Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Discussion!!!

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

There's just so much to unpack here. Assuming this is true - and it's been widely reported that the Niners were making offers for Darnold but the Jets didn't hear anything they liked:

It's hard to decide who made the stupider move, the 49ers for being willing to spend that much to get a guy the Jets had to move, or the Jets not screaming "YES!" at the offer and then hanging up before San Fran took it back. Seriously, if this was a Debate Team, you could take either side of the discussion and make a compelling case. It's as if Joe Douglas and John Lynch were in a Worse GMing contest and both were determined to win. The last time you saw two grown men making worse decisions than these, there was suntan lotion involved.

But if I have to decide - and I kind of do, since I've painted myself into a rhetorical corner - the winner is Joe Douglas, by a nose.Even if you're concerned about Zach Wilson's shoulder, fine. That's reasonable enough. But how do you not take the 12th pick for Darnold? Hell, most of us were surprised they got the picks they did for him. Failing to pounce on that Niners offer is criminal malfeasance. Worse than if the U.S. didn't buy Alaska from the Russians for $7 million while they had the chance.

As far as the 49ers go, all this does if further enhance the narrative that they are desperate to move on from Jimmy Garoppolo. As Niner's Nation put it in reaction to this Darnold report:
[T]he team is far more quarterback hungry than they’ve led on … [A]ssuming this is true, the door on Jimmy Garoppolo must’ve shut a long time ago.
I understand why the team continues to prop up Garoppolo’s trade value. No logical organization who traded three first-round picks and a third-rounder to move up for a quarterback will talk down on their current starter when you consider how much money he is making.
We’ve seen his teammate start to pivot, too. Before the trade, we heard all of the 49ers speak highly about Jimmy G and how he would get the team back to the Super Bowl. On Wednesday, [Kyle] Juszczyk said he’d support whichever quarterback the 49ers start this season.
I’ve seen Fred Warner and Javon Kinlaw like posts of Justin Fields on Instagram in the past week. The writing feels like it’s on the wall for Jimmy’s return and has been for a while, but we’re starting to see everything come full circle now.
Exactly. Like I've been saying since their trade to No. 3 happened, you don't spend that much draft capital on a QB just to bench him for one of the few seasons you'll have him on a rookie contract. Nor do you offer No. 12 for damaged goods like Sam Darnold unless you really, really are not preparing for a future with Jimmy G.

I know I keep hammering this story, but only because Garappolo back to New England gets more plausible by the day. This report only makes me more convinced. And also more convinced that, no matter who is running the Jets, they're going to do it as badly as it can be done.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
REPORT: “REAL POSSIBILITY” CHIEFS BROUGHT INTO CIVIL LAWSUIT OVER BRITT REID’S CRASH & WHAT HE TOLD POLICE
April 12, 2021

By Darrelle Lincoln
Writer for Total Pro Sports Since August 31, 2015

GettyImages-1277254957.jpg

The Chiefs may be shelling out a ton of cash, according to the latest reports involving a former employee.

Britt Reid, the son of Kansas City head coach Andy Reid, has been charged with driving while intoxicated, a class D felony. He faces a potential jail sentence of one to seven years. This all stems from an investigation into a serious car crash back in February.

The crash resulted in a severe brain injury for a five-year-old girl, Ariel Young, who was a passenger in a different vehicle. Young was left in a coma for several weeks and is still recovering. Britt Reid told authorities he had consumed a few drinks and used Adderall.

He also had a statement that now implicates his former employer.

“Britt Reid admitted to police that “he had left work” prior to the car crash. There is now a real possibility that his employer, the Kansas City Chiefs, will get brought into a civil lawsuit by the victim, a 5-year old girl.”

“Here’s the police report.”

It reads as:

On 02/04/2021 at 2110 hours, Kansas City, Missouri Police Officers responded to 1-435 and Stadium Drive in, Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri, on a reported injury crash. Upon arrival it was determined a white, 2020 Dodge Ram pickup bearing Missouri dealer license, D385, had been involved in a crash with two stationary vehicles; a gray, 2009 Chevy Impala bearing Missouri license, LDOZ9G and a silver, 2009 Chevy Traverse bearing Missouri license 04VN4V.

A juvenile passenger of the Chevy Traverse, AY (5 years of age) sustained life threatening injuries in the crash. Members of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department Accident Investigation Section took control of the scene and conducted an investigation. Investigators determined the Dodge Ram being operated by Britt E. Reid (w/m 04/28/1985) was traveling southbound on 1-435 south of Stadium Drive in the #4 lane of travel.

ACM data obtained under the authority of a search warrant indicated the Dodge’s speed was 82.6 MPH in a posted 65 MPH zone 5 seconds before the crash. Approximately 680 feet south of the gore point from the Raytown Road entrance ramp onto southbound 1-435, the Chevy Impala had stalled and was stationary facing southbound. At this point the shoulder measured approximately 4.97 feet. The Impala was 1.08 feet from the guardrail leaving 2.2 feet of the vehicle in the #4 lane of travel. Approximately 231 feet south of the stalled Impala, the Chevy Traverse was stopped 2.85 feet from the guardrail leaving the vehicle partially in the #4 lane of travel.

