Discussion: ESPN The Last Dance 10-Part Michael Jordan Documentary Series UPDATE: Early release due to coronavirus!

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Me and my father went to the early Jordan years games. Attendance his rookie year was so bad; we‘d get walk up tickets 10 minutes before tipoff AND there was a concert after that. Saw all the Motown acts. Good seats all over Chicago Stadium. After that year the only tickets you could get walk up were standing room only and you needed to get THOSE earlier in the day. The Chicago Stadium had no elevators so you have to walk upstairs all the way to the top of that bitch. And the temperature was completely dependent on what time of year it was. And then you couldn’t even get those at the box office walk up. LOL. Good times.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
I agree... But didnt someone either close to Scottie or within the organization tell him point blank "dont sign this deal..."???

Edit, it was Reinsdorf himself. Said it was front loaded and told him not to sign.

He’s the owner, if he wanted to give Scottie a better deal to start with he could have; I’m sure he knew Scotties situation at home with trying to take care of his family. He probably told him that but said BUT that’s the best we can give you right now

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So Jordan played with Ainge

But but but but

I thought REAL PLAYERS didnt fraternize with each other???

Right?

I keep trying to tell y'all don't let these old dudes try to flip some ole bullsh*t on these new players

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

But but but but

Right?

I keep trying to tell y'all don't let these old dudes try to flip some ole bullsh*t on these new players

Come on man

You know damn well they weren't friends.

That was his competitiveness.

GAMBINO

Rising Star
OG Investor

But but but but

Right?

I never believed that players never hangout with each other even in the competitive years in the NBA. I think because the internet and social media wasn't around they were able to get away with it.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member

But but but but

Right?

Yeah but once they got on the court, they HATED each other.
Niggas these days are friends on and off the court.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
The point is why isn't the same consideration given to the modern player?

It doesn't have to be Westbrook level or nothing.

He was in Boston and wanted to play golf, and he knew Ainge from college.

Who do you think had a club membership in Boston?

The shit today is no comparison. It's very different. Magic didn't fuck with Larry until they did a commercial, and many of them didn't mess with each other until the Dream Team.