WandaVision | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
stop being a dick.

i was reading Dr Strange in 1976.

this comes directly from the Marvel website:

The concept of astral projection assumes the existence of another body, separate from the physical body and capable of traveling to non-physical planes of existence

cot damn ninny. :smh:
did you just call bruh a ninny....

1XF1.jpg

ol' ass....

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All the Xmen shit was thrown out the window.

I am slightly worried about the future of movies.

The writing is blurring the lines of average.

Still good but I am worried they are doing too much.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

After watching the end of that..... :lol: I think dude - might be right....

A few hurt feelings in the comments :giggle:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
whats dumb to observe that she committed an atrocity then kinda flew away with no repercussions...even beind told that what she was did in freeing people she and no right to enslave in the first place was heroic...

Dude this is just comic books.

The fuck are we doing?

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude this is just comic books.

The fuck are we doing?
its a fictional story for sure but people use fictional stories to justify or reinforce aspects of their lives all the time. Why do you think representation and diversity are such hot button issues today (and have been for a long time in american society really).

We ALL flocked to see Star Wars, The Matrix and Harry Potter

But when a black kid sees those movies he sees a white man save the galaxy, a white man save the world and white kid manipulate reality itself

When a white kid watches those movies he sees HIMSELF save the galaxy, HIMSELF save the world, HIMSELF manipulating reality itself.

Do you realize how powerful that is?

Its IMPORTANT that we see ourselves...that our CHILDREN see themselves doing anything they imagine.. why do you think black people were so happy to see Black Panther?

In WandaVision we see a white woman whos very powerful and no one can stop.. there's no check for her. That's an incredible image to show little white girls.

But there are real-world parallels when you consider how the push for reparations has gained gotten attention and the response is that the crime was too big (and too long ago) to make any kinds of amends for. The same thing happens in the show. Wanda's CRIME (and it was a crime) was just brushed off as one of those things..

can her victims sue her for it...no

does she even consider compensating them for the time lost and pain endured while she used them against their will to worked out her personal issues? no.

does any of this sound familiar?

Whats the moral of WandaVision? there are no consequences for inflicting chaos(magic) in innocent people's lives.

but hey its just comic books right??

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
whats dumb to observe that she committed an atrocity then kinda flew away with no repercussions...even beind told that what she was did in freeing people she and no right to enslave in the first place was heroic...
I posted it because I thought that was an odd supposition , but yeah, geech, dude had a point. No repercussions other than a few :hmm: dirty looks.:giggle:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
its a fictional story for sure but people use fictional stories to justify or reinforce aspects of their lives all the time. Why do you think representation and diversity are such hot button issues today (and have been for a long time in american society really).

We ALL flocked to see Star Wars, The Matrix and Harry Potter

But when a black kid sees those movies he sees a white man save the galaxy, a white man save the world and white kid manipulate reality itself

When a white kid watches those movies he sees HIMSELF save the galaxy, HIMSELF save the world, HIMSELF manipulating reality itself.

Do you realize how powerful that is?

Its IMPORTANT that we see ourselves...that our CHILDREN see themselves doing anything they imagine.. why do you think black people were so happy to see Black Panther?

In WandaVision we see a white woman whos very powerful and no one can stop.. there's no check for her. That's an incredible image to show little white girls.

But there are real-world parallels when you consider how the push for reparations has gained gotten attention and the response is that the crime was too big (and too long ago) to make any kinds of amends for. The same thing happens in the show. Wanda's CRIME (and it was a crime) was just brushed off as one of those things..

can her victims sue her for it...no

does she even consider compensating them for the time lost and pain endured while she used them against their will to worked out her personal issues? no.

does any of this sound familiar?

Whats the moral of WandaVision? there are no consequences for inflicting chaos(magic) in innocent people's lives.

but hey its just comic books right??

It is just comic books.

The story told here has been told in comic books before, again and again and again.

The more powerful the character, the more people pay the price.

The story itself has nothing to do with reparations or any other current movement. Its just a storyline they can tell and so they are doing it.

Comic book shows/movies usually do not have morals. Some have themes. In this case, the theme is that hurt people hurt people. People have to take care of their mental and emotional health. Wanda was going to keep hurting people around her, whether she realized it or not, until she took care of working through her grief. Exactly like... The House of M storyline, starring the very same character, and has nothing to do anything you just said.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It is just comic books.

The story told here has been told in comic books before, again and again and again.

The story itself has nothing to do with reparations or any other current movement. Its just a storyline they can tell and so they are doing it.

Comic book shows/movies usually do not have morals. Some have themes. In this case, the theme is that hurt people hurt people. People have to take care of their mental and emotional health. Wanda was going to keep hurting people around her, whether she realized it or not, until she took care of working through her grief. Exactly like... The House of M storyline, starring the very same character, and has nothing to do anything you just said.
Dude probably wasn't even serious, just making a non-serious comparison, probably just for laughs....

You taking a bit personal aren't you?

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Dude probably wasn't even serious, just making a non-serious comparison, probably just for laughs....

You taking a bit personal aren't you?

Nah man,

I should be more clear.

Im not calling dude dumb and yes clearly its done more for jokes.

Its become popular to make everything a racial issue on twitter and Im hoping that trend doesn't make its way to the MCU shows/movies.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah man,

I should be more clear.

Im not calling dude dumb and yes clearly its done more for jokes.

Its become popular to make everything a racial issue on twitter and Im hoping that trend doesn't make its way to the MCU shows/movies.
America was built on race - but I do see and concede to your point.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It is just comic books.

I didn't say the story had anything to do with reparations just that the person who made the vid made an observation and drew a real-world parallel.

I'm sure the writer didn't intend to do that or even thought of it but thats what that person saw in the story.

and comic stories have morality plays and themes more than not. hell the xmen and mutants were analogous to the jews in nazi times and blacks in jim crow...that was purposeful.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
I didn't say the story had anything to do with reparations just that the person who made the vid made an observation and drew a real-world parallel.

I'm sure the writer didn't intend to do that or even thought of it but thats what that person saw in the story.

and comic stories have morality plays and themes more than not. hell the xmen and mutants were analogous to the jews in nazi times and blacks in jim crow...that was purposeful.

Gotcha, there is that real world parallel to be drawn like you said. Its my bad i thought ya'll was saying it was done on purpose.