Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
- By your definition, 60 Minutes is "sympathetic" to MAGA because they've done several episodes over the years just discussing the topic.
wow - I guess when you watch 60 minutes in your dimension - they allow guest false narratives w/o also giving editorial context, correction or pushback from the interviewing journalist in real time.... and never set aside time to revisit or issue corrections when they discover error or deception...

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
again - I keep seeing you talk about the shows - not the live streams on After Dark nor the Facebook chats
I speak of the shows because that is their primary platform.
I listen to After Dark on YouTube.
I've also seen clips and topics from Facebook.
And posts made by outside posters not affiliated with their show does not make them MAGA. :smh:

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wow - I guess when you watch 60 minutes in your dimension - they allow guest false narratives w/o also giving editorial context, correction or pushback from the interviewing journalist in real time.... and never set aside time to revisit or issue corrections when they discover error or deception...
No.
60 Minutes brings on guests who's viewpoints don't necessarily represent their own and they either challenge that viewpoint by questioning them, by doing an investigation or do an expose regarding them. They try not to take sides. You either SWIM:

or
You SINK...

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude,
- We've got people on this very board who are probably die hard Republicans but that doesn't make BGOL a MAGA website.
- We've got dudes here who LOVE White women and regularly post them here. But that doesn't make BGOL a "White" website.
- We've got atheists, agnostics and non believers on this board expressing their beliefs but you also have Christians and Muslims here doing the same as well. That doesn't mean this board chooses ANY particular side to support.

In the end, just allowing others to express themselves on your board, does not mean you support them nor their politics.
And it's that kind of blind intolerance that makes the world of social media a fucked up place to be... :dunno:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Dude,
- We've got people on this very board who are probably die hard Republicans but that doesn't make BGOL a MAGA website.
- We've got dudes here who LOVE White women and regularly post them here. But that doesn't make BGOL a "White" website.
- We've got atheists, agnostics and non believers on this board expressing their beliefs but you also have Christians and Muslims here doing the same as well. That doesn't mean this board chooses ANY particular side to support.

In the end, just allowing others to express themselves on your board, does not mean you support them nor their politics.
And it's that kind of blind intolerance that makes the world of social media a fucked up place to be... :dunno:

imma jump in
but hold on I STILL aint watch :lol:

so this is NOT directed at YOU personally

but just on what I have been reading in this thread from now MULTIPLE brothers I trust?

there IS a difference

on BGOL we let you say all that stuff true

but you start disparaging Black folk or posting homosexual content?

You banned, or ignored right? So we got RULES

but forget that part for a moment.

MAGA? I don't have any SYMPATHY or tolerance for that sh*t in any form

cause its ENTIRE FOUNDATION IS BASED ON MISINFORMATION AND LIES AND RACISM

I can't see that point of view

there are NOT good people on both sides with alt right MAGA siege the capital traitors.

I don't just give white folk the benefit of the doubt like that.

So posting on the board is FINE (to a degree)

but I do NOT support that type of platform with clicks and views when I COMPLETELY disagree with them.

They can do whatever they want

But I aint gotta SUPPORT it ESPECIALLY if it directly attacking ME and MINES.

for some sci fi gossip that I can EASILY fins anywhere else.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
imma jump in
but hold on I STILL aint watch :lol:

so this is NOT directed at YOU personally

but just on what I have been reading in this thread from now MULTIPLE brothers I trust?

there IS a difference

on BGOL we let you say all that stuff true

but you start disparaging Black folk or posting homosexual content?

You banned, or ignored right? So we got RULES

but forget that part for a moment.

MAGA? I don't have any SYMPATHY or tolerance for that sh*t in any form

cause its ENTIRE FOUNDATION IS BASED ON MISINFORMATION AND LIES AND RACISM

I can't see that point of view

there are NOT good people on both sides with alt right MAGA siege the capital traitors.

I don't just give white folk the benefit of the doubt like that.

So posting on the board is FINE (to a degree)

but I do NOT support that type of platform with clicks and views when I COMPLETELY disagree with them.

They can do whatever they want

But I aint gotta SUPPORT it ESPECIALLY if it directly attacking ME and MINES.

for some sci fi gossip that I can EASILY fins anywhere else.
I hear you, bro.
That's your assessment of MAGA and you're welcome to it.
But still, please watch a few of their videos on YouTube and decide for yourself.

