TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@Quek9

37091814_636935623349541_6717505021912547328_n.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
To the Lake

8/10

This is a good thriller series from Russia. The series was developed and created back in 2019 long before anybody was thinking of Covid-19.

If you are a conspiracy theorist thinking the Govt is somehow involved with the virus. This is your show.

The premise is nothing new and nothing spectacular. But the series puts a new spin on the subject.

The series is mainly character based and deals with character development thru-out unlike other series like it where they do it in the first episode. Not much is given on the virus and its very rarely dealt with thru-out the series. The premise is mainly on how folks react to the event.

There is a lot of predictable moments thru-out the series, but when they happen there usually is a twist or different way it ends. There are a large number of "I Was Not Expecting That" moments thru-out. Whoever created, directed and wrote for the series plays on that thru-out which makes it interesting.

The series is very slow placed, but each episode has its moments of suspense that will keep you interested. If you suffer from TV ADHD, you will have to deal with it as the show plays out. Episode 6 gives you insight on the main characters past which will explain their behavior and relationships that happened in earlier episodes.

If you want to watch it with your girl. There is a interesting sub-plot with the main male character and the 2 women who are part of his life and he has a child with each one. Their story and how it plays out will definitely interest your girl and you.

Violence is minimal but graphic. There is female nudity with good shots of boobs, booty's and some groin area, not much for male nudity, just butt shots. There are a few sex scenes, nothing graphic or exciting.

There are 8 episodes running about 50 minutes each. Being this is a very slow paced show, I would not recommend binge watching it. It took me the past 3 weeks to view all the episodes to allow me to watch and soak them in. I usually watched 1 or 2 episodes a sitting.

Netflix has it dubbed in English. When you start watching it, the voices don't seem to match up with the characters look. It kind of has the feel of those 1970s era Kung-Fu flick. You get over it by the end of episode 2.

If you looking for something interesting to watch being not much new is coming out on network TV, theaters or anywhere else, this should hold you over.

And with the last scene and some other events in the season finale, it looks like season 2 is gonna kick it into full gear with action.

Synopsis

Faced with a terrifying virus that turns Moscow into a city of the dead, survivors set off on a long, dangerous journey north to find an isolated hunting lodge on a deserted island.

to-the-lake-netflix.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Mom said she's been enjoying checking out this show lately -

Departure is a 2019 British-Canadian suspense drama television series commissioned by Canadian broadcaster Global.[1] NBCUniversal pre-bought the series with an intent to air on Universal TV in the United Kingdom and Germany and 13th Street in France and Spain, as well as on Universal TV in Africa and 13th Street in Poland.[2]

Departure premiered on Universal TV on 10 July 2019. Global scheduled the premier for 8 October 2020.[3] On 14 July 2020, NBC's streaming service Peacock acquired the series in the United States, where it debuted on 17 September 2020.[4] The distributor is Red Arrow Studios International, although Starlings Television managed the sale to Peacock/Universal. The NBCUniversal media conglomerate purchased the series for Europe and Africa.[5]

On 11 September 2020, the series was renewed for a second season.[6] Production was already underway by 20 September 2020.[7]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Teacher fucking her student... On Hulu.

A Teacher is an American drama television miniseries created by Hannah Fidell based on her film of the same name. The series stars Kate Mara and Nick Robinson. It is produced by FX and premiered on sister streaming service FX on Hulu on November 10, 2020.[1][2][3]

In February 2014, it was revealed that Fidell's film A Teacher would be adapted for television by HBO. Fidell would write and executive produce the series along with Danny Brocklehurst.[9] Kate Mara who is starring in the series also be serving as an executive producer, while Fidell will also direct the series, set up at FX instead of HBO.[10] It was announced in November 2019 that the show would premiere on Hulu instead of FX, as part of "FX on Hulu".[11][12][13] Keegan DeWitt composed the series score.[14] The miniseries premiered on November 10, 2020, with the first 3 episodes available and the rest debuting on a weekly basis.[3]

Principal photography began shooting in Calgary, Canada in August 2019.[16] and wrapped on October 13, 2019.[17]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
- Checked out Fargo's season 4 finale

- Finished the How to ... with John Wilson docuseries earlier in the week (episodes are under 30 mins - 6 total - final ep was filmed right when things were taking off with the pandemic)

- Still enjoying the first seasons of Barry, Peaky Blinders, and Goliath

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Kings of JoBurg

201204091343269389.jpg

The Masire brothers rule Johannesburg’s criminal underworld, but a supernatural family curse and a tangled web of betrayal threaten to destroy them.

slam

Super Moderator
1*SMYuwiIdr9_lfv21KyysjQ.jpeg

Iconic Mexican-American performer Selena rises to fame as she and her family make sacrifices in order to achieve their lifelong dreams.

slam

Super Moderator
201204080318744017.jpg

After a family tragedy strikes, Frank Hardy, 16, and his brother Joe, 12, are forced to move from the big city to their parent’s hometown of Bridgeport for the summer. Staying with their Aunt Trudy, Frank and Joe’s quiet summer quickly comes to a halt when they discover their dad, detective Fenton Hardy has taken on a secret investigation. Realizing that their Dad may be onto something the boys take it upon themselves to start an investigation of their own, and suddenly everyone in town is a suspect.

man i used to love these books when i was little n living in Jamaica...:lol::lol:

#judgementfreezone

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
201204080318744017.jpg

After a family tragedy strikes, Frank Hardy, 16, and his brother Joe, 12, are forced to move from the big city to their parent’s hometown of Bridgeport for the summer. Staying with their Aunt Trudy, Frank and Joe’s quiet summer quickly comes to a halt when they discover their dad, detective Fenton Hardy has taken on a secret investigation. Realizing that their Dad may be onto something the boys take it upon themselves to start an investigation of their own, and suddenly everyone in town is a suspect.

man i used to love these books when i was little n living in Jamaica...:lol::lol:

#judgementfreezone

brother from another

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

There is a little swirling but the overall story is good.
Big Little Lies

The series has received critical acclaim, particularly for its writing, directing, acting, cinematography, and soundtrack. Its first season received 16 Primetime Emmy Award nominations and won eight, including Outstanding Limited Series, and acting awards for Kidman, Skarsgård, and Dern. The trio also won Golden Globe Awards in addition to a Golden Globe Award for Best Miniseries or Television Film win for the series. Kidman and Skarsgård also received Screen Actors Guild Awards for their performances.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Friendly reminder for the Cranston fans ... this 10-episode series debuts tonight ...