The night of the crash, initial responding officer made contact with Reid who stated he had left work and was entering southbound 1-435 from Raytown Road driving the white, 2020 Dodge Ram. As he was approaching the point where he needed to merge onto the highway, he was looking over his left shoulder to evaluate traffic so he could merge. He struck the Chevy Impala which he did not see as there were no lights on the vehicle. Reid stated he continued southbound where he rear ended the Chevy Traverse.

Officer J. White of the DUI Unit made contact with Reid at the scene of the crash. Officer White detected an odor of intoxicants and noted his eyes were bloodshot and red. The Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus test was administered and 4 of 6 clues were observed. A search warrant was sought and granted by Jackson County Circuit Court.

The warrant was executed 3 hours post-crash and indicated a blood alcohol concentration of .072 and a blood alcohol concentration of .062, 3.5 hours post-crash. Medical records for Reid were obtained under the authority of a court subpoena and revealed a serum blood alcohol concentration of .113 at 2307 hours on 02/04/2021. Reid suffered a blunt force trauma injury to his groin requiring emergency surgery.

According to the Jackson County (Mo.) Prosecutor’s Office, via NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo, the lack of other charges is related to Missouri state laws, not Reid receiving “favorable treatment.”

Got a real strong feeling as a result of his son's actions this will be Andy Reid's last year.

wTPPQF.jpg

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
i got washington taking either a beast LB or LT Christian Darrisaw (i hope)

And if one of those QB's fall out of the top 10
I wouldn't be surprised if Washington jumps up
Depending on the QB of course :cool:

G-Men at 11. I'm good with us taking Waddle or Micah Parsons at 11 or trading down and taking Kwity Paye at a lower spot

Nice picks
Yeah, both look like they are going to be good players :cool:

@darth frosty
Man the Lions better snatch up one of those QB's
If Lance or Fields is there, don't pass them up
Trust me, Goff is not the answer, he's just a bridge QB
I've seen enough of that dude over the years to know
Let Lance/Fields sit & learn behind Goff for 2 years, then start your franchise QB
By the time they are ready to start, Aaron Rogers might be gone
Then the Lions could compete for the division title

:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
@darth frosty
Man the Lions better snatch up one of those QB's
If Lance or Fields is there, don't pass them up
Trust me, Goff is not the answer, he's just a bridge QB
I've seen enough of that dude over the years to know
Let Lance/Fields sit & learn behind Goff for 2 years, then start your franchise QB
By the time they are ready to start, Aaron Rogers might be gone
Then the Lions could compete for the division title

:cool::cool::cool:
Lance IMO is a hybrid Mahomes/L Jackson I would love for the Lions to take him at 7.

If Fields falls that low grab him!

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

QB PROSPECT ZACH WILSON LATEST INSTAGRAM FOLLOW SUGGESTS HE’S HEADED TO THE NEW YORK JETS (PICS)
April 18, 2021
By Darrelle Lincoln

Zach Wilson’s stock has been trending upwards after an incredible last season with BYU. It now appears the youngster knows where he’s headed to start his NFL career.

Social media detectives took a look at Wilson’s Instagram and found that he recently started following All In One Stop Shop, which is a vinyl car shop in Lodi, New Jersey. That is 30-minute drive from Florham Park – home of the New York Jets.

On top of that, many many current and former members of the Jets also follow the place as well.

It is no secret the Jets are going to draft a QB after trading Sam Darnold to the Carolina Panthers, it’s just a matter of which QB they were going to go with.

As a junior in 2020, Wilson racked up 3,692 yards and 33 touchdowns with only three interceptions. He went 11-1 as a starter.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

QB PROSPECT ZACH WILSON LATEST INSTAGRAM FOLLOW SUGGESTS HE’S HEADED TO THE NEW YORK JETS (PICS)
April 18, 2021
By Darrelle Lincoln

Zach Wilson’s stock has been trending upwards after an incredible last season with BYU. It now appears the youngster knows where he’s headed to start his NFL career.

Social media detectives took a look at Wilson’s Instagram and found that he recently started following All In One Stop Shop, which is a vinyl car shop in Lodi, New Jersey. That is 30-minute drive from Florham Park – home of the New York Jets.

On top of that, many many current and former members of the Jets also follow the place as well.

It is no secret the Jets are going to draft a QB after trading Sam Darnold to the Carolina Panthers, it’s just a matter of which QB they were going to go with.

As a junior in 2020, Wilson racked up 3,692 yards and 33 touchdowns with only three interceptions. He went 11-1 as a starter.

The tweet does not show up for me, fam
Maybe it got deleted or something, I dunno :dunno:

But yeah the only thing I worry about him is injuries
Dude is sometimes reckless with his body
Instead of just sliding, dude will lower his shoulder & try to run through people
In the NFL, he's gonna learn the hard way