TV Show Discussion: The Boys by Garth Ennis on Amazon Prime (Fonz Approved!!!) Update: Gen V spin off airing new!

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If it goes the way of the comic, you'll have answers
I don't think its gonna go that way, especially now that we've seen part of Black Noir's face. He's clearly black under the mask. The motivation for it to go that way is different now, so its okay that it doesn't. Becca is alive (for now). I think that will become Butcher's motivation to go apeshit like in the comics and I suspect it will end similarly to the comics if they are bold enough to go that dark. Erik Kripke has had years and years of doing twists and surprises under his belt with Supernatural, so it will be on brand for him to keep flipping the Boys as well.

Ryan turning was a little too easy
YES! HUGE writing flaw! There is no way that this kid flips on his mom, of whom he trusts most in the world, especially after he was mistreated by Homelander. I thought that as I was watching. I said all of the writers must be childless.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
better that way, now people wont know what to expect.
I will be waiting for the "deez nuts" line when it comes time to take out Black Noir.
"nibble on deez nuts"
"put deez nuts in your mouth"
"All I've got for you is deez nuts"
Any variation is acceptable.

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ryan turning was a little too easy

Bruh..It was way too easy..probably done to speed up the plot? Lil fem son of psycho bastard just up and switched sides like fuck it.i was screaming at my tv you shoulda left wit butcher ya dumb bitch!

:lol:

Binging utopia now..amazon got me fiendin.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't think its gonna go that way, especially now that we've seen part of Black Noir's face. He's clearly black under the mask. The motivation for it to go that way is different now, so its okay that it doesn't. Becca is alive (for now). I think that will become Butcher's motivation to go apeshit like in the comics and I suspect it will end similarly to the comics if they are bold enough to go that dark. Erik Kripke has had years and years of doing twists and surprises under his belt with Supernatural, so it will be on brand for him to keep flipping the Boys as well.

YES! HUGE writing flaw! There is no way that this kid flips on his mom, of whom he trusts most in the world, especially after he was mistreated by Homelander. I thought that as I was watching. I said all of the writers must be childless.

All this

I'm a Supernatural diehard

I got a mad faith in kripke

And its all daddy issues! I WISH they could have sam pop up too

Or do a supernatural movie on hbo max or amazon.

I feel like Ryan aint gonna last long though...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And yeah Ryan flip just did not make sense

Kids don't think like that

Unless they showing homelander entire genetic line is just hardwired psycho

No kid is leaving their loving doting MOTHER

for a father who threw them off a roof, some nba 2k and some weird new chick

Nope.

And even if the mother did lie about the compound? Dummy homelander been lying to you too!

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bruh..It was way too easy..probably done to speed up the plot? Lil fem son of psycho bastard just up and switched sides like fuck it.i was screaming at my tv you shoulda left wit butcher ya dumb bitch!

Binging utopia now..amazon got me fiendin.
Are you sure you're ready to go down that rabbit hole?

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Also, nobody has mentioned that Cindy is really a man. I can't be the only one who caught that, right? Or are we ignoring it and pretending it will just go away? I'm tryin' to get on code here. :lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Also, nobody has mentioned that Cindy is really a man. I can't be the only one who caught that, right? Or are we ignoring it and pretending it will just go away? I'm tryin' to get on code here. :lol:

Wait WHAT?!?

I missed that...

You SURE?

But i thought she was the head popping Assassin who attacked the courtroom the the boys contact earlier in the season?

Didn't the boy lamplighter killed have a similar power?

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are you sure you're ready to go down that rabbit hole?

Just finished season one and holy shit...trippiest part..I got that same damn tattoo on my arm.i was like :eek:

Why the bold r? You fuckin wit me? You fuckin wit me ain't you? Shit everything is conspiratorial wit this show.even comments from viewers..:giggle:

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sooo...Black Noir = Stan Edgar's son?
Any takers on that theory?
---He was loyal to Edgar's commands and didn't kill Butcher in the house.
---Looks like he's black under the mask.
---would make sense for Mr. Edgar to have someone he trusts the most on the team to handle Homelander

Who dies in the season finale?

1. Queen Maeve
2. Grace Mallory
3. Terror (the dog) - gets my vote
4. Becca (also gets my vote)
5. Elana (Maeve's girlfriend)
6. Ryan (Homelander's son)
7. Black Noir
8. Ashley Barrett (redhead assistant)
9. Stan Edgar
10. Cindy (telepath from Sage Grove)

Pick two or add your own two.
If you're thinking Butcher, Starlight, Hughie or Homelander. :cmonson:Season 3 is a go, so somebody's gotta be in it. If you pick one of those four, please make the case for it.

Last edited:

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Sooo...Black Noir = Stan Edgar's son?
Any takers on that theory?
---He was loyal to Edgar's commands and didn't kill Butcher in the house.
---Looks like he's black under the mask.
---would make sense for Mr. Edgar to have someone he trusts the most on the team to handle Homelander

Who dies in the season finale?

1. Queen Maeve
2. Col. Grace Mallory
3. Terror (the dog) - gets my vote
4. Becca (also gets my vote)
5. Elana (Maeve's girlfriend)
6. Ryan (Homelander's son)
7. Black Noir
8. Ashley Barnett (redhead assistant)
9. Stan Edgar
10. Cindy (telepath from Sage Grove)

Pick two or add your own two.
If you're thinking Butcher, Starlight, Hughie or Homelander. :cmonson:Season 3 is a go, so somebody's gotta be in it. If you pick one of those four, please make the case for it.

I pick Homelanders son Ryan (killed accidentally by Stormfront) and Queen Maeve.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I pick Homelanders son Ryan (killed accidentally by Stormfront) and Queen Maeve.
You know nothing Stormfront does is an accident. That bitch evil. :D:yes:
I put Maeve on the list because it feels like her story arc is concluding.
Either Noir will kill her, Homelander will kill her or she will die trying to stop Homelander and Stormfront.
They need a big supe fight for the season finalé.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think for the big supe fight its The Female vs Stormfront for killing her brother. Stormfront kicks her ass. Maeve steps in, puts in work on Stormfront and right before Maeve puts her lights out, Homelander shows up and kills Maeve. The Female escapes.

storm_shadoh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great Finale!
The dialogue between Butcher and Stan was some real shit.
In Amerikkka money is even more powerful than race.
Real happy Noir isn't dead he needs to go holistic and fix that nut allergy shit.
Homelander lyng and cover up at the end is the government m.o..
Now I guess things are back to square one. The boys are back on government payroll and they have their lives back.
Interesting to see where thing go from here.
Can't wait for season 3.

Last edited: