Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
MtllrsE.png

WKHS: Trading in a channel the entire month. Needs to break 23.50 to run up. Consider the boundaries for quick swings.
WKHS came down to the bottom of this channel. I bought some for a swing back to $23.25.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
I just cancelled to buy in at $16.
Supposedly this is a long term play. I'm not in it for that though. I just wanted it to get back to $30 so I can sell out. Until then, I won't be putting any more money into it. Between my wife and I, we have around 500 shares.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not understanding why $ABUS is not taking off since Moderna lost their patent fight... Can someone explain? I've been sitting on a grip of shares for quite a while thinking they were going to blow, with the success of Moderna's vaccine. What am I missing here???
Be patient, playa. Just because you buy it doesn’t mean it will go up 100% immediately.

Kaotic

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light...
Platinum Member
Be patient, playa. Just because you buy it doesn’t mean it will go up 100% immediately.
No doubt... Just been holding it since Sep. I'm in the money now, but just saying I was expecting it to go upwards more instead of where its been sitting for the past couple weeks.

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
No doubt... Just been holding it since Sep. I'm in the money now, but just saying I was expecting it to go upwards more instead of where its been sitting for the past couple weeks.

Biotechs are not long term holds unless you know they're working on something earth shattering. since you've already made your profits, i wouldnt keep sitting on it and tying up my capital. i do take it that they're options right? might be time to cut and run. if it's actual shares then maybe you may continue to sit...i wouldn't

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not understanding why $ABUS is not taking off since Moderna lost their patent fight... Can someone explain? I've been sitting on a grip of shares for quite a while thinking they were going to blow, with the success of Moderna's vaccine. What am I missing here???
moderna been a disappointment of sorts but SouthKorea & i think brazil just placed a huge order so idk , but pretty much all the vaccines have been disappointments of sorts ,but i have my sights on Astrazenica and a little known OTC CYDY but im just watching it all for now

Kaotic

Platinum Member
Biotechs are not long term holds unless you know they're working on something earth shattering. since you've already made your profits, i wouldnt keep sitting on it and tying up my capital. i do take it that they're options right? might be time to cut and run. if it's actual shares then maybe you may continue to sit...i wouldn't

Thanks very for the insight... These are actual shares, as I had not obtain enough knowledge of how Options worked at that point in time, so I was leery of trying that route.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you think now is a good time to buy into ali baba? What worries me is all that investigations and shit china has started on it.
It’s still a risk because it’s China but it’s also a stock with better fundamentals than Amazon that was sitting on an RSI under 30. YMMV but to me I think China prez just put his balls in Jack Ma’s face to let him know he need to watch his mouth and then we back to the regular program.

I could be wrong but at these prices and RSI levels I was willing to take the slight risk on shares and options for longer term time frames.

Kaotic

Platinum Member
moderna been a disappointment of sorts but SouthKorea & i think brazil just placed a huge order so idk , but pretty much all the vaccines have been disappointments of sorts ,but i have my sights on Astrazenica and a little known OTC CYDY but im just watching it all for now
Thank.. Glad to know I wasn't the only one disappointed in the performance.

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
Thanks very for the insight... These are actual shares, as I had not obtain enough knowledge of how Options worked at that point in time, so I was leery of trying that route.

you cool then. i would have suggested selling covered calls to generate some income from it as you wait, but since you are still not too sure at options trading then leave it be.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
For folks keeping tabs on the semiconductors (like me). $INTC with a bounce today. Still not sold for long term (PUT opportunities?). There's so much competition...$AMD, ARM, $NVDA. $AAPL using ARM for their chips. $MS looking to do the same. $AMD eating at their market share. I don't know where $INTC goes from here.

***Full disclosure, I own $AMD but I definitely am watching this ARM movement. Either way, $AMD has an ARM license if x86 chips lose favor (I don't think it will be anytime soon, but who knows. Expect the unexpected). The real threat though may be RISC-V.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Reviewing my EV watchlist, NIO, XPEV and LI had good days today. Could they be on their way back up? I have some NIO, but I may pick up some calls on LI tomorrow if it looks good PM.
Deliveries are key for all three but especially NIO. NIO has me a little nervous on the deliveries. They gave guidance that they were gonna have crazy numbers for December. If they miss on that it could have a negative effect. I expect delivery numbers to hit in the next week and should be good for all 3 and obviously NIO day on Jan 9th.

If NIO can hit their delivery target and have some great announcements it’s over!