TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
- Started watching Peaky Blinders

- Same for Goliath (enjoying both series ^)

- Still enjoying Fargo season 4 ... hopefully the next few episodes can be longer. These ones have been shorter at just over 40 mins without ads. Hope they get back to some eps closer to 60 mins

- Checked out the Borat 2 movie

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
I stopped episode 1 around the 13-minute mark just to find out about season 2.

I downloaded season 1 torrent, but you guys can watch the free streaming here.

This shit is fire!!! Just got done with ep 1. That shit was a movie

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
caught up with season 2 of terror

some of the best tv out there

must watch

I enjoyed the 1st season and caught part of the 2nd (need to see the rest). They filmed (part of) it locally ... Fraser River, etc.

The second season, titled The Terror: Infamy, is co-created by Max Borenstein and Alexander Woo, who also serves as the showrunner and consists of 10 episodes.[6]

Derek Mio plays the lead role of Chester Nakayama, a son of Japanese born immigrants who joins the army.[44] George Takei plays Yamato-san, a former fishing captain and community elder who was imprisoned with his family in two Japanese-American internment camps during WWII. Also cast are Kiki Sukezane as Yuko, a mysterious woman from Chester's past; Shingo Usami as Henry Nakayama, Chester's father; and Naoko Mori as Asako Nakayama, Chester's mother; and Miki Ishikawa as Amy, a Nakayama family friend. Takei also serves in a consulting role to ensure the accuracy of historical events and storytelling.[45] C. Thomas Howell was cast as Retired Major Hallowell Bowen, an official with the War Relocation Authority whose "presence looms over the Japanese-American characters in the story."[46]

Josef Kubota Wladyka directed the first two episodes of the season.[47] Production began on January 14, 2019, in Vancouver.[48]

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
007d6744.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Still enjoying the Comedy Store docuseries on Showtime. Watched the 3rd ep yesterday.

Have also been going back and watching older stand-up performances from the 70s - 90s on Youtube.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
- Started watching Peaky Blinders

- Same for Goliath (enjoying both series ^)

- Still enjoying Fargo season 4 ... hopefully the next few episodes can be longer. These ones have been shorter at just over 40 mins without ads. Hope they get back to some eps closer to 60 mins

- Checked out the Borat 2 movie

How was Borat 2? Is it worth watching?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
How was Borat 2? Is it worth watching?

It was ok. Had some funny moments here and there, though it was harder to pull off being 14 years since the original movie and how much of a cultural impact that movie had. People still reference lines and sayings from it. In turn, he's only able to do a portion of the scenes as "Borat" himself. Otherwise he has to sport other disguises.

The real star of the movie is Maria Bakalova playing his co-star. She was great and held her own with his out-there comedic situations. Lots of inappropriate stuff.
She really helped push the comedy along as the focus was taken off of him, and hence his cover was less likely to get blown.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished off the Comedy Store docuseries (from Showtime) yesterday. Enjoyed all the assorted footage & stand-up clips. Many notable names. Some special segments on Prinze, Pryor, Dice Clay, Kinison and their impact. The popularity and business success of comedy podcasts in the past decade. Compared to how coveted getting a latenight spot on a show like Carson's back in the day would have been. All types of names throughout it. Carrey, Wayans, Barr, Chappelle, Rock, Lee, Rogan, Cummings, CK, Holtzman, Griffin, Diaz, Williams, Mooney, Segura, etc. Cool to see the comedic chops from some of the doormen too. Recognized one of the guys as I'd seen him on that Roast Battle show, if I recall correctly. Checked out some eps On Demand (on Much in Canada) a year or two back.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was ok. Had some funny moments here and there, though it was harder to pull off being 14 years since the original movie and how much of a cultural impact that movie had. People still reference lines and sayings from it. In turn, he's only able to do a portion of the scenes as "Borat" himself. Otherwise he has to sport other disguises.

The real star of the movie is Maria Bakalova playing his co-star. She was great and held her own with his out-there comedic situations. Lots of inappropriate stuff.
She really helped push the comedy along as the focus was taken off of him, and hence his cover was less likely to get blown.

gotcha

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

If you have a chance to check it out, I thought one of the funniest lead-ins (for a segment) was the bakery to clinic portion. It's well-written and thankfully the person they talked to didn't put their foot in their mouth like so many others would have (as seen over the years).

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you have a chance to check it out, I thought one of the funniest lead-ins (for a segment) was the bakery to clinic portion. It's well-written and thankfully the person they talked to didn't put their foot in their mouth like so many others would have (as seen over the years).

I will check it out. Bruno had me on the floor rolling when he pulled OJ out of the box and Child services took OJ way.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I will check it out. Bruno had me on the floor rolling when he pulled OJ out of the box and Child services took OJ way.

Did you have a chance to see his Who is America? series in recent years? Or the Ali G Show back in the early-2000s? The early years with the Borat character, etc.

I need to check out Who is America? as I didn't have Showtime at that time, and didn't get around to dloading it.

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is this good? the hbo show i've been watching is the undoing

Well...about Harper, black girl with the whitest name ever, seems to be faking her way in to high finance.

But even with faked transcripts, she’s still the black girl from a “shit uni” with the nose ring.

Poor man's version of Billions

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
1200x627-Q80_e7527dad918fdcb956a6a10d4c3956eb.jpg

Started out good,definitely did not see that ending coming..

Has two favorites of mine in the cast(Kylie Bunbury & Natalie Alyn Lind)so ill keep watching

Thanks for this one. My aunt recommended it too - emailed me a few days ago. Interestingly enough it was filmed locally. Looks like they haven't wrapped up all the filming just yet -

Wikipedia -

Filming on the series' first season began on August 27, 2020, and is scheduled to conclude on January 13, 2021, in Pitt Meadows, British Columbia.[20] Filming was originally set to take place in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Las Vegas, Nevada, but the series was moved to Vancouver in July 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.[21] The series was one of many American television productions in Vancouver that briefly halted filming in late September 2020, due to delays in receiving cast and crew COVID-19 test results.[22][23]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
- All caught up on season 4 of Fargo

- 3 episodes into the first seasons of both Goliath & Peaky Blinders

- Checked out the first 2 eps of season 1 of Barry - need to get caught up on that one (easy to get through - short eps)

- Also, all caught up with How to ... with John Wilson