Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Robinhood Markets on Thursday may have delivered the first shot across the bow in the trading of virtual assets, highlighting that buying and selling assets like bitcoin carries no transaction fees on its venue, pointing to fees that exist at competitors Coinbase Global (COIN) and Gemini and PayPal's(PYPL) Venmo.

Coinbase explains its transaction fee structure here (https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/trading-and-funding/ pricing-and-fees/fees), noting that it also varies by region.

Robinhood makes the case that the fees aren't insignificant in its promotion of its services, saying that "if you invested $100, you'll pay around $3 in fees on other platforms, and could lose out on unrealized gains"

RH made good points....but they still the opps!

They are not to be trusted

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
How y'all do your taxes with all these short term capital gains?

I was real worried about it going in, but I don't think I did enough damage for it to have been an issue. Plus I think losses balanced some of my shit out.

A lot of the companies I talk about are long term holds though

30% into high yield savings accounts until the tax man calls

Good man.

Not sure if it was you, but someone on here posted this real good article by this million dollar trader dude who chronicled his entire year of trades, and money movements month-to-month. Numbers and everything.

The most interesting part to me was how he had the discipline to set aside the 30% like clockwork every month. You could tell he was either bit in the ass in the past or just knew to avoid that heat down the road.

Folks don't talk about how to cover their bases enough, so props to you for having that foresight..

Last edited:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Discipline!!!!!! It will save your life.
I put away 50%. I aint taking no chances!!!!

I was real worried about it going in, but I don't think I did enough damage for it to have been an issue. Plus I think losses balanced some of my shit out.

A lot of the companies I talk about are long term holds though

Good man.

Not sure if it was you, but someone on here posted this real good article of this million dollar trader dude who chronicled his entire year of trades, and money movements month-to-month. Numbers and everything.

The most interesting part to me was how he had the discipline to set aside the 30% like clockwork every month. You could tell he was either bit in the ass in the past or just knew to avoid that heat down the road.

Folks don't talk about how to cover their bases enough, so props to you for having that foresight..

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
MOSY has been a power play this week.....i should have got in on the swing back on June 1st.
got in this morning tho.

MissMighty

Fuck You INGRATES
Platinum Member
At AMC's peak I was up 500% and had a daily gain of 67k alone and I didn't sell because I'm not no paper handed lil bitch. Mathematically it's going to grow exponentially and all we have to do is hold while they are paying astronomical interest to try to screw us and still haven't covered. Until my gains are life changing I'm not selling and no one who actually knows what's going on would. All that day trading shit on this stock is for the birds.

Last edited:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What up sis.
I was thinking the same thing but I knew if I said it, I would hurt peoples feelings so I just chilled.
I love that you said this.

At AMC's peak I was up 500% and had a daily gain of 67k alone and I didn't sell because I'm not no paper handed lil bitch. Mathematically it's going to grow exponentially and all we have to do is hold while they are paying astronomical interest to try to screw us and still haven't covered. Until my gains are life changing I'm not selling and no one who actually knows what's going on wood. All that day trading shit on this stock is for the birds.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
At AMC's peak I was up 500% and had a daily gain of 67k alone and I didn't sell because I'm not no paper handed lil bitch. Mathematically it's going to grow exponentially and all we have to do is hold while they are paying astronomical interest to try to screw us and still haven't covered. Until my gains are life changing I'm not selling and no one who actually knows what's going on would. All that day trading shit on this stock is for the birds.

How high do you think it will go, or what pps are you considering as your exit point?

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Got a scenario/challenge for the experts in this group. I want to set up a BGOL portfolio through M1 Finance and this is the criteria, goal, and review periods:

1. Initial investment $400
  2. One year from now build the portfolio to $5,000
  3. Weekly investments $50/week scheduled every Sunday.
  4. Focus on keeping the portfolio to just 10 investments(ind. stocks, EFTs, Bonds, REITs, crypto, etc) nothing is out of bounds.
  5. Trades will be made every Monday.

My questions are:

1. What 10 investments would you start with today?
  2. What would be the allocation to each?
  3. What benchmarks would you consider selling the investment, increasing or decreasing the allocation(% wise)?
If I'm missing some other factors or criteria, let me know. This thread is one of the best ones on the board.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Over. The amount of shares they've made up is more than the amount that exists. There's literally no more shares to buy.

Word.

Here's some more analysis on that, and some of the failure to deliver numbers for AMC....

It should be interesting. Good luck.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey,

Im going all in all blackberry, that shit is NOT a meme stock...

they shut down their failing cell phone business, to focus

on their top notch global cyber security business...

not to mention they teamed up with Amazon

to secure systems in automobiles....

sooner or later sales on electric cars will boom....

and so will blackberrys stock...

and since it is associated with wallstreet bets

you also have the chance of it just taking off

just cause its part of the meme mafia

there will be fuckery to scare off the weak hands

since hedgefunds are hoping it tanks. and will do

everything in their power to ensure it does..

its just in this new dimension, they dont have all the power

they once had...

gamestock has wallstreet experts banging their heads on the wall

and quiet as its kept

we fuckin LOVIN THAT SHIT

LOL