I'm sure you'll draw your own conclusions... ;)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I've been listening to Midnight's Edge for awhile but they're wrong on this by alot...

:lol:

OK I got a minute

Let me do this LIVE

damn 2 min in quoting some incel sh*t

then showed a picture of ALL WOMEN to be EVIL

and the all MEN picture SAVED everything

:lol:

WTF???

When the hell did EVERYONE embrace Cara f*cking Dune??!?!

her figure was FLYING OFF THE SHELVES???

WTF HE TALKING ABOUT????

hold hold hold on

her NAME is Rey Palpatine now? WTF

that aint that girl NAME

WTF is he DOING?!?!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

both Gina and Cara Dunne acquired their skills by TRAINING!!!

WTF?!?!?

So Daisy Ridley aint train aint learn to act?

Gina Carado is a BETTER ACTOR than Daisy f*cking Ridley?

WTF?

she wouldn't SUBMIT?

Gina NEVER came out as a Trump supporting MAGA republican?

Gina NEVER disparaged ANYONE?!?!?

sidebar...

you READ the youtube COMMENTS!

:roflmao::roflmao2::roflmao3:

Yo he slick talking the Jews?

SUBSET?????

@ViCiouS YO!!!!!!!!!!

that's the most cowardly sh*t ever

WTF????

A CALL FOR UNITY?????

This guy is TRIP!!!!

should we cancel Disney+ ?

Umm NO.

wtf?

I don't do piracy fool I aint a savage

I got a basement.

this FOOL did an advertisement using cancel Disney+ !?!?!?!?!

Yo I LOVE THIS FOOL!!!!!

tenor.gif

I'm DONE

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Is it out of line to request a fresh post of GC nudes etc every other page?

It’s kind of a blanket request for any of these extended MAGA related discussion hijackings...
:cmonson:

I feel like if some ass ain’t on display within a page or two max y’all are low key letting this bullshit cancel BGOL culture :hithead::lol:

As my man Sir Smoke-a-Lot said,

“think about this shit, pleeeeaaaasseee...!!”
:lol2:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I hear you, bro.
That's your assessment of MAGA and you're welcome to it.
But still, please watch a few of their videos on YouTube and decide for yourself.

I'm sure you'll draw your own conclusions... ;)

OK I watched it...

Oh man I hope THAT was not representative of his OVERALL work

I respect what you seeing and you can have ALL that.

Its cool, I think I seen a few of his vids before

but I won't be in the future and I won't be posting them.

but listen

that aint my MAGA assessment...

its the TRUTH.

if anyone giving MAGA cats the benefit of the doubt?

You aint f*cking with me on no level.

I ain't listening I aint engaging I don't give a f*ck about they hearts and minds

I had one maga prick try to run up on my babies while I was getting her mom's birthday cake a few months back

on some nigg** talk.

they get NO QUARTER from me.

they see ME and my loved ones as the enemy...

so wtf am I supposed to see THEM as?

f*ck them, any sympathizers and anyone who co sign them

so I guess you are right

I did do an assessment

I assessed them as the enemy.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Is it out of line to request a fresh post of GC nudes etc every other page?

It’s kind of a blanket request for any of these extended MAGA related discussion hijackings...
:cmonson:

I feel like if some ass ain’t on display within a page or two max y’all are low key letting this bullshit cancel BGOL culture :hithead::lol:

As my man Sir Smoke-a-Lot said,

“think about this shit, pleeeeaaaasseee...!!”
:lol2:

I TRIED!!!

they said she fat now :lol:

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OK I watched it...

Oh man I hope THAT was not representative of his OVERALL work

I respect what you seeing and you can have ALL that.

Its cool, I think I seen a few of his vids before

but I won't be in the future and I won't be posting them.

but listen

that aint my MAGA assessment...

its the TRUTH.

if anyone giving MAGA cats the benefit of the doubt?

You aint f*cking with me on no level.

I ain't listening I aint engaging I don't give a f*ck about they hearts and minds

I had one maga prick try to run up on my babies while I was getting her mom's birthday cake a few months back

on some nigg** talk.

they get NO QUARTER from me.

they see ME and my loved ones as the enemy...

so wtf am I supposed to see THEM as?

f*ck them, any sympathizers and anyone who co sign them

so I guess you are right

I did do an assessment

I assessed them as the enemy.
Fair enough.
At least you gave it a try.
If after one video you feel they're MAGA, then there's nothing more for me to say... :dunno:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fair enough.
At least you gave it a try.
If after one video you feel they're MAGA, then there's nothing more for me to say... :dunno:

Did YOU watch the video?

