back in 2019 at 51% Rotten, and their opinions in the horror pic haven’t improved at 42% Rotten.

In a sign that that the arthouse biz is coming back slowly: Focus Features’ documentary about Anthony Bourdain, Roadrunner from director Morgan Neville, did $760K yesterday (estimated $250K from Thursday previews) on its way to a $1.66M debut in 8th place at 927 theaters for a $1,791 per theater average in 189 markets.

Pic is 95% certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and has a 21-day window. Great PostTrak exits here at 94% positive and a 61% recommend. Pic played best on the coasts, with four of its top ten runs coming out of NYC. Females shows up at 52%, with 91% over 25 and 53% between 25-44. Diversity breakdown was 66% Caucasian, 19% Latino, 3% African American and 12% Asian/other.
NEON

NEON’s truffle hunter-bent-on-revenge feature Pig, starring Nicolas Cage and Alex Wolff, posted an estimated $372K yesterday, on its way to a $1M 3-day in the top 10 from 550 theaters for a $1,818 per theater average. Pic is on a traditional 42-day window, and I hear it posted good results in NY, LA, Chicago, San Francisco and Portland Oregon.

Weekend’s top 5:
  1. Space Jam: A New Legacy (WB) 3,965 theaters Fri $13.1M/3-day: $32M/Wk 1
  2. Black Widow (Dis) 4,275 theaters (+115)/Fri $8M (-80%)/3-day $25.6M (-68%)/Total $131.3M/Wk 2
  3. Escape Room: Tournament of Champions (Sony) 2,815 theaters Fri $3.8M/3-day $8.66M/Wk 1
  4. F9 (Uni) 3,368 theaters (-281), Fri $2.18M (-38% from prev Friday)/3-day $6.7M (-41%)/Total: $153.9M/ Wk 4
  5. Boss Baby: Family Business (Uni) 3,449 theaters (-239), Fri $1.47M (-50%)/3-day $4.4M (-50%)/total $44.3M/Wk 3

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
I didn't take it like that.

I'll PM you my personal story if I can but...

I didn't take it as anti parent

I took it as parenting evolved

These kids are DIFFERENT

We gotta listen be involved be aware play their games speak their language

Or else...

The AL G rhythm is gonna corrupt them.

But you know I be looking extra deep in stuff so don't mind me.
Algorithm is the streets, dealers, and stickup kids. His movie son was easily influenced by outside forces. Usually, you don't get second chances to come back to the fold. Both my boys would have been plotting his murder so they can escape and get back to me. :lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Algorithm is the streets, dealers, and stickup kids. His movie son was easily influenced by outside forces. Usually, you don't get second chances to come back to the fold. Both my boys would have been plotting his murder so they can escape and get back to me. :lol:

YO BRO!!!

I was saying that TO THE KIDS and other to the other parents in the group chat

WE ALL were Reminding these children how damn UNGRATEFUL Dom was ...

YOU would be proud to know...

all our kids agreed!

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
YO BRO!!!

I was saying that TO THE KIDS and other to the other parents in the group chat

WE ALL were Reminding these children how damn UNGRATEFUL Dom was ...

YOU would be proud to know...

all our kids agreed!
Good shit and great discussion. IMO, any situation when kids are under 18 is a teachable moment.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
spend time with your kids and watch this you deadbeat niggas. laz loves the kids. I'm sure we will get some cameos in there for the adults.