TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
The women on this show......... Goodness.

Damn man Keith Sweat blew the fine female cops head clean off. I thought he was the good one. The other girl with his brother got fat Ol fat ass too. Shits crazy

Edit. Damn. Demarcus Cousins wild as fuck in this. The other female cop finer than a motherfucker too! Odell Beckam Junior looking like the fag that he is too.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I heard they got renewed for a 5th season. I'm on season 3.

Sounds good - nice to hear that it has the additional buzz with Netflix behind it now too.

For the 5th Canadian Screen Awards in 2017, Kim's Convenience garnered 11 nominations, including Best Comedy Series, Best Actor in a Comedy Series (Lee), Best Actress in a Comedy Series (Yoon and Bang), and Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (Phung).[22] Lee won the award for best actor in a continuing leading comedic role for his portrayal of Appa,[23] and Phung won Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Kimchee.[24]

Kim's Convenience won two awards at the 2017 Toronto ACTRA Awards, Outstanding Performance - Female for actress Jean Yoon and the Members’ Choice Series Ensemble Award for Best Cast.[25][26]

The first-season episodes "Ddong Chim" and "Janet’s Photos" are 2017 Writers Guild of Canada's Canadian Screenwriting Awards finalists in the TV comedy category.[27]

At the 6th Canadian Screen Awards in 2018, the series received 12 nominations. It won the awards for Best Comedy Series, Best Actor in a Comedy Series (Lee) and Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (Phung).

As the show's third season aired in the winter of 2019 rather than the fall of 2018, it did not air inside the eligibility period for the 7th Canadian Screen Awards.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
For the play, see Kim's Convenience (play).

Kim's Convenience is a Canadian television sitcom that premiered on CBC Television in October 2016. It depicts the Korean Canadian Kim family that runs a convenience store in the Moss Park neighbourhood of Toronto: parents "Appa" (Paul Sun-Hyung Lee) and "Umma" (Jean Yoon) – Korean for dad and mom, respectively – along with their daughter Janet (Andrea Bang) and estranged son Jung (Simu Liu). Other characters include Jung's friend and coworker Kimchee (Andrew Phung) and his manager Shannon (Nicole Power). The series is based on Ins Choi's 2011 play of the same name.

The first season was filmed from June to August 2016 at Showline Studios in Toronto. It is produced by Thunderbird Films in conjunction with Toronto's Soulpepper Theatre Company, with Lee and Yoon reprising their roles from the play.[1] Scripts were created by Choi and Kevin White, who previously wrote for Corner Gas.

The second season premiered September 26, 2017. In July 2018, the series became available outside of Canada when it debuted internationally on Netflix. However, since January 2020, it is no longer available in all markets (e.g., the Netherlands), making the fourth season unavailable to a worldwide audience. The third season premiered January 8, 2019 and the fourth premiered January 7, 2020.[2]

On March 31, 2020, it was announced that the show has been renewed for two more seasons.[3]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
HBO might have another hit coming on Jan 4, 2021

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
:lol: Jesus fucking christ. I never heard of this shit. I'm going to get it right the fuck now. I found good gems in this thread before. :lol: "that's a steal!!!"

jremi

Rising Star
Registered
COMEDY_CENTRAL_SOUTH_SIDE_POSTER_S1_POSTER.jpg

Southside
The misadventures of a crew of misfits working at a rent-to-own shop in Southside Chicago. Mad slept on and underrated show. There are a couple of episodes that legit had me cry-laughing; that spades episode for example. How many times have you seen somebody completely lose their shit over a game of spades?
brassic_tv_series-111627631-large.jpg

Brassic
A group of good for nothing, never-do-wells try to make a better life for themselves in Northern England. The Northern England accent in and of itself is hilarious to me but throw in good acting and a funny and at times amazingly dramatic plot and you have something worth watching.
f3uv4jZ7gGKFfqpfhv2mrus3FMF.jpg

Ramy
The son of Egyptian immigrants tries to find his way in a decadent American society while trying to remain true to himself and his religion. The only problem is, he doesn't know himself and what his religion means to him. Both drama and comedy, Ramy is a decent watch. It is the little engine that could make you laugh, cringe, be introspective and at other times make you go wtf. Mahershala Ali enters in season two and makes the series even better.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Southside
The misadventures of a crew of misfits working at a rent-to-own shop in Southside Chicago. Mad slept on and underrated show. There are a couple of episodes that legit had me cry-laughing; that spades episode for example. How many times have you seen somebody completely lose their shit over a game of spades?

Agreed - it's a good show. Had a chance to see a few episodes. For the fam' in Canada - if you don't have Comedy Central, check out Much as they were also airing the episodes. In recent months they had the eps up in their On Demand section too.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
- Finished The Queen's Gambit yesterday

- Probably gonna finish season 1 for The Flight Attendant within the next week - at the midway point now

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Thats about it, not sure if people out of our age group would get it.

Definitely appeals more to the older crowd who understand the frames of reference with the original franchise & pop culture.

The teen viewers binging through it probably don't pick up on alot of stuff, unless they circled back to the 80s before or after watching the newer reboot.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Kim convenience is similar to Rami without all the sex, with most of the humor from a minority's point of view.

Btw the the dad from Kim's convenience is the pilot who saved Mondo from the spiders in the Mandalorian.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
It's a well-written comedy. I've enjoyed every episode so far. Characters flow so well together.

That's great to hear. Just glancing at the Wiki - seems like they've done a good job adapting it from the play. Seems like a number of movie and tv series have done that well too over time (adapting stuff from books). Having a good base to go by. Also, earlier scripts were created by people who worked on the series Corner Gas (another popular Canadian show).

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Kim convenience is similar to Rami without all the sex, with most of the humor from a minority's point of view.

Btw the the dad from Kim's convenience is the pilot who saved Mondo from the spiders in the Mandalorian.

I've heard good things about the Ramy series. Been meaning to check that one out. Listened to a few interviews with Ramy himself - happy for his success. Humble guy - he was noting how happy he was to have Mahershala come onboard in season 2.

Ramy is an American comedy-drama streaming television series which premiered on April 19, 2019 on Hulu. In May 2019, Hulu renewed the series for a second season, which premiered on May 29, 2020.[1][2] The series stars Ramy Youssef as the titular character with Mahershala Ali joining the cast in a recurring role for the second season.
The series has been praised for its portrayal of American Muslims when most Western pop culture depictions are "usually as the bad guys".[3] In January 2020, Youssef was awarded the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Television Series Musical or Comedy for his role in Ramy. Additionally, Youssef was nominated for two Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series and Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, as well as receiving the Peabody Award in 2020.
In July 2020, Hulu renewed the series for a third season.[4]