Samsung Note 20 - Samsung Z Fold 2

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I turned in my old ass note 8 and Att is running a promo to get the regular note free. I said nah, I want to the ultra for the better camera/sd card slot. :hmm: They said ok. So I turned in my old note and they will credit me the $1300 over 30 months, give a $250 gift certificate and I get $30 off the monthly bill (military discount) with ability to trade up in a year if I want. They made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. Plus it’s 5g and as the network gets better I should be fine. Unlimited data too.
Great deal bruh. :clap: :clap: :clap:

yxFhVd.jpg

d-weezy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The only downside I've found with my Z Fold 2:
1. It does not like any other charging cable than the one it comes with. Fast charging from <15% battery takes less than an hour, but with the other cables I've used, I'm looking at hours.
It was a real hassle this past weekend when I was in Aruba and charging the phone overnight to just find that it only got up to 90% during the course of 6 hours of sleep.

2. The lack of cases out and able to be delivered in less than 3 weeks is trash.

3. Physically the camera bump on the back us annoying as it makes it easier for that part to get scratched as its leaning heavily on the surface you have the phone

4. The location of the fingerprint/power button. It may be just me but when I'm just holding the phone in my hand it constantly vibrates as it appears to be trying to read the print of my hand.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
1. It does not like any other charging cable than the one it comes with. Fast charging from <15% battery takes less than an hour, but with the other cables I've used, I'm looking at hours.
It was a real hassle this past weekend when I was in Aruba and charging the phone overnight to just find that it only got up to 90% during the course of 6 hours of sleep.

2. The lack of cases out and able to be delivered in less than 3 weeks is trash.

3. Physically the camera bump on the back us annoying as it makes it easier for that part to get scratched as its leaning heavily on the surface you have the phone

4. The location of the fingerprint/power button. It may be just me but when I'm just holding the phone in my hand it constantly vibrates as it appears to be trying to read the print of my hand.
I bought these when I got a new laptop a few months ago- works great connecting my Note 10+, and later Fold2 to charging brick and laptop - fits through my spigen & vrs cases
Amazon product ASIN B07DQM7WH5

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor

Number 2 will solve number 3. Just order a case these days you should be able to get any case within 2 weeks. A case will remove the camera bump.

20201102-181948.jpg

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
How many of yall got the samsung watch and earbuds?

I have the watch 3 and the galaxy buds live.

The galaxy buds live are fantastic for me. I usually don't like earbuds because I don't like having to insert them in my ear canal. These securely rest in the ear lobe. The noise cancelation is non existent, but they're comfortable with good call quality.

The watch 3 is nice, but the third party apps have horrible reviews. I haven't had a chance to put it through a full day's use due to the pandemic, but overall I like it.

The 44mm Active 2 has a 20mm band which to me looked out of wack with the big watch face. The 40mm is tiny.

d-weezy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Number 2 will solve number 3. Just order a case these days you should be able to get any case within 2 weeks. A case will remove the camera bump.

20201102-181948.jpg
I got a cheap one to tide me over, but the legit long term cases are STILL 2-3 weeks away. I think everyone around didn't expect this phone to move as many units so things are so slow. Apps that fit on both screens, cases, etc.

N*E*R*D

Out here somewhere
Registered
I have the watch 3 and the galaxy buds live.

The galaxy buds live are fantastic for me. I usually don't like earbuds because I don't like having to insert them in my ear canal. These securely rest in the ear lobe. The noise cancelation is non existent, but they're comfortable with good call quality.

The watch 3 is nice, but the third party apps have horrible reviews. I haven't had a chance to put it through a full day's use due to the pandemic, but overall I like it.

The 44mm Active 2 has a 20mm band which to me looked out of wack with the big watch face. The 40mm is tiny.
Have you worked out with those Buds Live? Do they fall out at all?

How's the sensor when pressing on them to change a song or pause it?

So basically the noise cancelation is a joke huh?

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Have you worked out with those Buds Live? Do they fall out at all?

How's the sensor when pressing on them to change a song or pause it?

So basically the noise cancelation is a joke huh?

I haven't worked out in them (haven't been to the gym since the pandemic started). But when they were in my ears, I tried to see if they would fall out or get loose by shaking my head all around and leaning from side to side. They stayed in the whole time and never felt loose.

Pausing works well, when you tap on it, it registers it pretty easily. I haven't tried skipping songs yet. I have a Note 20 Ultra and it knows when the buds are in my ear. As soon as I put the first one in, it immediately sends all audio, calls, etc through the ear buds. Similarly, as soon as I take the last one out, it immediately switches everything back to the phone.

The ANC might filter out specific sounds, but for me it didn't do anything at all. Lol. All of the YouTube reviewers had the same experience.

They're probably not going to sound as good as the air pod pros and definitely won't have the air pods' level of ANC, but for the price I like the fit, sound, and call quality.

He did a pretty good comparison here:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

LockStar
QuickStar
Task Changer
Clockface
NavStar
Home Up
NotiStar

Nice Catch
One Hand Operation +
EdgeLighting +
EdgeTouch
SoundAssistant

Last edited:

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Has anyone taken off the screen protector on the inside. It's getting tough to clean and it's getting knicked up.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Has anyone taken off the screen protector on the inside. It's getting tough to clean and it's getting knicked up.
yeah- took it to the Samsung store to get it removed
then put on a matte screen protector