Did YOU read the comments?

Did i tell ONE lie in MY review of the video?

Apparently i ain't the ONLY one on the bgol who came to this conclusion...

Ok all due respect absolutely no shade but

Do you KNOW this dude personally?

Are you a diehard fan?

Are you white?

I only ask because of the benefit of the doubt being given.

I'd appreciate an answer if you comfortable enough to give it here.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did YOU watch the video?

Did YOU read the comments?

Did i tell ONE lie in MY review of the video?

Apparently i ain't the ONLY one on the bgol who came to this conclusion...

Ok all due respect absolutely no shade but

Do you KNOW this dude personally?

Are you a diehard fan?

Are you white?

I only ask because of the benefit of the doubt being given.

I'd appreciate an answer if you comfortable enough to give it here.
When did I accuse you of lying? :confused:
- You watched the video.
- You made up your mind.

It's done. It ain't personal.. :dunno:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
When did I accuse you of lying? :confused:
- You watched the video.
- You made up your mind.

It's done. It ain't personal.. :dunno:

never that, just asking,

you guys are more into this nerd media stuff than I am

I was a little surprised by the tone of the video

and since you were so adamantly defending them against others, I was curious.

you don't have to answer

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
She must have ignored many warnings and threats to get dumped liked this. She was lined up as the next action woman but her dogmatic posts killed that. This is not a cancellation but a “we can’t fuck with you”. She was quick to climb up on the persecution cross. White folks are so willing to be a victim even over the most self imposed fuck ups.
So are they gonna get Isaiah Washington and get him roles too?

You know what make this even more hilarious.Disney wanted to fire her in January but Jon Favreau basically saved her ass and she does this..lol

What a fucking idiot...

The ongoing social media frenzy that surrounds actor and women’s MMA fighter Gina Carano has only seemed to pick up speed once again, with the #FireGinaCarano resurfacing on Twitter. The Mandalorian star who plays ex-mercenary and the current Nevarro New Republic Marshal Cara Dune has been heavily under fire on social media throughout the bulk of Season 2, but so far has emerged without burns. It seems Gina may have the show’s creator, Jon Favreau, to thank for that.

Disney told her towards the end of last year to stop with her bullshit or they wont give her a show yet she continue with her bullshit. I just understand,why so many people are upset with Disney when they tried to save her ass.

Alot of people dont know what free speech is. And,what's crazy white people gets to talk recklessly alot more than black people.

I'm pretty sure Disney told her to chill out many times. When that didn't work that's when they told her they'll make a TV show base on her character but she rather be an idiot.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
New York Magazine Writer Compares ‘Mandalorian’ Actress Gina Carano’s Treatment To Hollywood’s Blacklisting in the 1950s

The post simply argued (uncontroversially) that the Holocaust grew out of a hate campaign against Jews, which it then likened (controversially) to hatred of fellow Americans for their political views,” Chait wrote. “I don’t find this post especially insightful. But overheated comparisons to Nazi Germany are quite common, and, more to the point, not anti-Semitic. There is no hint anywhere in this post of sympathy for Nazis or blame for their victims.”

The media reporting on Carano’s social media also came under fire from Chait.

“The tone of the reporting simply conveys her posts as though they were a series of petty crimes, the punishment of which is inevitable and self-evidently justified,” he wrote. “The principle that an actor ought to be fired for expressing unsound political views has simply faded into the background.”
He added, “If you think blacklisting is only bad if its targets have sensible views, I have some bad news for you about communism.”

Chait conceded that Hollywood has the right to choose who it will work with. But “a fairer and more liberal society is able to create some space between an individual’s political views and the position of their employer.”

giphy.gif

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

All I have to say is that Favreau better not feel some type of way about the firing because she was warned many times and she refused to tone it down.

