"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Keep our masks on??? They ain't gotta tell me twice.

The CDC was basically experimenting with us saying masks use isn't necessary yet. But the truth is that this pandemic aint over until the ENTIRE world is fully vaccinated.
We all said it was wayyy too early.

I went to my nephew's graduation Friday and was one of only a few people still wearing a mask. :smh:

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Georgia passed a law a few years back that said that possession of firearm wasn't probable cause for officers to verify identity or even ask if the person has a license to carry. The day that law went live, we had a shooting here. And we pretty much had 4-5 shooting/gunfire incidents a week after that, and still do. Not being able to hold people accountable just let all the shady ass people be shadier.

The problem, again, is that the directives are being misused and manipulated by the people who won't do the right thing. If enough people were vaccinated, everyone could stay relatively safe. But lifting the mask mandate for vaccinated people without including any enforceable means of verification just means that the unvaccinated people that weren't wearing a mask before will continue not doing so, which is actually unsafe.

If you're already vaccinated, wearing a mask will only help so much. It's these "mah freedom" folks that need to look out for each other, but they're too busy giving the same number of fucks they gave this whole past year, namely zero. So we have to face the reality that we probably aren't going to get past this hurdle, at least not if the US has anything to say about it.

Hell. I just hope I can have a little taste of being out and about before it's lockdown time again. It won't be an official mandate, but I'm going to lock myself down before stuff gets extra stupid again.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Jes McKenzie

BANNED
Registered

The CDC was basically experimenting with us saying masks use isn't necessary yet. But the truth is that this pandemic aint over until the ENTIRE world is fully vaccinated.
in which it will not be happening.So keep dreaming.Its over buddy.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Australia, he's a member of parliament there. Less than 5% of their population has been fully vaccinated.

The US has fully vaccinated a massive amount of people.

The percentages in that chart can be a little misleading.

Israel's total population is 9 million.
Bahrain's total population is 1.6 million.
Mongolia's total population is 3.2 million.

New York state alone has fully vaccinated 10 million people.

E43LebJVEAIf3hy

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't have a medical degree, but I have to disagree with them on this.

I think that depends on your personal situation. If I'm working or interacting in an environment with a lot of different people, I don't think I should just continue to do that if I might have been exposed. Until or unless they can confirm that asymptomatic transmission isn't possible from vaccinated people.

Hmm. It kinda sounds like that's the test they're running with this ad campaign.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Been doing our grocery shopping weekday mornings - usually just after 7am. Relatively quiet & out of there before 8am. Everyone's masked up & properly distanced. Store hours are 7am - 11pm (Superstore). Anyway, we stopped in a week and a half ago at Costco to get a new set of tires at their tire center. Don't have a Costco membership, so hadn't been there in a few years. Fam' member had their card. Everyone's masked up, but mid-morning (tire center opens at 9) the place is packed. Inside and out in the parking lot. No social distancing - especially mid-store feeding the line-ups. Felt claustrophobic. We were just killing some time awaiting the call that the tires were replaced. We headed over to the TV & electronics section and chilled there. It was EMPTY.

What's it like where you get your groceries?

Used to go Saturday mornings ... but it's been weekdays now since covid.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

44646289-9731341-image-a-2_1624837220948.jpg

44767419-9732481-Around_18_million_Australians_70_per_cent_of_the_population_are_-a-2_1624898370264.jpg

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

44646289-9731341-image-a-2_1624837220948.jpg

44767419-9732481-Around_18_million_Australians_70_per_cent_of_the_population_are_-a-2_1624898370264.jpg
Oh my

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor