TV Show Discussion: The Boys by Garth Ennis on Amazon Prime (Fonz Approved!!!) Update: Gen V spin off airing new!

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BB19Sks0.img

Homelander's final scene from season two was originally planned for season one, with a slightly different context, but Amazon pushed back and the scene was cut.
During a 2019 Reddit AMA, Kripke revealed that Amazon put their foot down on one raunchy scene.
"Homelander, after being dressed down by Stillwell in episode two, was standing on one of the Chrysler building Eagles. He pulled his pants down and started jerking off, mumbling, 'I can do whatever I want' over and over again until he climaxed all over New York City," Kripke said.
The showrunner said they filmed the scene, but "Amazon seemed to think it wasn't necessary."
Kripke got his way for season two though, and the scene was included near the end of the finale.

looks like amazon is meddling...

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
I’ve been enjoying this whole series it’s been a refresher from all the marvel and dc movies and it contains all the carnage we’d expect and want to see from super powered human violence including the politics that go with it lol

I thought Black Noire went out like a bitch but I see the humor in him being the big bad ass that’s taken out by a small nut.

Also Kimiko didn’t get the revenge she deserved for her brother being killed I felt cheated with that scene. At least let her get a proper ass-whooping in even if you wanna let the kid finish her off.

Giancarlo Esposito as Edgar is awesome in his scenes should’ve had him in earlier. I hang onto his words in each scene I like his retorts and rebuttals.

As for sticking to the comic book I guess it’s pretty solid considering all the swaps they’ve made. But the show is great.
"People love what I have to say... they BELIEVE in it... they just don't like the word Nazi."

- Stormfront

That is ssssoooooo in line with current day America that you know there's someone out there right now that has said that exact thing

Yeah people love what they have to say they believe in it they just don’t like to be called RACIST. lol

A lot of smilies and allegories throughout this whole series.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’ve been enjoying this whole series it’s been a refresher from all the marvel and dc movies and it contains all the carnage we’d expect and want to see from super powered human violence including the politics that go with it lol

I thought Black Noire went out like a bitch but I see the humor in him being the big bad ass that’s taken out by a small nut.

Also Kimiko didn’t get the revenge she deserved for her brother being killed I felt cheated with that scene. At least let her get a proper ass-whooping in even if you wanna let the kid finish her off.

Giancarlo Esposito as Edgar is awesome in his scenes should’ve had him in earlier. I hang onto his words in each scene I like his retorts and rebuttals.

As for sticking to the comic book I guess it’s pretty solid considering all the swaps they’ve made. But the show is great.

Yeah people love what they have to say they believe in it they just don’t like to be called RACIST. lol

A lot of smilies and allegories throughout this whole series.
Speaking of giancarlo anyone know when the bump johnson gangster show is coming..IF its coming back??

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm watching season two right now, I just finished episode 5. This show is a trip,. Homelander is a fascinating character. I finish it up later today. The new super hero Stormfront... :angry:

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Based off that very first scene of season 1 opening Maeve is faster than a car, and can jump very high when she jump up(I'm assuming that), and ran across the window of the building to get in front of the Van to protect the kids from getting hit

Even if you assume she is faster than a car, she still arrived to the seen too fast, but outside of Atrain I don't think real stats have been given for the supes abilities.

That still doesn't answer how she knew about the fight to begin with. We'd have to assume either she was told about the mission to get Ryan or some how found out about it. I don't see Edgar including her in the mission to retrieve Ryan from Homelander. Either way at this point in the story why would she care.my problem is the show is making you guess about the how and why for Maeve being at the seen. Hopefully at least the why gets explained in season 3.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think when the kid blasted her off storefront has such a tight grip on his mothers neck that the force of the blast made her rip her neck.

my question is what the fuck is butcher that he is constantly confronting supers yet never gets full on attacked...is he supposed to be like Longshot or something...his superpower is pure luck?

How are you defining full on attacked? Black Noire attacked Butcher this season and he fought Translucent. All of the Boys with maybe the exception of the Female should be dead if you are saying the Seven using their full strength.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Stormfront is a gat damn nazi. Dont know how I missed that one, but i did. I hope kimiko snaps her neck like a twig. Funky ass feminazi bitch

i don't know how u missed it either with a name like stormfront. the second i heard the name i knew that shit wasn't right and i went online and researched the character. i was uneasy from jump.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How are you defining full on attacked? Black Noire attacked Butcher this season and he fought Translucent. All of the Boys with maybe the exception of the Female should be dead if you are saying the Seven using their full strength.
but thats the point they never use their full strength when the team encounters them... which means theyre the luckiest fuckers on the planet.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
everyone's talking about homelander and stormfront meanwhile this chick is exploding peoples heads including
supes which makes her potentially the most powerful super yet and no discussion on her angle in all of this??

Still in shock

No articles or videos breaking down easter eggs clues or nothing

I do not get surprised easy by tv but they completely got me

I was floored.

And there has to be a connection to the escaped supe girl/boy.

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Only a few shows I watched the last mth or so with a random movies thrown in.

The Boys
Lovecraft Country
Power
Raised by wolves

So the weekly episodes work out well for me.