Can you imagine,you saved someone you're cool with from being fired and they continue to do dumb shit and then you get mad at the company that they fired that person.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

New York Magazine Writer Compares ‘Mandalorian’ Actress Gina Carano’s Treatment To Hollywood’s Blacklisting in the 1950s
By Bruce Haring
Bruce Haring

Mega
New York Magazine writer Jonathan Chait says Hollywood’s treatment of conservative actress Gina Carano is reminiscent of the Hollywood blacklist in the 1950s.

Chait’s Friday essay for the Intelligencer argued there was no “principled distinction” between Carano’s recent termination from future episodes of The Mandalorian and her representation and the Hollywood blacklist against communists.

Carano was dropped by talent agency UTA this week after sharing a social media post comparing the current political climate to the Nazi era. Lucasfilms, which produces The Mandalorian, said it had no plans for her.

Chait wrote that the post “was not anti-Semitic by any reasonable definition.”

“The post simply argued (uncontroversially) that the Holocaust grew out of a hate campaign against Jews, which it then likened (controversially) to hatred of fellow Americans for their political views,” Chait wrote. “I don’t find this post especially insightful. But overheated comparisons to Nazi Germany are quite common, and, more to the point, not anti-Semitic. There is no hint anywhere in this post of sympathy for Nazis or blame for their victims.”

“The tone of the reporting simply conveys her posts as though they were a series of petty crimes, the punishment of which is inevitable and self-evidently justified,” he wrote. “The principle that an actor ought to be fired for expressing unsound political views has simply faded into the background.”

He added, “If you think blacklisting is only bad if its targets have sensible views, I have some bad news for you about communism.”
Chait conceded that Hollywood has the right to choose who it will work with. But “a fairer and more liberal society is able to create some space between an individual’s political views and the position of their employer.”

“A Dalton Trumbo ought to have been able to hold onto his screenwriting job even though he supported a murderous dictator like Stalin,’ he said “And actors ought to be able to work even if they support an authoritarian bigot like Donald Trump.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The post simply argued (uncontroversially) that the Holocaust grew out of a hate campaign against Jews, which it then likened (controversially) to hatred of fellow Americans for their political views,” Chait wrote. “I don’t find this post especially insightful. But overheated comparisons to Nazi Germany are quite common, and, more to the point, not anti-Semitic. There is no hint anywhere in this post of sympathy for Nazis or blame for their victims.”

giphy.gif

hold a so called REPUTABLE MEDIA outlet actually printed this sh*t???

you sure it aint that alt right bullsh*t video I suffered through a few days back?

Since WHEN has that EVER BEEN TRUE about ANY JOB???

These are the SAME muthafukas telling ESPN leave "politics" out of sports whenever they doing flagrant racist sexist sh*t

that white women went after LGBTQ then went anti vaxx then went MAGA the election was rigged bullsh*t

THEY POLITELY TOLD HER TO JUST CHILL?

then she proceeds to go on some anti semitic?

and they looking for sympathy for HER?

This white privilege sh*t is obscene???

What MORE benefit of the doubt is there?

I swear if Favreau dumb enough to try and DIE on THIS hill here?

You know what? and I like ALL of Fav work since Swingers

but f*ck him.

Cause TRUST me Filoni won't go down because of who...

GINA?!??!?!

Filoni will be a just fine replacement but HOPE & PRAY Fav CHILLS on this here

it aint worth it

your best friend Vince ALREADY been down this road, you left him behind...

keep going forward homeboy

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Report: Gina Carano wasn’t attached to ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 3
A new report suggests that Gina Carano was never meant to return for Season 3
By Herb Scribner@HerbScribner Feb 11, 2021, 12:00pm MST

Cara Dune (Gina Carano) and Greef Karga (Carl Weathers) in “The Mandalorian.” Disney+

Former “The Mandalorian” star Gina Carano was reportedly never attached to appear in the show’s third season.
Deadline reports that Carano wasn’t attached to appear in Season 3 of “The Mandalorian” in her role as Cara Dune.
  • The show’s storylines suggest her character would appear more often, especially since there were spinoffs on the way, including “Rangers of the New Republic.”
  • But there was never a deal for Carano in place to appear on any spinoff, including “Rangers of the New Republic,” according to Deadline.

A Lucasfilm spokesperson said Wednesday that Carano has been let go from Lucasfilm, signaling her official exit from the “Star Wars” franchise.
  • “Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”
Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter, Ars Technica, The Verge, People magazine and other sources also reported the news. By Thursday morning, The Washington Post reported the same news.
According to The Washington Post, it’s unclear if her role will be recast.

• “Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors … even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews,” Carano shared on her Instagram story on Tuesday, per The Washington Post. “How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?”

Carano has previously posted about the COVID-19 vaccine, Democrats, face masks and voter fraud, among other political issues. She has been criticized on social media through the hashtag #FireGinaCarano.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘The Mandalorian’ Actress Gina Carano & UTA Part Ways In Wake Of Social Media Controversy

By Anthony D'Alessandro
Anthony D'Alessandro
Editorial Director/Box Office Editor
@AwardsTonyMore Stories By Anthony
February 10, 2021 8:14pm

Lucasfilm
EXCLUSIVE: Gina Carano, the MMA fighter-turned-actress, is no longer with her agency UTA, a spokesperson confirmed to Deadline on Wednesday night.

This comes in the wake of Carano, who had a regular role in Disney+’s The Mandalorian for its first two seasons, making controversial statements on social media.

Lucasfilm released a statement earlier this evening saying, “Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

Deadline understands Carano wasn’t attached to continue with Season 3 of The Mandalorian as bounty hunter Cara Dune. That said, her storyline left off as though we’d be seeing more of her.

Not to mention, Disney+ had plans for Mandalorian spinoffs including Rangers of the New Republic; I had been told when news was leaking back in the fall about that latter series that a deal for Carnao wasn’t in place
.​

The actress, who has had a history of speaking out on social media, crossed the line with comments that compared the current divided political climate to Nazi Germany, exclaiming, “Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors,” in a TikTok post that has since been removed.

The hashtag #FireGinaCarano begin trending, with those on social media tagging Mandalorian creator Jon Favreau, Disney, Disney+, Star Wars and Lucasfilm.

Carano and her supporters attempted to get the hashtag #weloveginacarano to trend, but to little effect.

The Daily Beast exclusively learned that Carano was dropped by her publicists at ID last fall due to her social media activity, which has included statements about facemask wearing and voter fraud. She had been with the PR firm briefly.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
‘The Mandalorian’ Actress Gina Carano & UTA Part Ways In Wake Of Social Media Controversy

By Anthony D'Alessandro
Anthony D'Alessandro
Editorial Director/Box Office Editor
@AwardsTonyMore Stories By Anthony
February 10, 2021 8:14pm

Lucasfilm
EXCLUSIVE: Gina Carano, the MMA fighter-turned-actress, is no longer with her agency UTA, a spokesperson confirmed to Deadline on Wednesday night.

This comes in the wake of Carano, who had a regular role in Disney+’s The Mandalorian for its first two seasons, making controversial statements on social media.

Lucasfilm released a statement earlier this evening saying, “Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

Deadline understands Carano wasn’t attached to continue with Season 3 of The Mandalorian as bounty hunter Cara Dune. That said, her storyline left off as though we’d be seeing more of her.

Not to mention, Disney+ had plans for Mandalorian spinoffs including Rangers of the New Republic; I had been told when news was leaking back in the fall about that latter series that a deal for Carnao wasn’t in place
.​

The actress, who has had a history of speaking out on social media, crossed the line with comments that compared the current divided political climate to Nazi Germany, exclaiming, “Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors,” in a TikTok post that has since been removed.

The hashtag #FireGinaCarano begin trending, with those on social media tagging Mandalorian creator Jon Favreau, Disney, Disney+, Star Wars and Lucasfilm.

Carano and her supporters attempted to get the hashtag #weloveginacarano to trend, but to little effect.

The Daily Beast exclusively learned that Carano was dropped by her publicists at ID last fall due to her social media activity, which has included statements about facemask wearing and voter fraud. She had been with the PR firm briefly.

200.gif

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

39374858-9267703-The_latest_Gina_Carano_was_snapped_flipping_off_a_photographer_a-a-16_1613520796706.jpg

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

39374858-9267703-The_latest_Gina_Carano_was_snapped_flipping_off_a_photographer_a-a-16_1613520796706.jpg

Dana White defending that piece of shit....verrrrry shocking...:rolleyes:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

@fonzerrillii @ViCiouS @ansatsusha_gouki

I told y'all

This b*tch about to go all out

Know lets sit back and see who dumb enough to co sign her bullsh*t during the off season

And potentially get fired on they day off

Please lawd do not let it Shuri or Starbuck