Yea been watching these shows as well (except for Power) but now I need another show to watch. Started watching Doom Patrol on HBO Max but the shit seems corny but I just started it so I may give it a few episodes.

My main question from the Boys is what the hell happened to Black Noire? Did he die?... I really wanted to see him in some more fighting scenes. Hopefully he's back for season 3.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Still in shock

I was floored.

It threw us off because she was in the room while it was happening. Also, she has mad range and apparently doesn't require line of sight to pop a dome.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
but thats the point they never use their full strength when the team encounters them... which means theyre the luckiest fuckers on the planet.

Yeah... your initial statement was not clear considering there has been contact between Butcher and members of the Seven.That's why I asked you to clarify what you were saying. I agree with luck/plot armor.

Usually the show goes out of its way not to have direct fights between the Seven and the Boys or its more talking than fighting during the encounters. The only member of the Boys that directly fights the Seven regularly is Kimiko who is also a Supe.in most of the conflicts she's around to sort of be a bodyguard. The rest of the team normally gets one shot and magically recover.mean while other people who come up against the Seven or Supes in general get killed without issue. I wonder if the Boys will start using Compound V to help put them on somewhat of an equal footing.

wise

2009 & 2010 POY!!!
Certified Pussy Poster
Still in shock

I was floored.

I dont think there is a connection to Cindy. I think they brought her in just to throw everybody off track lol....Originally i thought Stormfront was using her to pop heads but Cindy was in the hospital and that angle didn’t really make sense. Victoria original character is based on Victor Veep a dummy being used by Vought. Victoria is still being used by Vought to gain political power!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I dont think there is a connection to Cindy. I think they brought her in just to throw everybody off track lol....Originally i thought Stormfront was using her to pop heads but Cindy was in the hospital and that angle didn’t really make sense. Victoria original character is based on Victor Veep a dummy being used by Vought. Victoria is still being used by Vought to gain political power!

First off how you doing OG?!?!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It threw us off because she was in the room while it was happening. Also, she has mad range and apparently doesn't require line of sight to pop a dome.

That part is crazy...

She HAS TO HAVE LINE OF SIGHT cause them she is the Perfect Weapon.

And could conceivably kill homelander from blocks away?

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member

That could be the case, but the show seems to be its own thing overall. I use to get irritated when shows changed too much from the source material but I don't mind it with the Boys. It also puts everyone on the same level as far as knowing what will happen next.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
That part is crazy...

She HAS TO HAVE LINE OF SIGHT cause them she is the Perfect Weapon.

And could conceivably kill homelander from blocks away?
Homelander might have invulnerability? Is he impervious to her attacks? That nigga is cheat code strong. The only one that has a chance is his son. I don't know why vought did not put an explosive device in their head when they were young. They were already fucking over kids, might as well go all the way. There is no way I am unleashing superman without protocols for control or disposal.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

They bringing back love sausage so i wouldn't dismiss Cindy so easily.

wise

2009 & 2010 POY!!!
Certified Pussy Poster
First off how you doing OG?!?!
mwen la wi✌

Yeah Cindy could be a problem out there! But looking back at it she wasnt popping heads she was tearing them to pieces! Different Skillset lol

I know they are obviously not going in the same directions as the comics but i think its inevitable that the Butcher goes dark. Real dark. Looking forward to see that even though it might take a while.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Homelander might have invulnerability? Is he impervious to her attacks? That nigga is cheat code strong. The only one that has a chance is his son. I don't know why vought did not put an explosive device in their head when they were young. They were already fucking over kids, might as well go all the way. There is no way I am unleashing superman without protocols for control or disposal.

I think what they did to black noire was important

Cause they gave the impression BN was almost on Homelander level early this season

And a simple allergy put him in a coma

So perhaps Edgar knows something

And how the hell Maeve know?

Maeve knows a WHOLE LOT and is SMART and more powerful than she lets on

Starlight too she not only absorbs electricity she magnifies amplifies it

In theory static electricity should suffice if she was well trained.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That could be the case, but the show seems to be its own thing overall. I use to get irritated when shows changed too much from the source material but I don't mind it with the Boys. It also puts everyone on the same level as far as knowing what will happen next.

They have honored the source material so damn well its amazing

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
I think what they did to black noire was important

Cause they gave the impression BN was almost on Homelander level early this season

And a simple allergy put him in a coma

So perhaps Edgar knows something

And how the hell Maeve know?

Maeve knows a WHOLE LOT and is SMART and more powerful than she lets on

Starlight too she not only absorbs electricity she magnifies amplifies it

In theory static electricity should suffice if she was well trained.

Mauve is supposed to be the second strongest Supe with only Homelander being stronger than her.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And they were smart enough to tone down the extra cringy shit they put in the comics just because.

Y'all don't want to know why his name is Mother's Milk.

I'm fine with all that

Let the artists tell their story

I don't subscribe to handcuffs

Just be good be great

All the stuff cringe or not is who garth ennis IS, who the boys are

We can't dictate

We just get to like it or not thats it.

the comics the show wouldn't exist without it

And honestly that mothers milk storyline is light work considering Ennis.